Captain Ewok

Info on Paperwork/Forms and the Visa Interview

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Click HERE for packets you will probably get from the embassy when your petition arrives there. These are actually from Poland, but are used world-wide. :) You should practice filling out and know what to do so when you do get them in the mail, you can fill them out and send back immediately.

This is a list of Example Questions that you may be asked at your interview.

HI:

I need your help, I could not open the link for the packets to take to the Embassy for the interview . Can you please let me know how to get it as the link does not work

My interview is on Monday so pleaaaaaasssssssseeeeeee help

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I guess these documents just don't exist anymore? that's a shame; I'd really like to start getting prepared with some of this stuff...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I guess these documents just don't exist anymore? that's a shame; I'd really like to start getting prepared with some of this stuff...

Here is the correct link to the forms:

http://poland.usembassy.gov/poland/forms.html

K-1

I-129F Sent : 02-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 02-25-2008

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 07-14-2008

NVC Received : 07-18-2008

NVC Left : 07-23-2008

P2 arrives Guangzhou Customs: 07-26-2008

Consulate Receives: 09-09-2008

Packet 3 Sent : 10-02-2008

Packet 3 Received : 10-18-2008

Packet 4 Received : 10-30-2008

Interview Date : 11-26-2008

Visa Received : 12-2-2008

US Entry : 12-3-2008

Marriage : 12-12-2008

AOS

I-485 package mailed : 1-28-2009

NOA received: 2-10-2009

Biometrics: 2-14-2009

Interview: 5-13-2009

Green card received: x-xx-xxxx

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello. The link to where you can access the materials sent to the fiance by the consulate is not working. Can you give me another address to go to to find what they will be requesting from him (he's in Morocco). Thanks.

المغرب بلد جميل!

أدرس اللغة العربية منذ شهر

LOL!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hello. The link to where you can access the materials sent to the fiance by the consulate is not working. Can you give me another address to go to to find what they will be requesting from him (he's in Morocco). Thanks.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...;cty=Casablanca

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Is there anyone out there who lives in the UK and have a USA fiance who is filing for them to come to the USA to live.

I would like a list of the documents that you are asked to take with you at the interview at the USA embassy in the UK.

Hi - I need the same! I have sent off my DS-230 and the rest, now want to prep for the interview...is there anyone who can help?

I want to know: how long it will take to get an interview, and what kind of things they ask?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi - I need the same! I have sent off my DS-230 and the rest, now want to prep for the interview...is there anyone who can help?

I want to know: how long it will take to get an interview, and what kind of things they ask?

Thanks

Here is the link to the Embassy info...

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

Here is the link to example questions...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=exampleq

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

• 4 months later...

Quick question:

Since I am new to the forum, I was just wondering.... is the interview conducted in English or in the Native language? My fiance's English is not very good, and I am a little concerned about the interview. We just sent in the packet, but I would like for him to be prepared.

129F - K1 - Timeline:

9/18/2008 - Sent out K1 Packet

9/19/2008 - Packet received - CSC

9/22/2008 - NOA 1

9/23/2008 - Check Cashed

9/24/2008 - NOA 1 Hardcopy Received

1/13/2009 - Touch

1/14/2009 - NOA 2 via email

1/20/2009 - NOA 2 via USPS

1/20/2009 - arrived at NVC

1/23/2009 - left NVC

1/26/2009 - arrived at US Embassy in Sarajevo

2/02/2009 - Packet 3 received

2/05/2009 - Medical Scheduled - Passed

2/10/2009 - Interview - PASSED!!

2/14/2009 - POE: Chicago ORD

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I just received the confirmation letter that my file made it to the NVC. It only took about 3 days from my NVC-2 arriving and this letter arriving.

My question is I think I made a big mistake, I am now looking at the part on VJ where it tells me what to send my fiancee. I notice it says ORIGINALS of everything. Now, I don't recall what paper I worked off of when I sent the originals to her way back when I sent the inital I-129F to California but nonetheless that is history. I have an extra original birth certificate and can get an extra divorce decree. She has an extra divorce decree that is notarized and stamped in colored ink. The only thing I am not sure of are the pictures. They already have lots of copies of our white background passport style photos. Plus they will get more with each copy of the file. I will copy them once more and put them in the copy of my I-129F and will duplicate that to put in there if it is needed. I don't remember seeing anywhere it is called for. I will have to go to the courthouse and get an extra copy of my divorce. (I knew I should have got an extra) This time I am getting 4 more copies of the file but I want to be sure I am copying the proper versions. Really, no originals are needed because they are all copies. I think I was supposed to hold onto the originals to send to her now. Well, I will send my originals now and everything should be fine. Right?

Originals sent:

1. My divorce

2. My Birth Certificate

Originals she has:

1. Her divorce and notarized letter that the translation is authentic.

2. Her birth certificate

Also, I will send a copy of my Passport and Visa for when I visited her.

I will have to pick out the pictures and reprint them. I have them digitally saved.

So, if anyone can see an original I am missing, please tell me. I hope to get this off within a week from Friday. That would be 2/6/09.

Thank you in advance for your help and good luck to all you good people.

George (Qiao Zhi in Chinese Pinyin)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

We got the packet from our laywer via email. Once all the forms are done my fiance will take them to the embassy. Once they get the forms any idea on when we will find out when the acutal interview is ? Also our lawyer has all the paperwork we sent for USCIS. I hope he doesn't have to bring that with him. How will the embassy know we already paid for all the fees accept the 131.00 and his medical exam ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Here is a NEW version of the ULTIMATE STUDY GUIDE FOR K-1 K-3 VISA INTERVIEWS with quite a few more FUN questions! Enjoy! :wow::bonk:

ULTIMATE_STUDY_GUIDE_K_1_K_3_VISA_INTERVIEW_04_18_2009.doc

My heart has adopted every shape.

It has become a pasture for gazelles,

And a convent for Christian monks,

And a temple for idols,

And a pilgrim's Ka'ba,

The tables of a Torah,

And the pages of a Qu'ran.

I follow the religion of love.

Wherever love's camels turn,

There love is my religion and my faith.

Ibn al'Arabi, "Tarjuman al-Ashwak" (13th century)

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

well I see it is an old story

already reported in 2007

Click HERE for packets you will probably get from the embassy when your petition arrives there. These are actually from Poland, but are used world-wide. :) You should practice filling out and know what to do so when you do get them in the mail, you can fill them out and send back immediately.

"HERE" DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

Edited by Frenchwife

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

here the link to find documents needed for each country

a department of state link

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3742.html

link below was for polnad and actually does not work anymore

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.