rgfox

Moral Support Needed!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Just to make you feel better , my family also goes all the way back through American history, mayflower , salem witch trails, the american revolution, the civil war ( even have read the original letters written by the solder to his wife ) and have worked for 30+ years at companies who are all about keeping America safe and I not only had to wait once, but got denied and had to wait twice. So much for the immigration process giving a cr-p about "Americans"

I don't want to pry, but would you mind telling me the circumstances of your denial and how you solved the problem? I only ask so that we may avoid the same.... thank you

Richard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just remember, the Cr-1 does not have a derivative visa for her son like the K-3 does. If you get your I-129F closed, like many have, then you'll have to file a separate petition for her son that will be months behind.

perhaps better to send the separate I130 for her son now?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Just remember, the Cr-1 does not have a derivative visa for her son like the K-3 does. If you get your I-129F closed, like many have, then you'll have to file a separate petition for her son that will be months behind.

perhaps better to send the separate I130 for her son now?

Good luck

Hi! Yes, I did read that on the USCIS website and filed an I-130 shortly for her minor son a few weeks after hers. If they do close the K-3, and convert the petition to a CR-1 (I may be using the wrong terminology, but you get my meaning) will I be faced with another huge mound of documentation to provide, or still just the I-864 on my side? I guess NVC will provide me with instructions, is that right? On her side, she has already collected her and son's birth certs, lack of criminal records from police, etc with translations that she will need to bring to the interview. I imagine those requirements will remain the same? I guess I should start reading about the CR-1 process now (oh joy!) :dance:

Thanks

Edited by rgfox

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293871-helpp/

Not sure if this helps but it discusses the same issue of spouse being derivitive of i130 but child having to "catch up" in the system.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Helen, not sure what the snippy, lecturing tone is about. My grandmother was not a whatever, her name was Priscilla Alden. I have travelled to Scotland and found the people quite nice; you are evidently an exception. The rules may be there to protect us, but the procedures are draconian, redundant, and executed inefficiently. Meanwhile thousands cross into our country every month with no permission whatsoever. Where is the greater risk?

Hopefully you and your whatever are having a nice time wherever it is that you are, doing whatever it is that you came here to do. Enjoy the fruits of my ancestors!

Yikes!

Apologies for the misinterpretation of my post! Shows you how easy it must be to do that when you read the written word.

No "snippy,lecturing tone". And I was quoting you when I said 'great great whatever'. Please re-read your original post.

I am sorry you read it as you did. No harm intended. I see you do not appreciate my sense of humor. I shall also presume you are stressed and tired of this process. We've all been there and we all understand. America is a country founded on immigration and so your post amused me a little because it should be easier in theory. But as you also state...illegal immigration is rife so the process is hard to protect its citizens. Your wife will get here, and I hope that that will be soon. When you think about the Mayflower no doubt you, as I, think about those people and the journey they endured. It will be easier than that! :)

Helen

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Yes, it was for K-3, I was following instructions on the USCIS website, this site, other sites, and the advice of immigration attorneys. As another poster said, if they are approved simultaneously it converts from K-3 to CR-1.

We did the same, I am a k3 January filer got my NOA2 in 5 and half months for I-130 and so the K1 has been administratively closed by NVC. It was me who gathered all the forms and documents and all my hubby did in US is send them..my hubby wanted to hire a lawyer at first but I insisted we can do it ourselves with the grace of God so yea!! tomorrow at 6:30AM I will have my interview at Manila Embassy

:) :) Hang on there and once you receive your NOA2 just be quick in dealing with NVC as once your papers hit them its now really depends on how fast and efficient you are in responding to the process. God bless you!!!! :) :)

Yikes!

Apologies for the misinterpretation of my post! Shows you how easy it must be to do that when you read the written word.

No "snippy,lecturing tone". And I was quoting you when I said 'great great whatever'. Please re-read your original post.

I am sorry you read it as you did. No harm intended. I see you do not appreciate my sense of humor. I shall also presume you are stressed and tired of this process. We've all been there and we all understand. America is a country founded on immigration and so your post amused me a little because it should be easier in theory. But as you also state...illegal immigration is rife so the process is hard to protect its citizens. Your wife will get here, and I hope that that will be soon. When you think about the Mayflower no doubt you, as I, think about those people and the journey they endured. It will be easier than that! :)

Helen

Thanks for clearing that up, Helen... I AM stressed and more than a little sensitive. My wife's father is her only living relative and he lives thousands of miles from her, and meanwhile her ex-husband is doing his very best to make her life hell and there is nothing I can do about it except try to support her emotionally and visit as often as I can and hope that she and her son can come here soon. Sorry for getting pissed off. Peace.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You filed an I-129F for your wife? you are going to need more than moral support :blink:

Ya isnt the I-129f for a fiance visa?? I might be wrong though but thats what i filed to get mine....besides, hang in there. It took me 5 months after filing my petition before i even heard a thing back from the USCIS, it will come soon enough just spend the time over preparing for everything. Its taken 8 months for my Visa to be approved and i am moving out there in october......

