KittyPollitt

Combating the "yo mama don't live here" issue

112 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

NO MAN is worth that in my opinion.

lol I'm not doing it for him, I'm doing it for me. At this point, I've realized that he's going to lay around on his #### either way. I want a clean house, and I'm going to get it. I'm not getting a 3rd job solely to pay for a maid. I'm getting a 3rd job solely to save for a BMW. Maid service is just something I'm willing to pay for to keep peace in my house.

Timeline

Really? I know you didn't ask, but that doesn't seem like a wise idea to me.

Really it's a Mini Cooper. I'll be paying cash for it. I never get anything for myself, I'm getting my car.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I won't be quitting any jobs, I won't be leaving him- I don't give up so easy. Ya'll have a great day

Really it's a Mini Cooper. I'll be paying cash for it. I never get anything for myself, I'm getting my car.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I won't be quitting any jobs, I won't be leaving him- I don't give up so easy. Ya'll have a great day

Hey, if it works for you guys -- then it works. I've been arguing with my husband for over seven years now about this very same issue. I definitely don't believe it's a reason to get divorced (and if I were like, oh my Canadian husband won't clean up -- versus my MENA husband won't clean up) -- how many people would be acting like we should get divorced?

/no kids 'tho

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Timeline

a mini cooper sounds kind of small and dangerous too. I wouldnt want to be in a car crash in one or have my kids in one either

Timeline

a mini cooper sounds kind of small and dangerous too. I wouldnt want to be in a car crash in one or have my kids in one either

They have a 4 star safety rating in all categories. I drive 1k miles a week. I shop for engine quality and gas mileage, not trunk size.

Edited by squeaky580

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

He needs to just get off his butt and help out!!!! In my opinion it doesn't matter what country he is from because I am sure there are plenty of american men who do the same.... If the shoe were on the other foot he would expect you to have that house clean his dinner cooked and his child tken care of so because he is not working he needs to make sure those things are done... Moroccan men tend to be spoiled by then wimen in their families.. But he needs to know that you are not his mother or his sister or his maid nor are you his slave.... You are his wife therefore it is his obligation to take care of you. Now because he is not able to work outside of the house for now taking care of you means taking care of the house..... I have had this discussion many times with my husband.. I let him know I am not a super woman, I'm not his momma or his sister nor his maid or slave.... And as along as I have to work outside of the house and pay bills with the money I make he has to help out around the house....

Remind him that even the Prohet Muhammad (saw) helped out around the house... So he needs to get off his butt and help you out.... Especially during Ramadan...

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I may not post a lot but I do a lot of reading around here. Any time Darnell gives advice to MENA people in any part of this site we get the "ask yer mullah" line. Only recently has it become "ask yer mullah/imam" It sounds insincere and it gets old because I don't see any "ask yer priest/rabbi" advice given to anyone else.

Someone's husband is a scammer? ask yer mullah Your husband won't wash dishes? ask yer mullah Generall suckiness of MENA people? ask yer mullah :blink:

After living through Ramadan in Singapura, I had a totally new aspect on just what an Imam/Muallah could influence. It's not as if I just throw it out there, but I get it - it sure seems that way, yes? I rarely give my backstory, I'm a verra private person about who I am, what my upbringing is, what my religious views are. So, kudos to you for noticing my posting pattern about this - I don't do it to be flippant, at all.

My apologies, but thanks for reading, noticing the pattern.

I still stick by my original posit - you got's a broken Muslim Spouse? Time to get to the Mosque, have a talk. The Imam there will be more culturally sensitive to your situation than almost ANYONE ELSE you bring your problem (to ), can swiftly tell you (and yer spouse) what to do to effect a positive change.

I've seen it happen, in communities where I've lived. Does it work for everyone? HECK NO... <EOM>

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

After living through Ramadan in Singapura, I had a totally new aspect on just what an Imam/Muallah could influence. It's not as if I just throw it out there, but I get it - it sure seems that way, yes? I rarely give my backstory, I'm a verra private person about who I am, what my upbringing is, what my religious views are. So, kudos to you for noticing my posting pattern about this - I don't do it to be flippant, at all.

My apologies, but thanks for reading, noticing the pattern.

