Mathilda

deportation policy shift starting

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Back to work so take your cheap shots little one. You do your best when others are not looking

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Timeline

I agree the douchebag and a scumbag is a little overboard, but I think she got a frustrated and lost it. I understand people can get passionate about trying to make a point, but deleting her profile would be pretty harsh punishment.

He's not talking about her . I have no issue with her just the other coward

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Mods, please lock this useless thread.

:thumbs:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

Well I have to work somebody put a muzzle on The little one please while I'm gone

Timeline

I agree with you 100%. I honestly don't think Mathilda posted this to piss everyone off...I really don't think that was her intention. And I usually stay completely away from negative threads like this because it's does Visa Journey no good and reaps no benefits at all...but I will say this much: the post made by "MHTA" about Ironman being a douchebag and a scumbag was completely and totally uncalled for.

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

:ot2: here's a link to the memo http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-communities/pdf/prosecutorial-discretion-memo.pdf

as you can see the date is from June 17. So the only "new" thing is that this discretionary review will be applied to deportation cases already in process. And remember any immigrant (even in exeptional cases naturalized citizens) can be put under deportation proceedings. So there's every sort of case including long time permanent residents, asylum seekers, overstayed visas, people rejected for adjustment of status that as we know leads to being put in deportation proceedings.

Anyway without getting political, the policy is about reviewing cases as gray rather than black and white. so instead of a huge backlog of 300 thousand cases that go on for years, rather saying these are the worst (criminals, repeat overstayers or border crossers, possible terrorists) let's process their cases first and setting aside those that except for being undocumented are not a threat. Very important - those cases set aside DO NOT end, they are closed FOR NOW and can be reopened at any time. The person's immigration status does not change - some may be eligible to APPLY for a work permit but that's not guaranteed. So they won't be getting green cards or be able to apply for citizenship, etc.

Of course there's the whole political side of it, why is it being done now (cuz of elections) who is it meant to appease (immigration reform activists) etc... but that's a whole other thread that sadly still can't seem to happen in a civilized way :unsure:

Our visa journey:

07/18/11 :: Day 000 Package received at Chicago Lockbox

07/20/11 :: Day 002 Received email/text message notification

07/26/11 :: Day 008 Received Hard Copy NOA1 (I-485 & I-765)

08/12/11 :: Day 025 Received Biometrics Appointment

08/19/11 :: Day 032 Biometrics appointment 11am

09/13/11 :: Day 057 EAD Card Production Ordered

09/19/11 :: Day 063 EAD Card Sent

09/22/11 :: Day 065 USPS left notice couldn't deliver EAD (at old address)

10/07/11 :: Day 081 Appointment letter sent

10/11/11 :: Day 085 Appointment letter received (at new address)

10/13/11 :: Day 087 Congressman's office got tracking number of EAD

10/21/11 :: Day 101 EAD sent back to USCIS

10/25/11 :: Day 105 EAD resent (current address)

10/27/11 :: Day 107 EAD Card Received

11/16/11 :: Day 121 Interview - Approved and card production ordered!

11/25/11 :: Day 130 GC arrived in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one personal attack removed, along with 2 quoting, one person thread banned.

disagree with each other, but do it respectfully.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

one personal attack removed, along with 2 quoting, one person thread banned.

disagree with each other, but do it respectfully.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi folks,

I just found this article and I though maybe it would be useful for some.

"The Department of Homeland Security said the government would review about 300,000 deportation cases pending in federal immigration courts. Lower-priority cases -- those not involving individuals considered violent or otherwise dangerous -- would be suspended under the new criteria. "

http://www.cnn.com/2...rss_igoogle_cnn

I could not find the original memo, maybe somebody knows where to find it?

Cheers,

M.

More work for USCIS less time for legal people like us.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Always it is the "young children who were brought her by no choice of their own". Sorry but I DON'T CARE. Their parents who either came here illegally or came here legally and overstayed have had a direct and negative impact on me and many people I know. People wonder why the system is such a black box and the VO's seem to be so arbitrary and it is exactly for reasons like this. Every illegal immigrant is one more reason that my (and everyone else's) petition takes so long to get processed. Every illegal immigrant in the country is one more reason my in-laws can't get a visa to come visit me and their daughter and see her home.

