Danya1

K1 visa denied

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello all my fiance was denied visa today at the Nairobi, Kenya consulate reason given -Marriage for immigration purposes only and they also stated that case was going to be sent back to approved DHS office.

I have been with my finace since 2009 i have been there every year except for this year when i took on a new job . I m so down and confused I dont know what to do I have sent the embassy an email to review our case and im going to try calling them this morning can somebody help me out today I contacted my congress man area representative and was emailed a form to fill out giving them permission to realese our information to them. Our case actually expires October 6 is it too late our relationship is legit and we did not put any fradaulent papers whatsoever.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello all my fiance was denied visa today at the Nairobi, Kenya consulate reason given -Marriage for immigration purposes only and they also stated that case was going to be sent back to approved DHS office.

I have been with my finace since 2009 i have been there every year except for this year when i took on a new job . I m so down and confused I dont know what to do I have sent the embassy an email to review our case and im going to try calling them this morning can somebody help me out today I contacted my congress man area representative and was emailed a form to fill out giving them permission to realese our information to them. Our case actually expires October 6 is it too late our relationship is legit and we did not put any fradaulent papers whatsoever.

Sorry to hear that. Last year this time I was at the same situation like you. My fiancee’s K-1 visa application was denied and sent back to USCIS. USICS let it to expire and told me to file another petition. Since yours expires in almost 2 weeks, most probably you will end up filling another petition. You can file a second K-1 or you have the chance to marry him and file CR-1. I filed the second petition this year on March and my fiancée will be here in mid October. There is a chance.

Good Luck

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

well youre not married yet,and since its a woman petitioning for a man,i suggest getting married ( with every traditional ceremony there is ) and then filing for cr-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I guess that's what we gonna have to do it's so devastating and not fair what these people are doing I came to this country and focused well it blended me very well and for that I love it but for the people in Nairobi jeez dont even know what to say. 

well youre not married yet,and since its a woman petitioning for a man,i suggest getting married ( with every traditional ceremony there is ) and then filing for cr-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I guess that's what we gonna have to do it's so devastating and not fair what these people are doing I came to this country and focused well it blended me very well and for that I love it but for the people in Nairobi jeez dont even know what to say. 

That really sucks to hear. I have reading such stories on the forum and it's really terrifying to read this and what ppl go through..So stressful. If that happened to me, I honestly would be distraught and most likely move out of this country and go somewhere like Canada, where, theres's less red tape and government regulations .. they realize the importance of couples wanting to be together. USA is a great place, but, the burden DHS puts on innocent tax paying citizens wishing to marry their loved ones is totally unacceptable.

Edited by sucasa

I-129F Sent : 2011-07-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-07-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-29

NOA2 Approved: 2011-10-01

NOA2 Paper Recv: 2011-10-03

NVC Recv: 2011-10-17

NVC to Embassy Sent: 2011-10-19

Embassy Recv Packet: 2011-10-21

Packet 3.5 Recv'ed: 2011-11-03

Packet 3.5 Sent: 2011-11-05

Interview Date: 2011-12-19

K1 Issued 2012-01-13

POE 2012 -03-14

Marriage 2012-03-19

SSN Received 2012-04-09

Filing AOS 2012-04-11

Biometrics Completed 2012-05-17

EAD Card Received 2012-07-02

Green Card Interview 2012-08-02

Card in Hand 2012-08-14

DONE WITH K1!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I don't know what to say....I guess been denied its the worst fear for all of us, but you have to keep trying. Marry him and file for CR1. The worst thing you can do its give up. If you are really in love (Im sure you are), don't give up and keep moving foward. I'll pray for you guys. I hope you can work this out.

God bless you!

Edited by Andrea Diaz

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry to hear that... this process is soo deep...we get stress throught that...I don´t understand why it happened...what exactly they said to your fiance?! I gonna pray for you guys!!! ...I´m really sorry about it!!!

Edited by Mandyfonck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Getting married is not the solution. If they denied because "you are not married" then it would be. They can STILL deny after you are married, but you will still be married. You need more evidence of a genuine relationship than you had. Getting married does not fix that. You would need to get married AND show evidence of a legitimate relationship.

I would urge you to opt for a new K-1, which will be faster and do better preparation the next time. You don't need to get married, you NEED to have more evidence of a relationship. Returning for another try is evidence in itself.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

... likely move out of this country and go somewhere like Canada, where, theres's less red tape and government regulations .. they realize the importance of couples wanting to be together. USA is a great place, but, the burden DHS puts on innocent tax paying citizens wishing to marry their loved ones is totally unacceptable.

I'm no fan of the USCIS, believe me.

However, a friend of my mother's who is living in Canada waited two years to bring his wife from the Philippines, and there was nothing extraordinary about his case. There's plenty of red tape in Canada as well.

That really sucks to hear. I have reading such stories on the forum and it's really terrifying to read this and what ppl go through..So stressful. If that happened to me, I honestly would be distraught and most likely move out of this country and go somewhere like Canada, where, theres's less red tape and government regulations .. they realize the importance of couples wanting to be together. USA is a great place, but, the burden DHS puts on innocent tax paying citizens wishing to marry their loved ones is totally unacceptable.

LOL...

Just posted a thread about this. Canadan K-1 equivalent immigrant visa is currently running 21 months... best of luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would opt for new k1, have better evidence and current evidence, maybe an attorney?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

did.the.embassy.respond.to.your.request

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

LOL...

Just posted a thread about this. Canadan K-1 equivalent immigrant visa is currently running 21 months... best of luck.

Don't let USCIS read that or they will be changing their website processing times this morning!!! :whistle:

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

For those suggesting that they submit better evidence how do you know they havent done that already?How would applying for a new K-1 help if they have supplied all the evidence they have?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.