*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

The flaw in most of these systems is that if the system needs to do something else...say your getting a call...you'll lose your map for a period of time.

I personally drive w/ GPS about once per month and I like to jam it in my console text to my tachometer. That way I just have to glance down slightly. Most of the fixed units are dead center in the car...so you have to look far to the right.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

would you, could you, go components, instead?

my fav example.

GPS 'thing', sucker mount on windshield.

dvd/cd/mp3 player/radio in dash, screen not in dash

replacement large rear view mirror thingie, is actually lcd screen, handles dvd input and back up camera inputs, switches automatically when in reverse.

I've spec'd these out on amazon the last 4 months, got all in under 700 bucks per car.

what's missing? a hard drive for muzak. but has mp3 player inputs, can simply jack in and go.

i'm never a fan of 'all in one' stuff, one part could break and you'd be without.

if'n 2K is the budget, suggest carputer with several screens, instead.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

I never thought I needed or wanted a smartphone until I got one... now I couldn't live without it ..:P

That's addiction, not a need :P

I voted no, I don't use GPS either. If I am going somewhere I am unfamiliar with, I will take a look at a map and study it for a moment. In L.A., most of the directions the GPS units give are longer routes anyways, like going round your elbow to get to your #######, to use my favorite southern saying. :)

Indy.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

going round your elbow to get to your #######, to use my favorite southern saying. :)

are you sure you're not from the south? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

and now you have a garmin with that annoying woman's voice on it....

Princess Narina? Narnia? Whatever she called herself???

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I changed a friend's expensive built in nav system to french one day. He never could figure out who did it, or how to set it back. He took it back to the dealer - they couldn't figure it out either, until a quebecois immigrant sorted them out.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Princess Narina? Narnia? Whatever she called herself???

i call it amby, since amby refuses to turn right.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I go to Kansas City often [...] every time I get lost [...] If you've driven in KC you'll know what I'm talking about.
It's part of an evil intentional plot by the KC Convention & Visitors' Bureau, si man, because otherwise, KC would have no tourists at all, no man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

and the no votes are spanking the yes votes! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

yes I go to Kansas City often and no way I could live without a GPS, every time I get lost I have to drive for like 40 minutes until I figure out where which one of the gazilions road i should be taking.. If you've driven in KC you'll know what I'm talking about. And once I took the wrong turn to go to work coming from KC, and I started to drive in this rural area with nothing but houses that looked the same, no signs that could give you an idea of where to turn in order to go back to our town, and the thought of being late to work, so yeah, GPS is a must have for me. I don't have a cell phone, btw.

don't forget to promote the radio sound system (speakers etc) is also an upgrade

and

with the hdd you won't need to connect the ipod or any other device to the radio for additional tunes which is a "safety/ security" feature.

an ipod can become a projectile in an emergency situation ... and if you forget and exit the car leaving the ipod exposed there may be a broken window indicator when you return ...

hope this helps keep the pot stirred ... :P

Edited by natty bumppo