:thumbs: I couldn't agree more!

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

These are just prejudices. Should we send kids 'home' just because some Mexicans get drunk? This, does not make any sense, sorry. In psychology it is called availability bias.

Yes!

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I love reading these threads ! :lol:

Last year I had my roof replaced and hired a contractor to work on it and I happened to notice all his workers were all mexicans. The contractor asked me what I did for a living and I told him I worked for the federal government (which is true), but I lied and told him I worked for ICE... He sent his wife over to my house to pick up the check for the insurance deductible two days later. What a coward !

I have no problem with immigrants coming here, as long they do it legally and pay their taxes like the rest of us. It is not fair that we have to wait so long for our loved ones and some can sneak across the border and reap the benefits.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love reading these threads ! :lol:

Last year I had my roof replaced and hired a contractor to work on it and I happened to notice all his workers were all mexicans. The contractor asked me what I did for a living and I told him I worked for the federal government (which is true), but I lied and told him I worked for ICE... He sent his wife over to my house to pick up the check for the insurance deductible two days later. What a coward !

I have no problem with immigrants coming here, as long they do it legally and pay their taxes like the rest of us. It is not fair that we have to wait so long for our loved ones and some can sneak across the border and reap the benefits.

So you impersonated an ICE employee in order to prove a point about following laws - that makes a lot of sense.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Let's not all get our panties in a bunch over this new policy. This is political trickery - nothing more.

Remember that this is the same president who presided over the deportation of more than 800,000 illegals in two years - more than any other president in the history of the United States over an equal time period. He claims this was to curry favor with Republicans in order to get them to go along with some sort of immigration reform bill. And what sort of immigration reform bill did he think he was going to get if he had to kick 800,000 people out of the country in order to get it? Did he think a bill that required that sort of #######-for-tat payoff was going to include some form of amnesty? Not a chance!

This latest move is unilateral, and perfectly timed to coincide with the upcoming election. He wants Hispanic voters to conveniently forgot those 800,000 he sent packing, and remember his new executive decree (since he doesn't have the power to change the law) that only criminals will be deported.

His past history belies his motives. Don't let this fool you. Whether you're an advocate of compassionate treatment of illegals with a path to legalization, or staunchly opposed to any form of amnesty, this sort of executive trickery isn't good for anyone. It was bad when Bush did, and it's just as bad when Obama does it. This guy flaps in whichever direction the political winds are blowing. If he's reelected you can expect to see this policy changed. He has nothing to lose by alienating Hispanic voters after the next election because he can't run for a third term, and his past history proves he's not bothered by deporting people en masse. If he's not reelected you can STILL expect to see this policy changed. Republicans after overwhelmingly in favor of enforcing immigration law.

In the meantime, what is really different? Are illegals now given a path to legalization? No. Are they getting any sort of long-term promise that they won't be deported? No. The only thing they're getting is a temporary reprieve, as well as the chance to apply for a work permit. As long as they're here and working, might as well get some tax money from them, right? :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I said it few times in the past and i'm going to say it again, "If you have nothing good/nice to comment, just remain quiet, please." We are not here to attack or criticize one another. As far as i understood, this forum is here for us to help one another. Little talk, little mistake, little offense... plain and simple. Salam!

Luke 1:37 - "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."

AOS Journey

• 02.25.2012 - AOS, EAD, AP sent
  • 02.29.2012 - received text/email receipt notices
  • 03.22.2012 - transferred to CSC
  • 04.19.2012 - biometrics appointment
  • 05.02.2012 - EAD & AP approved
  • 10.19.2012 - AOS approved

K1 Journey

• 05.2000 - met in class - Orlando, FL
  • 05.2011 - K1 filed
  • 11.2011 - K1 visa received
  • 01.2012 - POE/Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.