daaido

Irishman looking for right visa

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=74da83453d4a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=74da83453d4a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

I know that its not as clear cut as its made out to be in this link but if i find an employer to sponsor me this seem to me the most likely one to apply for? also could i still be denied my visa even if i get the job offer? some of the answerss im getting here make it seem not worth the risk...

If you can find an employer who is willing to sponsor you, then you got a chance. Whether you will get a work visa or not will depend on the visa the employer applies for, the Labor Certification that no US worker is available, and your qualifications.

Given your background and work in sales and marketing, it will be a challenge for you to get a work visa. It isn't impossible. You should go for it if you want. What we are trying to do here is to help you based on our knowledge of how the system works. What you want is not as easy as you might have initially thought it might be. IMHO, it's best to get the harsh truth now rather than give you the rosy scenario that will lead to disappointment.

Go for the gold - come to the US and find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. Be realistic about how complicated this process can be so you can better prepare the application for a visa.

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you can find an employer who is willing to sponsor you, then you got a chance. Whether you will get a work visa or not will depend on the visa the employer applies for, the Labor Certification that no US worker is available, and your qualifications.

Given your background and work in sales and marketing, it will be a challenge for you to get a work visa. It isn't impossible. You should go for it if you want. What we are trying to do here is to help you based on our knowledge of how the system works. What you want is not as easy as you might have initially thought it might be. IMHO, it's best to get the harsh truth now rather than give you the rosy scenario that will lead to disappointment.

Go for the gold - come to the US and find an employer who is willing to sponsor you. Be realistic about how complicated this process can be so you can better prepare the application for a visa.

thanks have a long raod ahead cheers for the advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

not just yet. :lol: so would a H-2b be more appropriate or are the issues as impossible to overcome?

We can go around in circles, but from what you have said your best other option is the Green Card Lottery.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I would ,see if you like it and how your relationship continues. But play by the rules because later if you decide you want to stay. It will be much harder with a overstay

Can't work on the VWP but read some of the guides on looking . I'm no expert

No you can't even look for work while on the VWP.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

It's fine for you to search for a job while here on the VWP.

Not really.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What ever you decide to do do it legal, do it right.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Is it possible to apply for the H-1B visa while on a travel visa?

Read some more about - it is your future employer that applies for it, or rather his lawyer. Takes a while, finding employer will to apply for H-1B takes a while too... Assuming you occupation qualifies for H-1B at all...

Filed: Timeline

Please point out the law that says a VWP visitor cannot look for a job? Looking for a job is not the same as working.

Follow up. From the US Embassy in Australia:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/e3visa/apply_search.html

Can I travel to the United States on the Visa Waiver Program to find a job or attend interviews and then apply for the E-3 visa once I return to Australia?

Yes, you can travel on the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) if you meet the requirements (please see our page on the Visa Waiver Program). If you do not meet the VWP requirements, you may be eligible to travel on the B-1/B-2 Combined Visa for Business or Pleasure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you want to come, live, and work in the US with your sweetheart then you really ought to look at the marriage visa. Everything else seems outside the available paths for you.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

When I was dating an Australian, he looked for companies willing to sponsor him for a H1B/work visa. College educated with 10 years experience. NO company wanted to sponsor him.

Get married. In reality, you have little other choice.

How old are you? If you're under 35, you may want to try J-1 visa for internship for 12-18 months (mostly working in hotels), if you don't think you are that Extraordinary to get an H-1B. Try to find Work & Travel and Interernship agents in your country. Good Luck.

Try reading this article http://dublin.usembassy.gov/general/twelve-month-intern-work-and-travel-pilot-program.html

Edited by polar1979

Well, just want to add a quick real-life example here, the wife of my husband's cousin is from China, she came here on a J-1 visa for an internship program with a university in MI, and now they're married and filing for AOS. Just saying that it can really be done, even you can't immigrate right away, but it will give you more time to decide if you want to get married or not.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you want to get a work visa I'd suggest looking into Irish bars. My husband works at one, and there are people there on H1-Bs. I have no idea how they got visas for just working in a bar, but the Irish seem to know how to get it done.

The problem then is that you have to stay with that company unless you can find another place to sponsor you, or until you get married and adjust status based on that.

As for places where employment prospects are good, the Washington D.C. area is still strong. And we have a ton of Irish bars here.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am looking to get to the US with my partner. She is an American citizen and is moving home because well in her words America is better. I have some college education and have 4 years Management experience in sales and marketing. What would be the best visa for me to apply for? would really appreciate help on this one.

If you can provide strong ties between Ireland and USA, then file for tourist visa to get her to know more.

Edited by teapotgurl1983

Happy New Year!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.