KittyPollitt

Combating the "yo mama don't live here" issue

112 posts in this topic

I found this to be an interesting take on the subject, given your profession as a bill collector at a collection agency.

I've been following this thread and really don't think that any of us have the right to tell Sarah how to spend her money and what to buy or not buy. The truth of the matter is she works very very hard to give her and her family a nice life and if she wants to forgo insurance to pay for a maid and or buy a decent car then she should. Its not up to us to tell her otherwise. I and many of us understand how some of these men are totally spoiled and hopefully something will make him change his ways. But if he follows Islam, which I don't know if he does or not. He can't tell her what to do with HER money, she earns it, its hers. He is the one that is supposed to pay the bills not her, so if she decides she wants a maid, then I say go for!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I found this to be an interesting take on the subject, given your profession as a bill collector at a collection agency.

Hey we as bill collectors are people to, just because we are a bill collector dont mean that we don't have debt, cause every single one of us in our office has filed bankruptcy at least once. Nothing to be proud of. Its jst a job! But I don't think anyone here has the right to tell Sarah how to and how not to spend her money.

Edited by Muh and me

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

and dont leave him, leave the others say whatever. you love him even if he's lazy, i love my baby to death no matter what. a woman has to be half wife and half mother for her husband. you have to educate him, teach him whats good and bad all over again. guys grow up slower. thats what im doing with my hard headed fiance and after 1 year it seems im going in the right direction. and buy yourself a car LOL. if he ever wants to use it make him clean something to deserve his driving reward

Oh, honey. No, you shouldn't be half wife and half mother to your husband. You really shouldn't.

I've been living with my husband for over seven years now. Long time in VJ history. We've been together for over ten.

I love my husband dearly. Still do after all these years.

And, at one point, I really did think that it was about teaching and "he'll just grow up eventually" etc.

It's not. It's about constant fighting -- broken promises -- more fighting -- frustration. All over again. Year after year. I sometimes look around at the mess he builds up and wonder if he sees the same reality that I do. Like...where does he live to say that it's not messy? Not here, apparently.

I DO NOT think that cleaning should be a reason to break up an otherwise happy marriage. But in families that cannot afford extra help -- it can be a breaking point. It has been for us and he still doesn't get it. If you can afford help, than TAKE IT.

But you'll very shortly grow bored of playing mother to your husband, trust me.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

db

Edited by HannahP

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was a mother to my first husband, and it led to our downfall. I am a WIFE, NOT a mother, and I made that very clear from the beginning with my current husband. He is a grown man, not a child. Thankfully, when I do get in "mom mode" with him, he gets insulted, and says not to speak to him like he is my child. He is absolutely right, and I love him for that....I am also trying to raise my son to be a man, not a man-child. Just had to pipe in for that comment :whistle:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

2 personal attacks and one quoting removed.

it appears this thread has run it's course. it's now closed due to tos violations.

do not restart this thread

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.