Captain Ewok

Immigration Guides for Foreign Relatives

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

General Guide for Immigrating Children to the US.

Official USCIS FAQ for Permanent Residents bringing relatives to the US: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-family-member-permanent-resident

Edited by Penguin_ie

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

My mother filed for me in f2b and my priority date is 16/May/2003. Recently i sent my choice of agent form to nvc and they generated the iv processing fee bill. My mother has submited $70 fees for AOS processing & $400 for IV processing.

Should my mother now submit the Ds230 forms together with I864 ?

Also i read that they need police certificates and photographs and biographi page of passport..along with ds230. ?

OR

Shud i submit just the ds230 and my mother submit the I864 to NVC...and only police certificates shud be submitted to Mumbai embassy when interview letter comes.

Please advise..i am based in India-mumbai. How long does it take to get the Police certificates ?

regards

agm

Thank You

Anand

--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Category F2A- India
  2. PD 12/30/2014 F2A 130
  3. Service Center: VSC
  4. 01/5/2015 : I-130 NOA1 -5th Jan 2015
  5. 8/27/2015: I-130 File transferred to CSC-27th Aug 2015
  6. 09/28/2015: I-130 NOA2 case approved-28th Sep 2015
  7. 10/23/2015: Requested USCIS to allow applicant to adjust Status in the US-Oct 23 2015 instead of Consular processing. Currently applicant on tourist visa B2- 10/23/2015
  8. 10/29/2015: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email for I485 765 131 Forms received-10/29/2015
  9. 11/3/2015: Received hard copies of NOA1 for i485 765 131
  10. 11/6/2015 Got Biometrics Appointment letter
  11. 11/17/2015 -Completed Biometrics
  12. 12/22/2015- Initial RFE for Birth Certificate- uscis asking to submit non availability BC.
  13. 01/03/2016- EAD/AP Card Approved.
  14. 01/05/2016- Received EAD/AP Card in Post
  15. 1/12/2016- Submitting Birth certificate

• 1 year later...

My mother filed for me in f2b and my priority date is 16/May/2003. Recently i sent my choice of agent form to nvc and they generated the iv processing fee bill. My mother has submited $70 fees for AOS processing & $400 for IV processing.

Should my mother now submit the Ds230 forms together with I864 ?

Also i read that they need police certificates and photographs and biographi page of passport..along with ds230. ?

OR

Shud i submit just the ds230 and my mother submit the I864 to NVC...and only police certificates shud be submitted to Mumbai embassy when interview letter comes.

Please advise..i am based in India-mumbai. How long does it take to get the Police certificates ?

regards

agm

From my understanding, you need to go to the police main station and ask for a police certificate. I don't know if there is fee for it but you can get it there.

All the best!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

What about a green card holder wants to apply for relatives to visit (not immigrate)?And is there a different between temp GC holder and a GC holder?

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What about a green card holder wants to apply for relatives to visit (not immigrate)?And is there a different between temp GC holder and a GC holder?

That would be a Tourism Visa (see this forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/143-tourist-visas/ ), not bringing them permanently. The GC holder cannot apply, the potential tourist family member needs to apply and qualify on their own.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Hey,

Does this means as a conditional GC holder, I can't apply for IV for my parents? I will like to bring my mum on immigrant visa can I do that?

Not until you are a citizen.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello, i have a simple question. i have a friedn who is resident of the US and got married recently. he wants to bring his wife along, but someone told him he cant till he becomes a citizen. is this true or there is a special visa for his wife without being a citizen?

Thanks,

Timeline

hello, i have a simple question. i have a friedn who is resident of the US and got married recently. he wants to bring his wife along, but someone told him he cant till he becomes a citizen. is this true or there is a special visa for his wife without being a citizen?

Thanks,

He can petition for his wife the same way a US Citizen would (see Guides above), but there is a waitinglist for visas- currently, the wait is about 2.5 years.

mod penguin.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

My mom's I-130 got approved. She's been in the states since the early 80's, she now has to fill out form i-485 but we aren't sure what to put in part 2 of the application type. Please help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.