I still stick by my original posit - you got's a broken Muslim Spouse? Time to get to the Mosque, have a talk. The Imam there will be more culturally sensitive to your situation than almost ANYONE ELSE you bring your problem (to ), can swiftly tell you (and yer spouse) what to do to effect a positive change.

I've seen it happen, in communities where I've lived. Does it work for everyone? HECK NO... <EOM>

I am not thatfamilar with Darnell's posts.... However he has a point..... Far too many women mary muslim men not knowing much about Islam or just beleiving what their fiances/husbands tell them... I went through it prior to my taking shahada I dated a tunisian american for 8 years I (like a dummy) beleived all the silliness that spued from his mouth.... But then I started studying about Islam with some women from the local Masjid and found that most he had told me were variations of Islama mix of his own ideals and Tunisian culture.... Needless to say after taking shahada we started to grow apart and eventually broke up.. Now I am married to a Moroccan man whom I love to death :0) But he gets all caught up in his culture and most born muslims from foreign mix thheir culture with Islam... I am learning things about Islam everyday and I am glad I am married to a man who is open to learning how some things he grew up beleiving were part of Islam are not... From an Islamic point of view Squeaky's husband is totally wrong... My advice to any woman who is engaged/married to any muslim man is to learn about TRUE ISLAM.... Know where you stand Islamically and call your man out when he is in the wrong....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My advice to any woman who is engaged/married to any muslim man is to learn about TRUE ISLAM.... Know where you stand Islamically and call your man out when he is in the wrong....

[/quote

So true. He will tell me I should find out about my new religion and that I can research things online and find out what I want to know about Islam. So I do, and then I will ask him about what I've learned, and it doesn't always match what he knows, and he will say to me - so, you are one person, and you are going to go against all Muslims? Ha ha. I will respond, well, you suggested I find out, and I have done so, and I don't do things because everyone else does it, I want proof. Even if sometimes I don't mind doing what he believes is the correct thing, I will make him find the proof, just to know, and he thanks me for asking him that in the end. He always reminds me he isn't a Muslim scholar, but just a simple Muslim, so I think this works quite well in that we both learn.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sarah

I know we've had a rather uninspiring discussion in the past. I'll throw in my two cents and I'll give you a piece of advice and a suggestion on how to make some real life needed changes.

Advice... Get your priorities straight. If you show poor decision making how can you expect better judgment from him. I've read all through this post of a messy house, internet, nintendo, tv's, books all over the place, messy floors, BMW or Mini-Cooper, a futuristic vacuum cleaner. Uhmmm... did you ever purchase that health insurance? See what I mean? If you aren't a positive influence how can you expect him to be? You don't purchase health insurance and you have stated what kind of living conditions you live in, and then you have all of these luxuries in your home... an unsanitary home.

Suggestion... New rule, have him clean the house, or lock him out of the house while you are gone at work. What can he do? Give him a broom and tell him to sweep the sidewalk, clean the windows in the building, pick up trash in the neighborhood. I.e. Either clean the house or learn how to clean/do something that benefits society and teaches cleaning skills while he sweats all day outside. It may sound a little brutal, but he will learn.

Ultimately you rushed into marriage. You did not know everything about your partner, or you poorly calculated that he would change. Your finances are minimal and you have no health insurance. See what I meant about the idea of raising the income requirements for sponsors. You assured me your income was well over the needed amount, you lived very comfortably paying cash for everything, and did not live high on the hog with material things, etc. Really?

Now you are working 74 hours a week, spending all your money on unneeded luxuries, and your husband has no interest in helping you. What would happen if your husband were to fall and break a leg? What would happen if you were to fall and break a leg? Do you have the savings to pay for that? Could you go 4 months without working? It's time to do a little house-cleaning and I mean the "real" house, the relationship, and getting priorities in order. You can't change your past, but you sure can change your future.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

One more suggestion that should work assuming the child is his. Tell him a neighbor looked through the window and saw the mess you guys are living in and threatened to call Child Protective Services. That should get him moving. If parents can't provide a safe clean environment for their children then they don't deserve to have them... not to mention it's the law. They can take your daughter away from you if you are not providing a healthy environment for your child. Certainly this would hit a nerve, wouldn't it?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.