Mozzer1972

I-693 Question - K1 Visa Holder

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife (then Fiancee) came here on a K1 Visa and we are now ready to send in the AOS package. My question is do we need to complete the I-693? She had her examination prior to the interview and received one round of vaccinations. I don't think the vaccinations were complete.

Can we send in all the other forms now and then complete the I-693 later? I am worried we cannot get the vaccinations/civil surgeon done before our deadline to submit AOS docs.

Any advice is appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My wife (then Fiancee) came here on a K1 Visa and we are now ready to send in the AOS package. My question is do we need to complete the I-693? She had her examination prior to the interview and received one round of vaccinations. I don't think the vaccinations were complete.

Can we send in all the other forms now and then complete the I-693 later? I am worried we cannot get the vaccinations/civil surgeon done before our deadline to submit AOS docs.

There is no deadline for submitting AOS. What deadline do you think you have?

It is suggested that you have a CS transcribe the vaccination records onto the 693; it is added insurance against possibly receiving an RFE.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

There is no deadline for submitting AOS. What deadline do you think you have?

It is suggested that you have a CS transcribe the vaccination records onto the 693; it is added insurance against possibly receiving an RFE.

She is here on a K1 Visa and we thought the deadline was 90 Days from her date of entry for us to get married and then submit the I485 and other docs.

Timeline

She is here on a K1 Visa and we thought the deadline was 90 Days from her date of entry for us to get married and then submit the I485 and other docs.

The deadline is 90 days for marriage. Not the I-485. But very highly suggested to file I-1485 as soon as you obtain all the documents required. I filed the AOS within 3 - 4 weeks since the US arrival date. The sooner you file for it, the faster the green card will come. So will EAD and AP if you file together. Since it is free why not. In the meantime, get the SS# while waiting, joint checking account, add health insurance...

Timeline

No. You need to complete the I-693 and submit together. We went to a health center and they did it for $200 including vaccinations and gave us the immunization card for record. They prepared the I-693 for us and sealed it in envelope. They provided a copy for us before they sealed it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

If her vaccinations are not complete, then she needs to get the missing vaccinations and have them transcribed to I-693. You are supposed to send it with I-485. No deadline for AOS; just send it as soon as you gather all the necessary forms and documents.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

She needs a "vaccination transcription" not an ENTIRE I-693. It's just part 1, part 2 (vaccination table ONLY) and part 5. it's in the instructions for the I-693 form. Should be around $50 (plus missing shots).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

I called around today to find someone that wouldn't charge me $200 just for the transcription. It was difficult, but I was finally able to find an office that would do it. All the transcription will be done by a nurse, rather than the actual civil surgeon. Is that ok?

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called around today to find someone that wouldn't charge me $200 just for the transcription. It was difficult, but I was finally able to find an office that would do it. All the transcription will be done by a nurse, rather than the actual civil surgeon. Is that ok?

John

The civil surgeon has to sign off on Part 5. If the actual doctor does not do that, then no, it is not ok. The nurse cannot sign in place of the CS.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

John

It was the same for me. Doctors rarely actually GIVE the shots but he would have been the one to check out the form and see what you needed and sign off on it once the nurse did her part. Kinda like how lawyers have secretaries do their paperwork.

No. You need to complete the I-693 and submit together. We went to a health center and they did it for $200 including vaccinations and gave us the immunization card for record. They prepared the I-693 for us and sealed it in envelope. They provided a copy for us before they sealed it.

Where is the health center where u went? Is it in California? Whats the name of the health center and the doctor? WHEN I called to ask for prices it's around US$430-600 and we cant afford that.

Timeline

Where is the health center where u went? Is it in California? Whats the name of the health center and the doctor? WHEN I called to ask for prices it's around US$430-600 and we cant afford that.

That is crazy! Where in California are you? I can recommend you a CS that did mine transcription for $50, he is in Southern Cali (Ventura county). You can also browse this thread to find an affordable CS: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

My Immigration Journey:

That is crazy! Where in California are you? I can recommend you a CS that did mine transcription for $50, he is in Southern Cali (Ventura county). You can also browse this thread to find an affordable CS: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

I know, it's horrible! We're in Northern Cali (Sonoma county). Did the CS also give you the vaccines you needed?

Timeline

I know, it's horrible! We're in Northern Cali (Sonoma county). Did the CS also give you the vaccines you needed?

Oh ok, I hope you can find one closer to you in that thread then! Yes, the CS gave me the vaccine I was missing, but you can get them done anywhere else (cheaper) and bring proof of it to CS who will transcribe it to I-693.

My Immigration Journey:

• 4 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A recent post has been:

-- split from this old thread (which is now locked to further comments),

-- moved to the "AOS from WS&T Visas" main forum, and

-- given the topic title "File the I-693 with I-130 & I-485? [split topic]."

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.