amazngrace

Emergency experienced help needed please!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

All suggestions are welcome but experienced help is preferd as we have found ourselves in an emercency situation. My husband is from cameroon. he is in germany awaiting his visa interview and is in germany now with a student visa. he has one brother here in the u.s. who can apply for permanentcy next year and also has an uncle in the military who has been here for some time and is a citizen. However his mother and 2 junior brother are residing in cameroon. His elder brother just died 3 days ago leaving behind 2 orphaned children. the mother has left them long ago, the see her in church but have grown only with there father and have never been left alone with her or even call her mom they are 7 and 9 i believe so. there is also a cousin of his we have already planned to adopt and bring here as she is 15 now and has been an orphan for the last 10 years. he has had much death in him family in the last few years and as a result there are many orphaned children. and now with the stress of the loss of his eldest brother and the loss of his income to help his mother and children the outlook is not so pleasant. what is the best way to go about getting loved ones with us here in the u.s. i know he has not been given his visa and is not here yet but i need to start gathering documents as we are all living abroad....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I believe it depends on which family members you want to petition for.

As far as I know, he would have to be the one to petition for them, and he would not be able to do that until he is a citizen (i know you you can petition for a spouse as a PR but Im not sure about other family members). Either way, I know it takes a long time for other family members as you have to waot for a visa number (spouses dont have to wait for this number.)

Either way, I know it takes a long time. I also dont know exactly how it works with an adopted child, but I know its best to do ASAP as I believe by 18 you can no longer petition for them as a child...

Hopefully someone will verify my answers, but I just thought id let you know the few things I remember!

Good luck!

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All suggestions are welcome but experienced help is preferd as we have found ourselves in an emercency situation. My husband is from cameroon. he is in germany awaiting his visa interview and is in germany now with a student visa. he has one brother here in the u.s. who can apply for permanentcy next year and also has an uncle in the military who has been here for some time and is a citizen. However his mother and 2 junior brother are residing in cameroon. His elder brother just died 3 days ago leaving behind 2 orphaned children. the mother has left them long ago, the see her in church but have grown only with there father and have never been left alone with her or even call her mom they are 7 and 9 i believe so. there is also a cousin of his we have already planned to adopt and bring here as she is 15 now and has been an orphan for the last 10 years. he has had much death in him family in the last few years and as a result there are many orphaned children. and now with the stress of the loss of his eldest brother and the loss of his income to help his mother and children the outlook is not so pleasant. what is the best way to go about getting loved ones with us here in the u.s. i know he has not been given his visa and is not here yet but i need to start gathering documents as we are all living abroad....

No experience in this matter. Just a suggestion. Your Husband (Beneficiary) has been through lot of pain. His Income has no bearing on your Petition. That requirement is of that of the Petitioner (You). Did you apply for him alone or add dependents on the Petition? I would focus on his Visa since you have a interview soon and Petition others later. (Unless you included them in the Petition, you can't add additional dependents to your currant Petition) Get his Visa first. If you did not petition other dependents with your Original then it is separate and requires new paperwork and fees for those dependants.

Just a guess.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The children MUST be orphans. As the mother is living (but out of the picture) I don't believe they are eligible. The cousin should be as you said she's an orphan. I suggest you speak with an immigration lawyer to help you with that. It might be best for you to go live in Cameroon.

Timeline

No experience in this matter. Just a suggestion. Your Husband (Beneficiary) has been through lot of pain. His Income has no bearing on your Petition. That requirement is of that of the Petitioner (You). Did you apply for him alone or add dependents on the Petition? I would focus on his Visa since you have a interview soon and Petition others later. (Unless you included them in the Petition, you can't add additional dependents to your currant Petition) Get his Visa first. If you did not petition other dependents with your Original then it is separate and requires new paperwork and fees for those dependants.

Just a guess.

My father is a cosponsor for us. however i currently meet the guidelines and my husband plans to work immediately he gets SSN. i have a good feeling abou tfinding him work as i have a lot of good conections i my town i have lived here most my life. After he gets here and has obtained a job if i petition cant i include his income in our household income if i petetion for the orphan? Also we plan to adopt her before petitioning will they help in the process since she is his cousin and is usally impossible to petition for such relatives?

The children MUST be orphans. As the mother is living (but out of the picture) I don't believe they are eligible. The cousin should be as you said she's an orphan. I suggest you speak with an immigration lawyer to help you with that. It might be best for you to go live in Cameroon.

if she agrees to legal documents giving up her rights to them as she has never cared for them and they do not know her more than a stranger and my husband and or i adopt them cant we petition?

Timeline

My father is a cosponsor for us. however i currently meet the guidelines and my husband plans to work immediately he gets SSN. i have a good feeling abou tfinding him work as i have a lot of good conections i my town i have lived here most my life. After he gets here and has obtained a job if i petition cant i include his income in our household income if i petetion for the orphan? Also we plan to adopt her before petitioning will they help in the process since she is his cousin and is usally impossible to petition for such relatives?

if she agrees to legal documents giving up her rights to them as she has never cared for them and they do not know her more than a stranger and my husband and or i adopt them cant we petition?

