rgfox

Moral Support Needed!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

LET ME TELL YOU THIS MISTER :blush: !!

MAYFLOWER: the ship was Class and type: Dutch cargo fluyt

So, since I'm Dutch, and it had connection with this Mayflower ship, do I deserve to become an American right now and be treated more fair and faster than anyone else? :pop:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's actually rather simple and stressfree. If you read all the instructions here on VJ, ask questions to make sure you do it right, send in everything that was requested and then sit back and wait... expecting that it will take about a year, there is no stress. I just don't understand all the posts about how stressful this process is, etc. Why? If you just accept the fact that it takes about a year and you do it right most likely your spouse or fiance will be here in a year or less.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So, since I'm Dutch, and it had connection with this Mayflower ship, do I deserve to become an American right now and be treated more fair and faster than anyone else? :pop:

You got me! You're right! Tell this to USCIS and get at least AOS expedited!! LOL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You got me! You're right! Tell this to USCIS and get at least AOS expedited!! LOL

OH YEAH :dance: !!! Now we're talking!! I'm asking for them to expedite our case right NOW!! I bet we'll get approved within a month, life is way too good right now!!

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OH YEAH :dance: !!! Now we're talking!! I'm asking for them to expedite our case right NOW!! I bet we'll get approved within a month, life is way too good right now!!

You should get automatic Citizenship LOL. Not a temp GC!

BTW, now days it is pretty fast. We got ours within 2.5 months! Good luck!

Filed: Other Timeline

If I am elected President, yes!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

What about Native Americans? They should be treated more than American and get their foreign Spouse's Visa approved within a day of receiving. :thumbs:

AND! then since Native Americans are considered to have migrated :dance: across the Bering Strait into North America from Siberia Asia.

This would then mean Asians are more American than others.... so Asians should be "treated" "more American!" :D and thus should get their Foreign spouse's Visa approved over the phone. :lol:

Edited by VisaJourney2011

all,

I know people can get out of shape, with the whole "im American #######" and I know the OP didn't mean to insult anyone. as most know as in a recent post, America was built by immigration, unless you were part of that original tribe (can't think of the name for the life of me) then somewhere down the line in your family, was an immigrant.

Jen.

If memory serves, the name of the orginal native tribe here in North America was "Humber humber bo bumber bananafanafo fumber me my mo mumber .... humber"

Love ya Canadians! You're practically honorary Americans!

(just joking folks!)

Going to see my baby in 10 days for 2 weeks! Yeah!

post-108521-0-62796200-1315948810_thumb.jpg

Edited by rgfox

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, it was for K-3, I was following instructions on the USCIS website, this site, other sites, and the advice of immigration attorneys. As another poster said, if they are approved simultaneously it converts from K-3 to CR-1.

Man, if all goes right, you'll be on track for an IR-1 in about 4-5 months (by filing for a K-3 you just went through more paperwork up front, but it converges with IR-1 later in process), and then a couple months more and she'll get the IR-1. My husband is just as devout an American who used to believe that your USC status makes your wife a USC automatically no papers involved. Until we started the process. So believe me, you'll do just fine. My hubby and I have been separated for 2 years due to your government's requirement for some exchange students to spend 2 years at home after studying on an American gov't scholarship before they can get an immigrant visa. It is hard. And his USC status meant apparently nothing when our request for waiver got denied. You guys apparently don't have to go through that. So you guys should be fine, don't worry :yes:

Man, if all goes right, you'll be on track for an IR-1 in about 4-5 months (by filing for a K-3 you just went through more paperwork up front, but it converges with IR-1 later in process), and then a couple months more and she'll get the IR-1. My husband is just as devout an American who used to believe that your USC status makes your wife a USC automatically no papers involved. Until we started the process. So believe me, you'll do just fine. My hubby and I have been separated for 2 years due to your government's requirement for some exchange students to spend 2 years at home after studying on an American gov't scholarship before they can get an immigrant visa. It is hard. And his USC status meant apparently nothing when our request for waiver got denied. You guys apparently don't have to go through that. So you guys should be fine, don't worry :yes:

Oh my god, what a raw deal! Separated 2 years, and denied a waiver of the 2 year requirement even when you are married? That sucks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What news of the world, today?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

In the same boat, I work for the government and even had our state office write a letter to the embassy, no criminal records, pay taxes, no tickets even a pull over, lived in same home eight years, same job eight years.... I could go on but they still said NO, really they calling it an administrative review, it's a sad mess overseas in the embassies!! Poor treatment !! Being ongoing since applying in 09, and now 2012 is here!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.