daaido

Irishman looking for right visa

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am looking to get to the US with my partner. She is an American citizen and is moving home because well in her words America is better. I have some college education and have 4 years Management experience in sales and marketing. What would be the best visa for me to apply for? would really appreciate help on this one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I am looking to get to the US with my partner. She is an American citizen and is moving home because well in her words America is better. I have some college education and have 4 years Management experience in sales and marketing. What would be the best visa for me to apply for? would really appreciate help on this one.

If you think about getting married - K-1. If not, then you can try H-1B but it is quite difficult to get. No "partner" visa...

You have the option of moving here only if your intentions are to get married, either K1 (fiance visa) or CR1(spousal visa).

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Then see if there is an employer willing to sponsor you for a work visa

Or a student visa

What sort of visa are you looking for?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Is there no other way? don't want to go down to marriage route just yet.

Understand if you apply for work visa or holiday visa and get denied. You will no longer be eligible for the VWP. Right now you can travel over and stay twice a year for 90 days. Get turned down and you lose that right. Travel over and visit for 90. Then decide a course of action JMO

Edited by Guinness

Timeline

Understand if you apply for work visa or holiday visa and get denied. You will no longer be eligible for theVMP. Right now you can travel over and stay twice a year for 90 days. Get turned down and you lose that right. Travel over and visit for 90. Then decide a course of action JMO

so best option you think would be to visit for 90 days and try find employment while there?

Timeline

so best option you think would be to visit for 90 days and try find employment while there?

I would ,see if you like it and how your relationship continues. But play by the rules because later if you decide you want to stay. It will be much harder with a overstay

Can't work on the VWP but read some of the guides on looking . I'm no expert

Edited by Guinness

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Is there no other way? don't want to go down to marriage route just yet.

what kind of PARTNER is this, if you won't want to commit.. ?! :rofl: maybe you should have used "person i know" :dance:

are you going to go where the work is.. or where the "partner" is..?

jobs are tough to find at the moment.. what part of the country are you planning on looking . maybe VJr can give you insight to the job market..

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

I would ,see if you like it and how your relationship continues. But play by the rules because later if you decide you want to stay. It will be much harder with a overstay

cheers. relationship hopefully continues but the my main reason for moving is lack of work in Ireland. I have a job currently but i can see the trouble coming on the horizon. Is it possible to apply for the H-1B visa while on a travel visa?

Timeline

what kind of PARTNER is this, if you won't want to commit.. ?! :rofl: maybe you should have used "person i know" :dance:

are you going to go where the work is.. or where the "partner" is..?

jobs are tough to find at the moment.. what part of the country are you planning on looking . maybe VJr can give you insight to the job market..

different sex partners lol. Ohio/Indiana is where i was thinking. i have a lot of friends in this area through my years of playing american football.

Timeline

cheers. relationship hopefully continues but the my main reason for moving is lack of work in Ireland. I have a job currently but i can see the trouble coming on the horizon. Is it possible to apply for the H-1B visa while on a travel visa?

Not sure others can help on that. I'm the USC just finished our k1visa she arrived here yesterday ;-). Things not looking good in IRE just left on Oct 4 myself

Timeline

Not sure others can help on that. I'm the USC just finished our k1visa she arrived here yesterday ;-). Things not looking good in IRE just left on Oct 4 myself

Ireland not looking good at all. There are a lot of American companies i think going to pull out of Ireland soon. Greece about to default on bailout repayments, another mainland bank in Europe gets bailed out again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.