As for his mother and younger brothers who are both over 18 is there a way for me to petition for them? Or is the only option for my husband to wait until he is a citizen, his brother petition once he is a citizen or his uncle can petition for any or some of them?

All suggestions are welcome but experienced help is preferd as we have found ourselves in an emercency situation.

My husband is from cameroon, he is in germany awaiting his visa interview. He is in germany now with a student visa.

He has one brother here in the U.S, whom can apply for permanentcy next year, and an uncle in the military who is a citizen.

However his mother and 2 junior brother are residing in cameroon. His elder brother just died 3 days ago leaving behind 2 orphaned children,the mother left them long ago, they see her in church but have grown-up only with their father. They have never been left alone with her or even call her mom; they are 7 and 9 of age.

Also, there is a cousin of his we have already planned to adopt and bring here as she is 15 now and has been an orphan for the last 10 years. He has had many deaths in his family in the last few years and as a result there are many orphaned children.

Now with the stress of the loss of his eldest brother and the loss of his income to help his mother and children the outlook is not so pleasant. What is the best way to go about getting loved ones with us here in the U.S. I know he has not been given his visa and is not here yet but I need to start gathering documents as we are all living abroad....

Now, after midly making some minor corrections, it seems that all of your content was just informational. The only part of this situation that you'll will have any control will be the process of trying to attain a visa for your husband. You'll will have a long process in adopting the cousin, you'll would have needed to have adopted the cousin in her home ountry and you'll would have needed to lived as a family 2 years in her home country pior applying for migration to the US. The guidelines forv adopting a family member is different than the adopting of non-family member. Advise, first seek advise of a lawyer before you'll go any father with this thought process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The Uncle in the Military, the USCitizen - explain his relationship-linkage with the children ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's possible, but it's not easy. There are a lot of people who would sign their kids over to USC's just to give them the change to immigrate to the US.

Here is the USCIS page on adoption: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=8d5e901bf9873210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8d5e901bf9873210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Cameroon is a non-Hague country so this is the process relating to you: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=474fb881905b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=474fb881905b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

The husband can only petition his brothers after he has attained USC. The wait for is a 10 wait after citizenship has been attained. Forget, about trying to adopt the brothers children, the mother is still a living relative. It doesn't matter that she is a bad mother, maybe now she can change and step up to the plate, since the father is no longer in the picture.

Timeline

The Uncle in the Military, the USCitizen - explain his relationship-linkage with the children ?

he is the brother of my husbands deceased father so he is my husbands uncle therefor thegreat uncle of the 2 smallest children and the other child is the daughter of the deceased sister of my husbands mother so i suppose no blood relation?

Timeline

The husband can only petition his brothers after he has attained USC. The wait for is a 10 wait after citizenship has been attained. Forget, about trying to adopt the brothers children, the mother is still a living relative. It doesn't matter that she is a bad mother, maybe now she can change and step up to the plate, since the father is no longer in the picture.

So i can't petition for them? As far as the children go...i will do whatever i can to keep them with us. We are all they know! i myself am adopted and I know what it feels like to loose everything you have ever known i would never do that to them. Afterall, what we will all do get cozt in the US while the children are left to a mom they never knew with her new husband and new children of the other life they have been living while these kids have been left after their fathers death i dont think so!

So i can't petition for them? As far as the children go...i will do whatever i can to keep them with us. We are all they know! i myself am adopted and I know what it feels like to loose everything you have ever known i would never do that to them. Afterall, what we will all do get cozt in the US while the children are left to a mom they never knew with her new husband and new children of the other life they have been living while these kids have been left after their fathers death i dont think so!

Sorry, no you cannot petition for them. If you want to be in the children's life then you and your husband need to make plans to live in Cameroon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow a lot of planned family migration.

The 15 yo would be 16 before you could get an adoption approved that meet immgiration standard and that makes her too old to adopt for immigration purposes.

The mother , it seems your husband will be the first one eligble to be a USC so in about 4 years ( petition time/ interview /+3 years as LPR) He can then petition his mother and she can come about a year after that ( 5 years from now) at that time she could petition for minor children and and UNMARRIED adult children , the minor children are fairly quick the unmarried adult children are about 8 years of waiting. The little ones as others have told you are harder because they have a living parent and it is so common for relative to sign over children in attempts to avoid immigration laws. You may be able to get it done but you will want to proceed with the help of a lawyer that knows this type of adoption and can tell you exactly how NOT to make mistakes especially when it comes to the living with the child for 2 years ( both of you ) . It will not be cheap or easy. That being said , with the money you would have to lay out to make all that possible you could probably arrange for a very comfortable living in Cameroon. I know this is true of Nigeria

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.