El-Andalusi

CR1 Visa Denied at US Embassy

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vanuatu
Timeline

So, where do I start. We got married in July 2010, civil and religious ceremony in Algeria. We did everything right, provided all Affidavits, USCIS approved us within 5 months, with no questions ever asked. NVC had us an appointment scheduled at the Embassy within 2 months, and they never questioned anything we ever submitted nor were we ever missing any documents.

We both love each other unconditionally (otherwise who would go through this), I am Algerian by origin and speak the same language(s) as my husband, we were born in the same year.

Today, however, my husband goes to the Embassy for his interview. It was scheduled at 1.30 pm. They met with him at 3.45. pm. He said people were going in before him the whole time who had arrived after him. Then finally, he gets this female consular officer who asks him regular questions about our marriage, reviews pictures (makes comments on how beautiful they were), all within 10 minutes. Everytime my husband answered her questions about our marriage, she would make faces (of denial) and roll her eyes, cut him short, and at one point got interrupted by a co-worker while my husband was answering her questions. Totally throwing him off, demoralizing him, and never made eye contact with him, to acknowledge he is being heard. Traumatizing experience!

She started then talking about his student VISA that got denied way before we got married, which as everyone knows is a whole seperate category, namley, non-immigrant. Now, he goes in for an immigrant spousal visa interview and she talks about his past VISA. She asked why he didn't tell them back then when he filled out the Student VISA applicaiton that he was my fiance. Well, he replied that it wasn't official at that time that we were enganged. She then said ''this is a bizzarre case.'' He had notarized Sworn Affidavits from 6 people, she didn't even care to look at them when he mentioned them, she didn't even ask how we stay in touch and whether he had any proof. He took in with him about 200 pages of phone bills showing my outgoing calls to him, and his incoming calls, all highlighted and neatly organized. And and and, all the UPS back and forth had cost us a fortune, but anyway we didn't see a price. We were and are ready to do whatever it takes to fight their misjudgement.

The Refusal Letter reads:(under section 221 (g) "You will undergo a fraud review to ensure that your petition is not solely for immigration purposes. You will be contacted within 30 to 45 days with the status of your case.''

OF COURSE WE ARE LEGITIMATE, they can search, investigate, analyze, all they want, they will never find a fraud, nor any reasons that this is for immigration purposes only. NEVER!!! But the are doing it on the cost of our time and energy. I have not seen my husband for 10 months, that suffering is a whole seperate issue.

Someone please help, I feel lost, we feel angry, traumatized, in a nervous-system-collapse kind of state. My questions (to the best of my ability to still think straight right now):

1) Will the case stay at the Embassy? Or will it be sent back to the US? If so, where will they send it to, USCIS, or my local Immigration Office?

1.1) Does this mean Administrative Processing? Or is the ''fraud review'' an alleged accusation for security clearance?

2) I want to call them, what should I be asking? (Besides what their problem is)

3) I want to fight the case while it is at the Embassy, what should I do (I just called my congressman and they gave me instructions)??? I want to do more, to SAVE time, and money!!!!

4) Can I request an interview myself at the Embassy, to go in personally and offer to be interviewed? How should I address it so they allow me to come in?

I would appreciate any help, any advise, and human touch right now!!!!

God Bless All who are suffering right now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear what is happening to you. I don't really have advice, but remember God is with you!!

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Fraud review cases are not frivolous, so there have to be some red flags in your documents, his immigration records, or his conversation at the embassy--put yourself in the shoes of the officer and see what smells fishy--then see what you can do to provide documents or explanations that you will have to provide to get through this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Why did his student visa get denied?

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sounds like the Fraud Prevention Unit will step in and do their job. They are very good at what they do.

The case will stay with the Embassy. You can request your Senator or Congressman to contact the Embassy on your behalf.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Why did his student visa get denied?

I wonder that as well.

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Tout d'abord, pas de panique!

Vous devez vous mobilizes et reagire vite. Si votre relation est sinsaire, montrez-le.

En basent sur notre experience avec l'ambassade US en Algerie, je vous conseille de reagir rapidement et de leur envoyer par e-mail tout les preuves que vous pouvez leur donnez pour fournir les preuves de votre relation. Les lettres, les copies des billets de voyage, des visa, des photos, les check de payements, les list des appels, tout, tout, jusqu'a derniere petite preuve. Ecrivez les lettres explicant en details comment se construisais votre relation. Demandez vos parents, amies et les gens, qui sont capables de confirmer votre relation, d'ecrire les lettres de soutients. Qu'ils ecrivent comment ils le sentent, que de vrais temoignages.

L'aide de senateur etais tres precieuse pour nous.

