DEVANandTINTIN

Honeymoon Travel

33 posts in this topic

i've been wondering about puerto rico and the u.s. virgin islands...i know they are u.s. territories, but didn't know how that would work exactly...

While they are US Territories, they are also considered POE and you are required to show passport or GC to come back. So stay away. Same applies to St. Thomas and St. Croix, and Guam

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Everything I've seen so far indicates that if you leave the United States, you will have major problems getting back in. Even the US territories can get a little hairy. So best plan your honeymoon around that issue. A cruise will likely complicate matters. Maybe you and your bride-to-be can vacation somewhere in the US? Like another poster said, it's a big country with a lot to see. And there's nothing stopping you guys from taking a few days with a simple honeymoon inside the US then saving up money for after she gets AP or her green card and doing the cruise then.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

after you get your green card, then take another honey moon,this time on a cruise,to where ever you want to go,and no worries,about returning to the united states,

I am considering taking a cruise for our honeymoon. I have had people tell me both sides that we can, and can not travel outside the US once married. I know that we can apply for travel parole but who knows how long that process takes. I have also had a few people tell me she is free to leave/return to the US with me (such as honeymoon) as long as we have not changed her AOS until after out honeymoon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Yes, my fiance and I have same plan with yours. But, instead dreaming about cruise ship by now, I have my own issue regarding after I entered POE by K-1 Visa in Guam. Someone told me that IF I am flying to Hawaii or US mainland and make a stop in Japan for transit, I'll consider out from US.crying.gif. I guess we just need to wait for a while after AP accepted and we can fly to any country we wanted.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

While they are US Territories, they are also considered POE and you are required to show passport or GC to come back. So stay away. Same applies to St. Thomas and St. Croix, and Guam

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif. It breaks my heart to know that!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif. It breaks my heart to know that!

Just wait for AP and go anywhere you want to.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do not leave the country untill you have an AP, go on cruise in Hawaii, see Norweign Cruse Lines, very nice,.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I am considering taking a cruise for our honeymoon. I have had people tell me both sides that we can, and can not travel outside the US once married. I know that we can apply for travel parole but who knows how long that process takes. I have also had a few people tell me she is free to leave/return to the US with me (such as honeymoon) as long as we have not changed her AOS until after out honeymoon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

You can travel just don't get off the ship. cos they may not let you board back on.

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

How long does advance parole take to process?

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Would Puerto Rico work for a honeymoon in a case like this? As it's technically US territory, one wouldn't need to exit the US.

(I think it would be a bit more exotic than the other states, or an alternative for Hawaii).

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Our honeymoon plans.....stay right where I a have waited forever it seems to get to. With my Honeybun. Don't want to venture further than our home. Getting reacquainted again after being away for a few months. I just don't want or need to go anywhere for awhile... :devil::rofl::dance:

Terri

Edited by at long last

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, my fiance and I have same plan with yours. But, instead dreaming about cruise ship by now, I have my own issue regarding after I entered POE by K-1 Visa in Guam. Someone told me that IF I am flying to Hawaii or US mainland and make a stop in Japan for transit, I'll consider out from US.crying.gif. I guess we just need to wait for a while after AP accepted and we can fly to any country we wanted.

Landing in Guam, Japan, or any other place is fine as long as you do not leave the airport specifically the parts of the airport you will be using. It will be VERY EASY to know if you are leaving the airport as there will be an immigration station and you will need a VISA to go through this area. Changing planes is not a problem. Layovers of 3, 6 or even 12 hours are not a problem. These airports have restaurants, and even have little traveler hotels where you can get a shower and nap on a real bed for a reasonable fee, reasonable being relative. Plan to spend $2.00 USD+ for a coke and $10.00 USD for a simple something to eat in this area. You are a captured customer with limited choices and prices reflect this.

And just so you do not panic, be aware that when you get off the plane and transfer, there is a transfer inspection. In many airports they will x-ray your carry on baggage and make you go through a metal detector again when you get off the plane before you can make it to the gate for your next flight. They will also ask to see your passport and boarding pass for your next flight. Relax, this is fine.

Thousands of people do this every day. They actually work hard to make it easy to travel.

** Just so you have something to look forward to - A cool thing to do in Japan on the MNL-NRT-USA routes is to have a 8-14 hour layover and take the train into Tokyo for the day. When you have your citizenship it is a fun way to spend the day.

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our honeymoon plans.....stay right where I a have waited forever it seems to get to. With my Honeybun. Don't want to venture further than our home. Getting reacquainted again after being away for a few months. I just don't want or need to go anywhere for awhile... :devil::rofl::dance:

Terri

This is my plan: I want to show my Fiancee her new country. I want to take a road trip so she can see the country. We will stop at the various places along the way. I want her to know my country... and now hers. I have been to her country many times and traveled there more extensively than she has. I want her new home and learn about our people and history.

San Francisco, Napa, Yosemite, Seattle, Glacier, Yellowstone, Canyonlands / Moab, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Los Angeles - Maybe a three week tour of the west.

When she has her green card - PARIS!

--------------------------------

Priorty Date: June 22, 2011

Interview Sept. 7, 2012

Visa in hand, Sept 15, 2012

You can travel just don't get off the ship. cos they may not let you board back on.

The problem isn't boarding back on but clearing US Customs again prior to them letting you off the ship at the final port. The only cruise I've been on, a Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral Florida, we had US Customs come on-board to clear ALL non-USC passengers prior to disembarkation. Reading up on it, they do that anytime a ship leaves US waters and does not have US registry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.