Dahlia

Visa Denied - Cairo (Age Difference)

102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiancee had an interview today at the US Embassy in Cairo visa denied due to our age difference....Did anybody have the same problems because of age difference they have to deny his visa? They told him to marry a woman in Egypt. Why do they have to question him like this. This is not the interviewer business to ask him just because of our age difference. What is the next step I could do if his visa is denied? He answered everything right, paperwork is all correct but WHY the interviewer do this to him. :(:help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is most common with MENA Consulates. The best thing to do right now is contact your Congressman/Senators. Try contacting the Chief Consular at the Consulate. If they actually do send back the case to USCIS there are a few options...they could let it expire, they can review it and send you a NOID or actually deny the case(which they would need substantial evidence to deny). The CO was not convinced which is why he was refused a visa. You could go back to Egypt and marry there. What ever road you choose be ready to bombard them. If possible get affidavits from family/friends attesting to your relationship. Good luck.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

What is the age difference between you two?

The difference in our age does not matter in this situation as we both care and love for each other. My problem is when a man is older than a woman they approved their visa but when it comes to a woman why they do not approve. I do not look like my age and he do not look young either he is 27 and more mature than any man i have meet.. My question now is WHAT IS THE NEXT THING TO DO...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

The difference in our age does not matter in this situation as we both care and love for each other. My problem is when a man is older than a woman they approved their visa but when it comes to a woman why they do not approve. I do not look like my age and he do not look young either he is 27 and more mature than any man i have meet.. My question now is WHAT IS THE NEXT THING TO DO...

Whats the age difference between you and your fiance, the next things to do is get married and apply for a spouse visa, get ready to spend lots of time in Egypt, front load your next petition with proof of relationship. and don't even bother appealing the k1 decision, it'll take forever plus they've already suspect your fiance just want to use you to come here. So the best thing is to get married to prove them wrong. This is not an "innocent until proven guilty process".

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Timeline

This is most common with MENA Consulates. The best thing to do right now is contact your Congressman/Senators. Try contacting the Chief Consular at the Consulate. If they actually do send back the case to USCIS there are a few options...they could let it expire, they can review it and send you a NOID or actually deny the case(which they would need substantial evidence to deny). The CO was not convinced which is why he was refused a visa. You could go back to Egypt and marry there. What ever road you choose be ready to bombard them. If possible get affidavits from family/friends attesting to your relationship. Good luck.

Thank you for your positiive comment. I appreciate this a lot. He was so devastated today. All his hope for me to be together just went out the window. He is a nice man answered all questions even intimidating him telling him marry an Egyptian woman. The interviewer was not friendly at all to him. I do thank you for the idea contacting the Chief Consular maybe this will be our hope...thanks

Timeline

Thank you for your positiive comment. I appreciate this a lot. He was so devastated today. All his hope for me to be together just went out the window. He is a nice man answered all questions even intimidating him telling him marry an Egyptian woman. The interviewer was not friendly at all to him. I do thank you for the idea contacting the Chief Consular maybe this will be our hope...thanks

Timeline

Whats the age difference between you and your fiance, the next things to do is get married and apply for a spouse visa, get ready to spend lots of time in Egypt, front load your next petition with proof of relationship. and don't even bother appealing the k1 decision, it'll take forever plus they've already suspect your fiance just want to use you to come here. So the best thing is to get married to prove them wrong. This is not an "innocent until proven guilty process".

This is what i was thinking too marry him there and apply for the spousal visa that is the only way i could do it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They can;t technically deny for age difference, it'll be "no bonafide relationship".

Are there any other red flags? For example, how often have you met, are you both of the same religion, do you and his family approve?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

They can;t technically deny for age difference, it'll be "no bonafide relationship".

Are there any other red flags? For example, how often have you met, are you both of the same religion, do you and his family approve?

We have met four times known him for four years, call him everyday paperwork was approved quickly, except for the visa. We same religion, family approved....this is one of the question they ask him about his family approval. I guess the only way i can do now is go back to Egypt and marry him there and go from there. I suppose this is the only way we can do it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this, many of us here on the Egypt Portal are older than our Fiance and it's very devastating that another can judge our lives. I wish you the best in whatever you choose to do.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

umm,if your age difference didnt matter,they wouldnt have denied you based on it.

so i assume your age gap is so big,youre afraid of getting judged,IF that is the case,i suggest you get married,and if possible spend a number of months together to have enough evidence to prove your marriage is bonafide.because if they denied you because the red flag the age raises,then the denial factor is still there,so you need to frontload with evidence.

to those who say they CAN NOT deny someone based on age difference...you cant tell a CO to not do something.its unusual for MENA men to go after older women ( even tho that doesnt mean there is fraud going on and the american woman is aware of it ) so it raises red flags,they are just doing damage control.

good luck OP,there is solid a solution to your problem,dont feel too low.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiancee had an interview today at the US Embassy in Cairo visa denied due to our age difference....Did anybody have the same problems because of age difference they have to deny his visa? They told him to marry a woman in Egypt. Why do they have to question him like this. This is not the interviewer business to ask him just because of our age difference. What is the next step I could do if his visa is denied? He answered everything right, paperwork is all correct but WHY the interviewer do this to him. :(:help:

Oh Dahlia I am so sorry to hear your SO had a hard time at his interview. Did the CO actually say that his visa was denied or possible given AP or AR? Did they give him any kind of document that shows exactly what was the reason?

I only ask this because it's true it is very common for having an age difference between Egyptian males and US women. This is something that is quite the norm for there.

When you apply for a K1 visa the process is usually quite faster then slows down at the embassy level. Specially with AP/AR.

There is probably more red flags that came up than just the age difference. Like had he applied for any other kind of visas before with the embassy? Or perhaps been petitioned by another person?

You can call the embassy yourself and find out what happens to your petition. Usually it is sent back to the US and stalls out until the application expires.

If you like to pm me, I will try to give you some answers that may help you.

My heart is with you. :thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.