jundp

Thank God for my foreign husband!

101 posts in this topic

irony-meter.gif

Please do explain. Besides you weren't one of the ones bitching about American men, is this just a "we must stick together" moment.

That's very true. After a string of dating failures with American nutballs, I decided to broaden my horizons. Fortunately for me, at the time I was looking for a husband, there was a great site devoted to pale, tweed-jacketed Brits with unfortunate teeth who were searching for American feminazis sporting mullets and with fashion sense tending toward the masculine. And thank sweet Jessup for that! If it weren't for that awesome site (which no longer exists because the massive traffic crashed its server and shorted out its entire system), I'd probably be hooked up with my former neighbor. At the time, he was my only prospect. He was really uninteresting; his only hobbies were eating Cheez Whiz, sunbathing naked, and picking at his plantar warts with a shellfish fork.

I love how those Brits are willing to step up to the plate and take one for the team. :devil:

perfect_size_are_you_wizard_1302567098.jpg

Not sure how to take this Rob.

Edited by _Simpson_

Not solo. I tried that a few times now without her...last time being with her uncle for my bachelor party. It ended up with all my clothes being thrown out a two story window.

She was cool at first...threesomes, strip clubs etc...now she acts like were married...like the platonic thing where you have the same sex partner for the rest of your entire life. Kind of like a life sentence of sorts...the one where they change the rules right before you go to the electric chair.

But......aren't you?

90day.jpg

But......aren't you?

Ya were married but that's not the point. She never said anything about changing once we got married, and like a tard I never asked her before we got married. People/partners shouldn't change the rules of the game without letting their future spouses know about it before said marriage takes place. It's like I was tricked or something.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

Ya were married but that's not the point. She never said anything about changing once we got married, and like a tard I never asked her before we got married. People/partners shouldn't change the rules of the game without letting their future spouses know about it before said marriage takes place. It's like I was tricked or something.

I feel for ya. She told me at first, "If you ever cheat on me, just don't let me find out. I don't want to know."

Now it's, "Where are you going? When will you be back?...blah...blah...blah..."

Do you think that was her intention? Perhaps she changed her mind? In any case, it sounds like you two need to talk. How would she react if, say, you booked an evening in a hot tub* with some of the cannery gals and presented it as a special romantic occasion, like old times?

* Practical matter: How accessible are hot tubs in that part of the world?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I feel for ya. She told me at first, "If you ever cheat on me, just don't let me find out. I don't want to know."

Now it's, "Where are you going? When will you be back?...blah...blah...blah..."

LOL...ya it changes like real fast. Just hope she doesn't put a gps tracker on your car. :lol: I'm afraid to even go to the bar with my brother these days for the fact she calls there to see if were there or not. Then I know what's coming when I get back home. It's like WW3.

Do you think that was her intention? Perhaps she changed her mind? In any case, it sounds like you two need to talk. How would she react if, say, you booked an evening in a hot tub* with some of the cannery gals and presented it as a special romantic occasion, like old times?

* Practical matter: How accessible are hot tubs in that part of the world?

Those days are over...Iv'e already read the writing on the wall. I asked her once about her friend...the one that was the "third" a few times with us, and all she said is she's getting married so don't bring think about it. We did meet a few of those cannery chicks at the store and they are coming over for "coffee & cake", but she told me to keep my pecker in my pants and not to drool while their over. So ya, I'm screwed. She did say if we met the right person in Minsk it might be like old times...but when are we going back? I'm looking at two years down the road from now and I'm not getting any younger. We are in the middle of building a house and now she's talking about having kids. :huh: I miss the RUB days over there where it was all like some fantasy come true. Tons of hot chicks who were blunt about sex and getting my ####### grabbed in the clubs.... it's all done...for now maybe. It's never going to be the same...not like that.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

kip, no man is complete until he's married...then he's finished. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

this thread wasn't a serious thread.. :lol:

Please do explain. Besides you weren't one of the ones bitching about American men, is this just a "we must stick together" moment.

I love how those Brits are willing to step up to the plate and take one for the team. :devil:

Not sure how to take this Rob.

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
this thread wasn't a serious thread.. :lol:

:devil:

And who's complaining about American men? I thought we were just discussing the awesomeness of our spouses...who happen to be non-American. :unsure:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

:rofl:

Does yours watch on the Spanish channels or English ones? Even though L doesn't really speak Spanish (being Brazilian and all), he refuses to watch it on FSC or the other English channels because "the announcers are too boring". :lol:

Spanish channels. "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!"

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The most dangerous food is Wedding Cake, si man (sigh, man).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

The most dangerous food is Wedding Cake, si man (sigh, man).

T bone, you always say that. Does your wife, who just bore your child, know you feel that way?