Pensais d'aider aux service consulaire dans leur travail, soyez positive et proposez tout votre participation et ouveture.

Les appels ne pas fonctionnez dans notre cas, ni les demandes de r.v.

Apres trois semaines d'effort nous avons eu notre visa et nous sommes ensemble et tres heureux.

Bonne chanche!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Tout d'abord, pas de panique! [...]
It's a rule of VJ (and also common courtesy) to write in English in the non-Regional forums. Can you provide a translation, please? Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well, review is not an outright denial. If you are being denied you will be given REASON(s) for denial. You can call or write stating strongly that your relationship is not solely for immigration purpose and that you are willing to provide any further information to support that claim during the 'review process'.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your experience! Indeed, this process is time consuming and costly plus it's difficult to be without your significant other in a process that's challenging to understand and not be able to determine the end result. It sounds as if the denial is based primarily on the fact that he applied for a student visa (I suppose to the US)and the CO sees that their was an engagement at the time. They are probably thinking that he is doing everything possible just to come to the US and not be in a bonafide relationship. with any red flags, this is typical.

I have read other psots with similiar experiences and they were able to overcome this challenge. Keep doing everything you need including contact w/ your senator and am sure things will work out fine. This is going to cuase a delay for you both being together but I am sure it is worth it!!!! Good luck...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Tout d'abord, pas de panique!

Vous devez vous mobilizes et reagire vite. Si votre relation est sinsaire, montrez-le.

En basent sur notre experience avec l'ambassade US en Algerie, je vous conseille de reagir rapidement et de leur envoyer par e-mail tout les preuves que vous pouvez leur donnez pour fournir les preuves de votre relation. Les lettres, les copies des billets de voyage, des visa, des photos, les check de payements, les list des appels, tout, tout, jusqu'a derniere petite preuve. Ecrivez les lettres explicant en details comment se construisais votre relation. Demandez vos parents, amies et les gens, qui sont capables de confirmer votre relation, d'ecrire les lettres de soutients. Qu'ils ecrivent comment ils le sentent, que de vrais temoignages.

L'aide de senateur etais tres precieuse pour nous.

Pensais d'aider aux service consulaire dans leur travail, soyez positive et proposez tout votre participation et ouveture.

Les appels ne pas fonctionnez dans notre cas, ni les demandes de r.v.

Apres trois semaines d'effort nous avons eu notre visa et nous sommes ensemble et tres heureux.

Bonne chanche!

English Please..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Its not a denial at this point, all she said was there was some additional investigation required.

There is something in the application that Co did not like, did you mention about his previous F1 getting rejected in your application?

From what you have mentioned in the post it seems CO feels that since his previous attempt to enter US on F1 failed he is trying the marriage route to enter US.

If everything is legit and correctly mentioned on all the forms then there is nothing to be worried about.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The case will stay in Algeria during this period of administrative processing. AP is just a catch-all term that can be used to describe anything they do between the interview and visa issue. Best to keep your indignation and accusations to yourself or here on VJ. Consular Officers do not respond favorably to such behavior.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The student Visa is diff from the Spouse Visa.I am in the same show,though i am yet to submit my application.

Fight this by calling the embassy to know why he was refused.state category that u werent responsible for his intention to study(which isnt a red flag anyway).u are only interested in seeing ur man move up to u in the states.

Dont b scared,though its devastating.More energy should come from u now,cos this is d period one gets weak most.

Insha Allah,u will + response

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The student Visa is diff from the Spouse Visa.I am in the same show,though i am yet to submit my application.

Fight this by calling the embassy to know why he was refused.state category that u werent responsible for his intention to study(which isnt a red flag anyway).u are only interested in seeing ur man move up to u in the states.

Dont b scared,though its devastating.More energy should come from u now,cos this is d period one gets weak most.

Insha Allah,u will + response

Just to be clear, a fraud investigation is primarily focused on the intentions of the foreigner, not the intentions of the US Citizen petitioner. Some fraud is mutual but most is not. Clearly one of their concerns is that he applied for a student visa while in a relationship with a US Citizen. Many pertinent facts are missing from the initial post, which may or may not shed light on the problem.

They are the same age, but how old? (This pertains to whether they are of "student" age.)

They have at least been acquainted since before the student visa was applied for. For how long and how serious was the relationship? The OP says the engagement wasn't "official" but just what WAS the relationship status when the student visa was applied for? Evasive answers raise suspicion.

How did the couple meet and how did their relationship develop?

Does the foreigner have family in the USA already?

If everything is on the up and up, the visa will probably eventually be approved, but it sounds like they are investigating to rule out first, whether the student visa application was an attempt to circumvent immigration law. If it was, that's a problem. We don't have the facts but the OP does.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.