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The process is just ridiculously slow. I wish they were open to a rational honest discussion on how to triage applications. Example on K1 already background checked, fingerprinted and photo graphed. at AOS paper work should be looked at matched all there done. i am dreaming of course.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Ya isnt the I-129f for a fiance visa?? I might be wrong though but thats what i filed to get mine....besides, hang in there. It took me 5 months after filing my petition before i even heard a thing back from the USCIS, it will come soon enough just spend the time over preparing for everything. Its taken 8 months for my Visa to be approved and i am moving out there in october......

The I-129F is also filed for the K-3 visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but we are all going through the same thing. We waited for four months, wondering if our application is good enough. pondering about stuff we may have missed. But we took our time and got our NOA2 and we are approved without and RFE. Waiting sucks so bad but its only a blink of an eye compared to a lifetime together. Hang in there and be patient. Don't be surprised if you don't hear anything at all for a while. The time will come.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Helen, not sure what the snippy, lecturing tone is about. My grandmother was not a whatever, her name was Priscilla Alden. I have travelled to Scotland and found the people quite nice; you are evidently an exception. The rules may be there to protect us, but the procedures are draconian, redundant, and executed inefficiently. Meanwhile thousands cross into our country every month with no permission whatsoever. Where is the greater risk?

Hopefully you and your whatever are having a nice time wherever it is that you are, doing whatever it is that you came here to do. Enjoy the fruits of my ancestors!

The fact who your great-grand mother was is absolutely irrelevant. It does not entitle you to more rights or more freedoms than other USC. This is all. What matters is who you are right now. Just make sure that you have enough income for I134 and subsequent I864 and that all the documentation is done properly. Good luck!

The fact who your great-grand mother was is absolutely irrelevant. It does not entitle you to more rights or more freedoms than other USC. This is all. What matters is who you are right now. Just make sure that you have enough income for I134 and subsequent I864 and that all the documentation is done properly. Good luck!

Dear San Diego, I know that who my great-grandmother was does not matter today. It was simply part of my narrative. I don't think I have any more rights because of it, and I never claimed I did, as I am not a deluded idiot. I simply was naive and thought that any - ANY - USC would be able to marry a foreigner and bring him/her here pretty much right away. Little did I realize. Maybe you did not read through the posts in this thread; had you done so, you would have saved yourself a few minutes of precious time as a couple of others have already made the same point you did. Seems a few people like yourself got a little bent out of shape when I mentioned my blue-blood credentials. That you may perhaps feel inferior because of it is a problem in your own narrative, not mine. Others perceived that this was not a boast, just my own story.

I have a fat bank account, no probs there. Thanks for your concern.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dear San Diego, I know that who my great-grandmother was does not matter today. It was simply part of my narrative. I don't think I have any more rights because of it, and I never claimed I did, as I am not a deluded idiot. I simply was naive and thought that any - ANY - USC would be able to marry a foreigner and bring him/her here pretty much right away. Little did I realize. Maybe you did not read through the posts in this thread; had you done so, you would have saved yourself a few minutes of precious time as a couple of others have already made the same point you did. Seems a few people like yourself got a little bent out of shape when I mentioned my blue-blood credentials. That you may perhaps feel inferior because of it is a problem in your own narrative, not mine. Others perceived that this was not a boast, just my own story.

I have a fat bank account, no probs there. Thanks for your concern.

Personally, I feel that only individuals that have not achieved anything in their own careers/lives that keep mentioning their heritage and "blue blood". Just makes me lough every time. All of us have rights and privileges. However, #1 goal of USCIS and DHS is to protect USC from terrorism and illegal immigration. Immigration is a privilege, not the right. For the same token, this is a privilege to grant admission of the foreign wife. If you decide to marry abroad then be ready to jump through the hoops. On this site we will all help you as much as we can. In fact, this site is a wonderful resource and people are ready to help. What people don't like on this site is whining and sense of entitlement. I feel that USCIS and Consular staff in Moscow were extremely happy. I am grateful for their work and efforts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.