mamaSue

Refused tourist visa.... no good reason!!

17 posts in this topic

We've been inviting my best friend from Egypt to come and visit us here for years.

He finally applied to the US Embassy in Cairo... it cost him 650 le... and he got refused a visa!!

This guy fills in all the criteria for a visitors visa... with bells and whistles....

They had absolutely no reason to refuse him... but they did!!!

It seems the bad-tempered woman at the embassy interviewed him for less than 2 minutes....then refused him!!

Does any Egyptian ever get granted a visitors visa to the US??? :x

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We've been inviting my best friend from Egypt to come and visit us here for years.

He finally applied to the US Embassy in Cairo... it cost him 650 le... and he got refused a visa!!

This guy fills in all the criteria for a visitors visa... with bells and whistles....

It seems the bad-tempered woman at the embassy interviewed him for less than 2 minutes....then refused him!!

Only the people that understand they have to adhear to the strongest ties rule to qualify. They used the wrong bells & whistles as a way to get what they asked for.

Because Egypt is a high fraud country those that apply must live with what has gone on in the past. They had every reason to refuse the visa because by the merits of the application they didnt qualify.

All people with any type of visa are considered intending immigrants. To offset that when applying for a tourist visa they must provide evidence of their return that proves beyond a doubt they must return. This can be very difficult to do.

It wasnt the officers outlook that caused the denial. It was the fact there was no evidence to show they would return which is why it took two minutes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes unfortunately that is what happens to the MENA countries and other countries as well. They have to provide unquestionable ties to the country and even if they show job, house, even wife and children back home it still may be difficult to pass the visa barrier for a tourist visa.

I work for an international company here in the us and i've even seen some men from India who have a longstanding good reputation as good legal resident status go back to interview to get thier hib visa renewed to work here (within a good amount of time to spare)and all of a sudden they can't come back. Even tho they have never been in trouble, never been out of status, always been an asset to the company and society here. It's just the way it works...it is truly sad tho...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your friend has learned the harsh reality of obtaining a US visitor Visa and that is that it does not matter what documentation you provide or criteria you meet it is within the SOLE discretion of the Embassy official you see if you receive a visa. I think the system is flawed and there should be a set of criteria that make you eligible with disqualifying factors. I just read an article the other day that talked about how the USA was losing billions of dollars in tourism money especially from wealthy people from Brazil, India and China because they cannot obtain tourist visas. They own businesses and factories yet that it not a strong enough tie?

Only the people that understand they have to adhear to the strongest ties rule to qualify. They used the wrong bells & whistles as a way to get what they asked for.

Because Egypt is a high fraud country those that apply must live with what has gone on in the past. They had every reason to refuse the visa because by the merits of the application they didnt qualify.

All people with any type of visa are considered intending immigrants. To offset that when applying for a tourist visa they must provide evidence of their return that proves beyond a doubt they must return. This can be very difficult to do.

It wasnt the officers outlook that caused the denial. It was the fact there was no evidence to show they would return which is why it took two minutes.

OK... this guy has a successful business in Egypt

Owns 2 apartments

Has a wife and 2 small children

Has more than sufficient funds, of which he showed proof

Went to Germany 2 years ago, and returned at the allotted time.

I've heard of Egyptian Christians being refused because they often claim asylum due to so-called persecution from muslims, but this guy's a muslim.

I can't think of any more bells or whistles!

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK... this guy has a successful business in Egypt

Owns 2 apartments

Has a wife and 2 small children

Has more than sufficient funds, of which he showed proof

Went to Germany 2 years ago, and returned at the allotted time.

I've heard of Egyptian Christians being refused because they often claim asylum due to so-called persecution from muslims, but this guy's a muslim.

I can't think of any more bells or whistles!

This just shows how difficult it can be. I know because I applied 3 times myself & was denied each time. The officer told my husband " I believe everything you have said but we are told if we issue tourist visas in these circumstances we will be fired that same day". At the time I was married which meant that as soon as I would enter the USA my ties would be to my husband & not my country. We intended to visit the USA for a few months only & would have returned. I had a business, house, daughter, family & a bank account as well. We then decided to get immigrant visas & move here to become citizens.

In the case you point out it would seem likely he would return to me. It also possible he would walk away from those ties I suppose but it doesnt make much sense to do so. Especially because he has demonstrated he returned before. The only thing that can be done is to try again with even more evidence submitted. Or be adopted by Angilina Jolie.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Its hard coming from there to get a visa.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Well, the same with us in the Philippines.

We have everything (properties and all) and the consul gives us this reason, "It's not yet time for you to go to the US."

Seriously, what the hell do they care when I wanted to splurge money?

Been denied twice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It is hard to believe

But in my peRsonal opinion that is a matter of luck. I know a lot of contradictory storys. People without ties, properties getting approved the same day that other people with strong ties being rejected. It'd be based on the agent mood.

If he want to visit there are no specific rules for being approved so he should try again and wish him best luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wouldn't feel weird about it

I got the same situation with my own parents, 50 and 58 who have my bro and sis to take care of in Egypt, and they are both working with no way in earth to leave their jobs, real estate ownership , also air tickets with a return date, but they got refused and it was sad what my parents showed me of rudness from the officer, he took a look at the papers, asked them some questions, then he told them ''no tourist visa, make him apply for immigration visa'', and he letterly DISMISSED them, when they tried to understand, all what he was saying, no visa no visa please go, and then he teared the application paper that carried my mom picture''per my parents

it kinda made me mad, but here you go, they plant this kind of tension with all ppl and then wonder why they are disliked every where, its sad causee ppl here are good though

I didnt let it go though cz im aware that tearing the application is illegal, and contacted department of state who apologized and asked me to reapply, which I did after sending the embassy a ''pissed of'' bad email and it was direct to the chief consulat and the consular general. beside contacting my congress man who happened to be the speaker of the house.

in the second interview,mom got approved immediately, received her visa without any questions within aweek, dad was approved but being put on AP, I believe due to his common name and the fact he was in saudi arabia long time ago for sometime working, and here we are waiting his visa

Im telling that story cz no matter how good ties you have, visitor visa is extremly hard to obtain even if you have all the details, and even if they are your own parents.

So good luck, may be he tries again but dont keep your hopes high

Edited by no_where_man

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.