20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all again and thankyou so much for all your prayers and help,but its not overyet.I went to an info pass appointment,I told the immigration officer my story,had a stack of proof of all the things my husband did to me.All the sudden he says to me to hold on a minute,ill be right back.Well I thought he was going to help me!

All the sudden another immigration offcer a big woman with a mad look on her face comes out and says to me,We dont want to hear your story,you must write an 8 page letter telling us what happned,please no drama,and dont wine either!! Oh my God!!! Then shes says to me since hes only got a conditional residency,when he has the interview we will decide ifyou will pay all the benefits or half the benefits!! Dont think we are going to arrest him now or send him back to his country!!I said wait a minute,I withdrew the petetion 2 months after he got to america or putting me in jail and beating to almost death to get a green card.he acused me of false charges and did so much to me.She said the with drawl of the petition means nothing,you might still have to pay half the benefits because you brought him here!

I dont understand this.I am so devistated,this man took away everything from me,amost killed me,is living his life in my house and im left with no job,no money,no home.My body aches from all the beatings,broken finger,my back is messed up my neck,and this is what I they say? Can they really do this?

My husband I found out is trying toi serve me with immigrationcourt papers now!! To go to court so he can say I say that he was the victim.Is this fair? Hes 27 im 53!Hes a 6 foot 3 man I told them.Hes used me and this is the answer I get?

To all reading this,I dont know what to do.If I avoid being served to go to court,will he be able to get money from me?I have a home that he forced me to put jointly in sept.Can they make me give him half if I win the divorce case thats pending? Please help,I cant belieave this is happening to me.Im not well.He destroyed my life! I have nothing because I fell in love! I never did anything to hurt me.He used me sooo bad and hurt me soo bad.As I am writing this I am crying my eyes out.This cant be happenning to me.I ask God why?

:help:

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

We american citizens are being abused and accused of false charges and the ones who we think love us and bring here are getting their green cards without us!! Use us and leave us after suffering so much to bring them to the united states because we think they love us!! Immigration does not care and does help us american citizens! We american citizens have no rights? No say so? This is unjustice!! We need to change that law that they get a green card because they are abused!Yes there are alot of immigrants being abused by their spouses when they get here.But what about the citizens being abused by the immigrants!! They have no law for this? I going to tell the world ,and write to Obama! This is not fair!!! :help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I really feel for you :(

Not only he need to be deported right away, but to spend jail time first hoping he gets the lesson

on the other hand others are living happily and troubles happen from time to time

You dont wana miss the court as it will tell them that he is right.

but you will definitly need two lawyers, one for immigration and the other for your civil troubles,

Im sure someone here will give you a name of good lawyers

take care

We american citizens are being abused and accused of false charges and the ones who we think love us and bring here are getting their green cards without us!! Use us and leave us after suffering so much to bring them to the united states because we think they love us!! Immigration does not care and does help us american citizens! We american citizens have no rights? No say so? This is unjustice!! We need to change that law that they get a green card because they are abused!Yes there are alot of immigrants being abused by their spouses when they get here.But what about the citizens being abused by the immigrants!! They have no law for this? I going to tell the world ,and write to Obama! This is not fair!!! :help:

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Before you write to Obama, you need to calm down and try to get a better grasp of your situation.

So you went to USCIS, correct? And they told you that your husband has a conditional GC, correct?

They also refused to listen to your story and asked you to write an 8 page letter instead?

Okay. That sounds about right. You need to give them a written statement and any evidence of abuse you have - hospital records, police reports if any. USCIS is not there to hear you rant, they need concrete evidence.

If you attempted to pull Affidavit of Support AFTER his AOS was approved, indeed you were too late.

She said you may have to pay 1/2 or all the benefits? What kind of benefits, this makes no sense at all. You probably misunderstood.

As for divorce, nobody "wins" a divorce. Get a good lawyer and hopefully he will help you to get most of your assets back, due to short marriage.

Good luck and please calm down.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thats the reason you need to think million times before you file for someone, but how does most ppl go ohhh we are so much in love and our love is true and real and on and on.

You need to make sure do your home work his family your family your friends, his friends all are not just trying to push someone in marriage with you or somone himself is not getting into this relation just to get GC.

High fraud countries including Turkey are all well known for this kinda cases, and you should not complain when USCIS, NVC and CO are going over the apps and asking for more info, digging into details etc they are not against the relation they are trying to make sure such things dont happen.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Your story is incomplete and incoherent. Looks like you became the easy target of a scammer, helpless, clueless, plan-less.

Unless you look at 53 like Demi Moore looks at 47, the fact that a young man half your age who would most likely be interested in 20-year-olds wanted to marry you should have given you a clue so subtle as a fist in the face. You allowed him to abuse you, you brought him here, and now you are suffering the consequences not only of his actions but your actions as well.

