Mike&Cherry

We're APPROVED for K-1 Visa. Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well on Wednesday November 23, 2011, My Fiance was approved for the K-1 Fiance Visa. Thanks to God. She said that the interview was quick and easy. She arrived at the Embassy at 5:30am and left by 10am. They asked her basic questions like, Name of Petitioner, How and when did you meet, when did your fiance visit you last, what is his job, and why are you getting married? And that was it. She brought all types of relationship evidence and all they looked at was a couple of pictures. But it is advised to always bring as much evidence as you can just in case. Also I think that they look at your case in advance and that the Pre-screener makes the decision and the Consulate Officer just confirms or double checks it. Right when my Fiance went to the CO's window for the main interview the Pink Approval Slip was already stapled to her file. Make sure you do good on the first interviewer and of course then the CO. I originally sent in a perfect petition with all of the required things and relationship evidence, plus a little extra. No RFE's. But I tried to only add strong evidence with secondary evidence to back up the main evidence. We are both so happy that we have finally made it through the most important part of getting the K-1 Visa Approved. Next important steps are to book the flight once she has the visa in hand, get married within 90 days of her arrival to the US and the Adjustment of status I-485.

My advice to those who are still waiting is try to be patient, don't obsess by checking online every day/week for NOA2 approval, Reasearch, reasearch and then when you think you've done enough research then do a little more and make sure that you quadruple check everything before you send in the original petition. Then sit back and wait. And if you don't have a job, well go out and get one so you don't sit at home all day impatiently waiting for the NOA2. Staying busy will make the time fly by.

I want to wish those who are waiting and those who are completed the best and that you are able to be with your Significant Other's together forever so that all of your dreams will come true. Stay strong because that's all you can really do. Thanks and Take Care.

Mike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance: congratulations and thanks for the words of wisdom. :star:

AOS Timeline
Filed 15th June, 2012
NOA date 18th June
Bio appt 20th July
Transferred to CSC 21st July, 2012
EAD/AP approved 27th August.
Received Green Card 6th October. No Interview. Amazing!
Thanks for all the help, see you again in June 2014

ROC Timeline

Mailed Package 30th June 2014

I-797 received 5th July, 2014

Biometrics Appointment 07/30/2014.

Wow! Congratulations... You made it.. :)

event.png
Our I-129F Journey

7/1/2011.. NOA1 receipt date
7/9/2011.. NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved
11/14/2011.. Approved NOA2 recieved via email/text
11/22/2011.. NVC forwarded Approved I-129F Petition to US Embassy Philippine
11/29/2011.. US Embassy in Manila Recieved our Petition
1/20/2012.. Medical Exam (Passed)
2/28/2012.. Interview! Approved!
3/1/12... CFO counseling Done!
3/7/12.. Visa on hand
3/10/12... POE @ Honolulu, HI.. Yeheeeeeey!
3/31/12... Wedding <3 <3 <3
Adjustment of Status Journey
4/24/12... AOS Mailed
4/30/12... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of AOS & EAD receipt
5/7/12... AOS/EAD NOA1 Hard Copy Received
6/11/12... Biometrics Appointment
6/22/12... 2nd Biometrics appointment scheduled 7/17/12 but walked in in an early date.
6/27/12... Text/Email Received (Card Production for EAD)
7/7/12... EAD Card Received! smile.png Yeheeeeey!

8/13/12... Interview (Approved) email/text received I-485 on card production! smile.png
8/21/12... Green Card on Hand! Yeheeey! Thank God!

Stepson I-130 Petition

12/27/13... Mailed I-130 to Phoenix lockbox via USPS Express Mail

12/31/13... NOA1 Priority Date

1/6/14... Email/Text received for acknowledgement of receipt. LIN****** case number assigned & routed to Nebraska Service Center

1/11/14.. NOA1 Hard copy received

1/17/14... Petition approved! Notification received via email/text (Thank God. 17 days only)/Approved petition mailed to Department of State! Notification via text/email

1/23/14... NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

NVC Stage

1/29/14... NVC received approved petition

3/7/14... Case Number Assigned (MNL**********)

3/11/14... Received AOS bill & Paid AOS/ Submitted DS-261

3/17/14... Mailed AOS Package

3/18/14... Forgot to Sign the I-864A, mailed another form with my signature affixed on I-864A

3/25/14... Recieved/Paid IV fee (Mailed DS-260 additional requirements)

3/27/14... Submitted DS-260 Online

Waiting.... Hopefully no Checklist. :)

4/24/14... Case Complete

6/23/14... Interview date! Huraaaay! APPROVED! More Hurray! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 Process to K1 Progress Update forum *****

Congrats!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Congratulations!!! :dance:

**Removal of conditions**

10/01/2014 Package sent to California Service Center

10/03/2014 NOA1

10/10/2014 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter, Biometrics scheduled for 10/30/14

10/22/2014 Early Biometrics Walk-in - Cleveland, OH - weird experience with the clerk there - told me I can go ahead and get my biometrics taken early, but it might be too early and it might not go through??? If it might be a problem, then why let me do it at all?

02/10/2015 New Biometrics letter received, Biometrics scheduled for 03/09/15- I guess that clerk was right??

03/09/2015 Second biometrics

..waiting..

5/15/2015 Put in a service request online - outside of processing time

5/18/2015 Approved!

5/23/2015 Card in hand

Well on Wednesday November 23, 2011, My Fiance was approved for the K-1 Fiance Visa. Thanks to God. She said that the interview was quick and easy. She arrived at the Embassy at 5:30am and left by 10am. They asked her basic questions like, Name of Petitioner, How and when did you meet, when did your fiance visit you last, what is his job, and why are you getting married? And that was it. She brought all types of relationship evidence and all they looked at was a couple of pictures. But it is advised to always bring as much evidence as you can just in case. Also I think that they look at your case in advance and that the Pre-screener makes the decision and the Consulate Officer just confirms or double checks it. Right when my Fiance went to the CO's window for the main interview the Pink Approval Slip was already stapled to her file. Make sure you do good on the first interviewer and of course then the CO. I originally sent in a perfect petition with all of the required things and relationship evidence, plus a little extra. No RFE's. But I tried to only add strong evidence with secondary evidence to back up the main evidence. We are both so happy that we have finally made it through the most important part of getting the K-1 Visa Approved. Next important steps are to book the flight once she has the visa in hand, get married within 90 days of her arrival to the US and the Adjustment of status I-485.

My advice to those who are still waiting is try to be patient, don't obsess by checking online every day/week for NOA2 approval, Reasearch, reasearch and then when you think you've done enough research then do a little more and make sure that you quadruple check everything before you send in the original petition. Then sit back and wait. And if you don't have a job, well go out and get one so you don't sit at home all day impatiently waiting for the NOA2. Staying busy will make the time fly by.

I want to wish those who are waiting and those who are completed the best and that you are able to be with your Significant Other's together forever so that all of your dreams will come true. Stay strong because that's all you can really do. Thanks and Take Care.

Mike

Congrats...good.gif

CONGRATS very happy for u

my Fiance has her interview tomorrow morning and I am praying all goes well every thing else

so far has gone very well

I'm beaming her positive thought...smile.gif. Good luck!

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Congratulations! :dance:

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.