Captain Ewok

TOS Violations and Moderator Responses

1,018 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I would also suggest that we go back to the rule that a copy from a reputable news source be required as the basis for all new threads in CE&HT forum. As of lately it has become a plenary for racism and bigotry, with threads based on 'copies' - and I use the term loosely - gleaned from hate websites.

Also, would it be possible to get a ruling on the attempted conversion of atheists via this site? I'm not talking about things like 'I'll pray for you' or 'we should pray to get through this process'. I'm talking about things like 'you need to accept god into your heart. You know he accepts homosexuals, too, right? You should try talking to God.'

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I would also suggest that we go back to the rule that a copy from a reputable news source be required as the basis for all new threads in CE&HT forum. As of lately it has become a plenary for racism and bigotry, with threads based on 'copies' - and I use the term loosely - gleaned from hate websites.

I agree with you, linking to a biased article should not be tolerated.

I agree with you, linking to a biased article should not be tolerated.

The problem with this is who decides what is biased and what isn't? And aren't all topics posted in the CEHST forum somewhat biased to the posters views? What is biased to one person, may not be biased to the next.

I think so long as the topic article is somewhat current and can be linked to a source it should be allowed as long as the topic itself does not violate TOS. That kind of covers "Current Events and Hot Social Topics".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

The problem with this is who decides what is biased and what isn't? And aren't all topics posted in the CEHST forum somewhat biased to the posters views? What is biased to one person, may not be biased to the next.

I think so long as the topic article is somewhat current and can be linked to a source it should be allowed as long as the topic itself does not violate TOS. That kind of covers "Current Events and Hot Social Topics".

An article that says black people are inferior to white people. An article that says gay people are inferior to heterosexual people. It's not that difficult to see.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In that case, and considering this is an immigration forum, perhaps CE&HT should be done away and consolidated with 'Off Topic. Anything other than germane immigration threads should, by definition, fall under Off Topic.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would be happy to take on the task, basically anything I disagree with would be banned.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I find it seriously offending that some people like to frequently proclaim on VJ that women from certain region make wonderful wife because they have good family values and raise to attend to their husband's needs.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Timeline

The cat photo was definitely a provocative pose.

As to the bikini, we have been told to remove those, very specifically- it falls under partial/ strategically covered nudity and while yes, completely acceptable in much of the USA, we have members from all over the world, and in many countries, this would not be acceptable.

Then clearly that section of the TOS needs to just come out at say that all images of men/woman need to be fully clothed. I laugh at the notion that a bikini equals partial nudity. Effectively your policy is extremely repressive and insulting.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
I find it seriously offending that some people like to frequently proclaim on VJ that women from certain region make wonderful wife because they have good family values and raise to attend to their husband's needs.

but you were OK with a woman being called the pejorative term for a female dog?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

but you were OK with a woman being called the pejorative term for a female dog?

That thread obviously is a troll to gain attention. So I don't mind supporting someone calling her female dog.

At least I don't write on here day in day out that "my wife from so and so country make the best wife ever".

Timeline

Those comments are funny especially when the next thread is how someone whose wife is from that same country scammed him big time.

And the ones who say it all down to God so presumably those who are refused are not in God's favour?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I'll also add that comparatively the US is somewhat conservative. So who's country are we enforcing the rules for? Saudi Arabia?

While we are at, why don't we ban your FACE. After all, me seeing your face is unacceptable in some countries.

:thumbs: Hey, there is emoticon of cover up face :ph34r::ph34r:

burqa-statue-of-liberty.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

That thread obviously is a troll to gain attention. So I don't mind supporting someone calling her female dog.

At least I don't write on here day in day out that "my wife from so and so country make the best wife ever".

I'm not sure if it was a troll or just a poster with poor judgement but the correct response, i think, was to report it as a violation.

Beyond the moment of entertainment, people come, even years later and read these posts for information. I rarely asked a question when I first joined, I mostly read and got information that way. That kind of thread just drives people away.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

I'm not sure if it was a troll or just a poster with poor judgement but the correct response, i think, was to report it as a violation.

Beyond the moment of entertainment, people come, even years later and read these posts for information. I rarely asked a question when I first joined, I mostly read and got information that way. That kind of thread just drives people away.

Why was it a violation?