Here's the best piece of advise I can give you: consult with a person who is an outsider of this non-relationship, who can think clearly and can make decisions you apparently are unable to make due to the curtain of mental fog and pain that's clouding your body and soul like a foggy morning on the San Francisco bridge.

WOW really???? there are plenty of situations where the woman is older and the man is younger here on VJ that are successful. I understand your point, but what a harsh way to say it. Blackrose has posted before and this bad experienced after he arrived. not before. So what you are saying its ok to have a old fart of a man with a young woman, but the other way around is absurd!?She is asking what to do now, not your opinion on what she did wrong. We love who we love and love is a chance!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

WOW really???? there are plenty of situations where the woman is older and the man is younger here on VJ that are successful. I understand your point, but what a harsh way to say it. Blackrose has posted before and this bad experienced after he arrived. not before. So what you are saying its ok to have a old fart of a man with a young woman, but the other way around is absurd!?She is asking what to do now, not your opinion on what she did wrong. We love who we love and love is a chance!!!

Course not.. The old farts get tossed aside by the their PYTs all the time and often lose large chunks of their money in the process.. We just don't feel sorry for them, say "it serves them right" and call them names like.. old farts.

To the OP: Sorry for what you are going through, nobody deserves that.. I would suggest looking at your problem from a purely selfish position.. That is do not think about "justice" or revenge or spend your time railing against an unfair system.. What is the best option for you? You need to cut your loses, separate yourself from any contact, hide assets you have and any evidence against him away if you have them, and slodge through the process this person is unfortunately putting you through.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe its time for you to get a really good lawyer.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sell your house asap. I assume both of you are on title and you are the only one on the loan. If he is awarded the house in the divorce then you are screwed. Why? Because YOU are the only one on the loan. Ie. If the court awards him the home, you will be taken off title but he is under no obligation to get the home financed in his name. Which means, he now has a home and even if the divorce decree states that he makes the payments on the home, if he does not... guess which one of your credit gets absolutely destroyed?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Timeline

Sell your house asap. I assume both of you are on title and you are the only one on the loan. If he is awarded the house in the divorce then you are screwed. Why? Because YOU are the only one on the loan. Ie. If the court awards him the home, you will be taken off title but he is under no obligation to get the home financed in his name. Which means, he now has a home and even if the divorce decree states that he makes the payments on the home, if he does not... guess which one of your credit gets absolutely destroyed?

The best thing to do at that point would be to file bankruptcy and leave the house. Selling the house even at this point MIGHT require him to sign off on the sale (depends on the laws in her state).

OP, I am so sorry for you. But you need to get whatever evidence you have together, and I mean now. It sounds like he has perfectly set you up for a fals VAWA claim, and tbh, I don't see how you're going to overcome that, based upon the fact that you have been arrested.

Stick to facts, and what you can prove. But it's going to be a long haul to deportation, if that's even an option. A big misconception is that once the USC yells 'scammer!' they think they have the automatic right to deport the foreign spouse. Unfortunately, that's not really how it works.

guess which one of your credit gets absolutely destroyed?

At this point, her credit rating is the least of her worries. It's damage control time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So true. Very good point

Selling the house even at this point MIGHT require him to sign off on the sale (depends on the laws in her state).

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

Your story is incomplete and incoherent. Looks like you became the easy target of a scammer, helpless, clueless, plan-less.

Unless you look at 53 like Demi Moore looks at 47, the fact that a young man half your age who would most likely be interested in 20-year-olds wanted to marry you should have given you a clue so subtle as a fist in the face. You allowed him to abuse you, you brought him here, and now you are suffering the consequences not only of his actions but your actions as well.

Here's the best piece of advise I can give you: consult with a person who is an outsider of this non-relationship, who can think clearly and can make decisions you apparently are unable to make due to the curtain of mental fog and pain that's clouding your body and soul like a foggy morning on the San Francisco bridge.

Bob +1 from me.

Timeline

Dude this is not a sympathy forum – what Bob said is a reality.

Anyone in right mind would have thought of this situation as there was something fishy going on from the start. How many instance have you seen where a young guy half of his age looking to marry an older women.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Blackrose, I work for a domestic violence agency and we have attorneys to assist clients in our service area with issues such as this. Try calling your local DV agency to see if something can be done. Even if they can't help you legally, they can help you heal and learn from this so it never happens again. Your DV agency can help you put together what you need for immigration to do something about this. It gets tricky when you are the one who was arrested not him. You need a DV agency's help. 1-800-799-SAFE is the number for the National Domestic Violence Hotline. Strange but usually I deal with immigrants who are abused by the USC. I am sorry you had this experience.

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.