Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

There is a thread at the moment where the OP is a scammer that has seemingly pulled pretty much very trick in the book and is receiving the welcome you would expect.

That welcome being "hi, you should get a good lawyer."?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I liked the you need an attorney in God mode.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Christ has nothing to do with it. Advising an illegal alien on how to cheat the system is unethical, illegal and un-American.

Telling someone how to adjust status legally, and in a form set out by the USCIS, is not "cheating the system." It is ethical, legal and American.

You have not addressed any of the issues I have posited to you -- the more illegal/less illegal fantasyland; how a system that is provided expressly by USCIS for undocumented persons is illegal because you think it's yucky; whether those who have been charged and/or convicted of a criminal offense (either misdemeanor or felony) should have recourse to the protections of the law. Your arguments appear to be "it's immoral" and "it's wrong" without any actual legal citations to support your opinions. We -- including those of us who aren't attorneys -- who argue against you could probably pull any number of sections out of the INA and case law to support our representations. I'm sure as a self-styled "legal professional" you know the importance of precedent in making an argument.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

It absolutely does and has happened here. An illegal alien who comes here for "advice" is looking to continue their wrongdoings. There is no legal advice for these people that doesn't involved further illegal activity. You may feel they have a right to remain in the US but the USCIS is very clear on this matter. Assisting people who have broken Federal Laws is not only unethical but illegal.

This is completely presumtious on your part and couldn't be further from the truth. Advising someone, whether they have committed a crime or not, on legal paths that have been laid out by our gov't is in no way illegal. Your reasoning is totally flawed and until you come to terms with that, this conversation is futile.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Other Timeline

Immigrant lawbreakers need not come to this site to learn new and creative ways to continue lawbreaking at the expense of those who take the legal path in immigration. It's all laid out for them at the US Consulate Websites. Open it up. Poke around a bit. So nice to see that the US department of corruption in immigration has someone's back anyway.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_visas.html

Edited by xxClosedxx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Firstly, let me apologise to everyone here who has jumped down my throat. You are right and I am wrong. You know best, I know nothing.

I'll continue my LEGAL pathway to citizenship and I won't comment on any further questions that go against my "morals".

How you choose to run this website is your own business. How I choose to interpret it (or for that matter, anyone thinking of committing fraud) is my/our business.

Best wishes.

Firstly, let me apologise to everyone here who has jumped down my throat. You are right and I am wrong. You know best, I know nothing.

I'll continue my LEGAL pathway to citizenship and I won't comment on any further questions that go against my "morals".

How you choose to run this website is your own business. How I choose to interpret it (or for that matter, anyone thinking of committing fraud) is my/our business.

Best wishes.

Sounds good! Could you please pass the jelly?

Point of clarification on the TOS please: I discovered today that I have been banned from a thread for posting the picture below:

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

I think my caption was something like, "The plot thickens!" I have seen this popcorn reaction gif, and many other similar gifs, on VJ many, many times. We even have a popcorn smiley: :pop: I saw far more insulting posts to the OP, including calling her a troll, that were not removed. This was the ONLY post I made in the thread. I was snarky, but not antagonistic. I withheld my own strong conviction that the OP and the person who joined the same day and magically maybe knew who the OP's fiance was are trolls. If the post must be removed, fair enough, but I fail to see how this is such a violation of the TOS that I needed to be thread-banned. If someone can give me a cogent explanation that would be great.

Edit to add: I note that in the recent past, pictures of dead people being dragged in the streets and people being pushed off buildings have, after reporting, been removed and yet the posters of those images were not thread-banned. Thanks.

Edited by Killary

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They really don't like you?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

From what I have seen VJ moderation isn't concerned with community engagement. The rules members are expected to adhere to are overcomplicated, lack transparency and there appears to be zero interest in rectifying or even acknowledging when members have been treated unfairly.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Point of clarification on the TOS please: I discovered today that I have been banned from a thread for posting the picture below:

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif

I think my caption was something like, "The plot thickens!" I have seen this popcorn reaction gif, and many other similar gifs, on VJ many, many times. We even have a popcorn smiley: :pop: I saw far more insulting posts to the OP, including calling her a troll, that were not removed. This was the ONLY post I made in the thread. I was snarky, but not antagonistic. I withheld my own strong conviction that the OP and the person who joined the same day and magically maybe knew who the OP's fiance was are trolls. If the post must be removed, fair enough, but I fail to see how this is such a violation of the TOS that I needed to be thread-banned. If someone can give me a cogent explanation that would be great.

Edit to add: I note that in the recent past, pictures of dead people being dragged in the streets and people being pushed off buildings have, after reporting, been removed and yet the posters of those images were not thread-banned. Thanks.

That ISIS "you just be a liberal if you're offended by cake bakers but not gays being thrown off roofs" was one of the worst Troll posts I've seen on here recently. A clear violation of the TOS, and it was a moderator that posted it.

It wasn't even removed as a TOS violation either, but rather because it might have the 'potential' to offend.

When a photo of a woman in a bikini is deemed to be obscene content, that just stinks.

Edited by Venkman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Perhaps the rules are meant to drive us regular posters off the site?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.