Bob@ cel

Didn't meet in person

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; Like everybody has mentioned, if you file now, it's nothing but a waste of money (fee).

IMHO, I would say that you should visit each other and then file AND visit each other one more time, if possible, couple of times so you get to know each other in real life.

I think everybody would agree when I say that fiance(e) is different than from what you think of him/her when you are chatting online. We all have been there.

It would also be a good thing for you to go to the US first and see what it's like and see if you can used to this other life style. Otherwise you may fall into this black hole because it's all very overwelming.

Good luck :thumbs:

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What you all dont know is her Fiancee actually petitioned for her yet.cos its boldly written that you need to have MET in the Past 2 yrs.Body pass,visa stamps,Photos are evidence to show that

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What you all dont know is her Fiancee actually petitioned for her yet.cos its boldly written that you need to have MET in the Past 2 yrs.Body pass,visa stamps,Photos are evidence to show that

Actually, yes we do know that her fiance filed a petition. In her opening post she wrote, "After 5 months of communicating online he filed a petition for me..." A petition was filed and it will be denied. After the couple meets in person, a new petition can be filed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, yes we do know that her fiance filed a petition. In her opening post she wrote, "After 5 months of communicating online he filed a petition for me..." A petition was filed and it will be denied. After the couple meets in person, a new petition can be filed.

or, that the OP BELIEVES that a petition has been submitted for her by her USC fiance' 5 months ago.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would not even buy a pair of $29.95 jeans without trying them on first. Naturally, when somebody proposes to marry somebody else without ever having even seen them in person, that can't be taken seriously, not even by a Government agency. Marriage is a big step in life; for many it's the biggest decision in their lifetime. When traveling to a store before buying a bicycle to make sure it fits, it's reasonable to travel to the prospective husband or wife at least once before investing time and money on an immigrant petition, if it's a genuine relationship, which is what USCIS is looking for.

I Agree!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Not only does USCIS require that you meet in person, I suggest doing so for the sake of your upcoming marriage. Things can be entirely different in person than they are online and that's a big step to take with someone you've never personally met. Just my two cents. Meet in person as soon as possible and keep everything from the trip. Boarding passes, hotel receipts, take pictures, etc.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

My fiance and I didn't meet in person. After 5 months of communicating online he filed a petition for me (K1 visa). It is possible for the USICS to approve my fiance's petition?Please help.

Nope got to meet in person in last two years, save all receipts from travel, take a bunch of photos have a good time visiting.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wait, you've known each other for FIVE MONTHS... and already decided to get married? Without ever meeting in person?

There is zero chance you'll be approved, sorry.

12/23/2010 - filed

05/02/2011 - petition approved

07/19/2011 - interview (approved!!!!!)

08/16/2011 - POE Houston TX

09/19/2011 - married!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Lots of judging going on here and that's not what this forum is for. How to conduct a relationship and when to propose marriage are personal decisions. The OP's question has been answered. If you have nothing constructive to add, please keep your judgments to yourself. You might be surprised to know just how high a percentage of members here, decided to marry after weeks or only a few months of online communication. That's their business, not ours.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you Pushbrk for saying what I would say as well. The OP has asked if her fiance's petition for her will be approved even though they haven't met in person. She has received the answer to her question. It is not necessary to add comments about the validity or value or their relationship. They were not requested, nor do you have the background information upon which to base any useful response. So, if you have nothing constructive to add to this discussion, please do not post.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

kathryn beat me here.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, USCIS will not approve your petition. You have gotten the right answers and advice. USCIS will keep the filing fee, you will have to meet and then refile

Good luck

PS - unless you included VERY compelling reasons why you two did not meet, there is no chance your petition will be approved

This reminds me of my First Info-Pass Appointment and was based on this subject. Do we have to meet? I would rather use the money for plane tickets and other expenses. She looked at me behind that glass window and said: Just write a letter to us why you did'nt meet. Then she warned: If it is rejected you will have to pay again and refile. I was such a dummy. OH! I just need to write a Letter. :rofl::bonk: . I was so new to this process I knew no better. I really believed for 2 days until I seen an Attorney that the Lady at USCIS had her Laugh for the day.

There are rare exceptions for not meeting within 2 years but don't count on them applying to your Case.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I apologize, this adds nothing to the OP's question since it has been answered ten times over, but I would add that we need to find a way to get VJ more bumps on web searches so we can help to educate and prevent this from occurring as frequently as it seems to happen. :unsure:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.