bubpce

What can be done to put pressure on VSC?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Ok ...This is really getting frustrating for everyone here. I am a December filer, and we are waiting on our turn as everyone else here but come on, people who filed in September still hasnt been approved?! Whats up with that? That is just crazy. How can CSC work on January and February filers, and VSC is not working on anything right now. Did anyone saw a petition being approved here yesterday? I, for one , didnt ! VSC is getting over the edge with their slow work. Its not even slow anymore, its simply not happening.

My fiance and I did the whole tweeting thing but it looks like it didnt help at all. So, come on people ... What can we do to start putting pressure on Vermont. People here are starting to cancel their weddings because of them. An action must be taken and we must speak so we can be heard.

Please, let us find a way out from this situation that Vermont has put us all in.

Anyone who has a suggestion, anyone who has an idea ... type it down and post it, and lets find a solution for this problem.

As individuals maybe we cant make a big difference, and maybe we cant make them hear us, but as a group, we sure can!!!!

Come on , lets take come action! Its about time

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery !!!

Gjo3p2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now I know it is frustrating. We waited 178 days at USCIS in Vermont so I understand the wait. however, to be fair, those of us on VJ represent such a small percent of petitions at USCIS. Not to even mention the plethora of other non-family based petitions waiting there. So I am sure they have their hands full and just because you didn't see any yesterday, does not mean that it isn't happening

I know the wait really stinks - I went through it, I get it. Have you contacted a senator? congressman? You can't really do anything as you filed in December and are still within posted 'normal processing times' but perhaps the congressman route is the best

Good luck to all

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

I know we are still in the processing time, but i wasnt asking about our case. We are willing to wait for our time to come, but the processing time is getting longer and longer. Why those who have filed in September havent been approved yet (even the VJ members?). October? ... How can CSC work on January and February and Vermont is still stuck on September? Im sure that they share those files, so its not like all of them go to Vermont. So the problem is at Vermont ... CSC is doing their job, but on the other hand, Vermont isnt. People dont even get an RFE before 6 months anymore, which means, for 6 months, those files havent been even touched.

If Vermont cant do the job, then its about time they start sending files to other centers cause its really not right to see the difference between VSC and CSC, both under USCIS, and completely different in the way and the ability to do their work.

Gjo3p2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from ROC to K1 (fiance) visa forum as posts discussing the VSC delay for this visa *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Its only 90 days...... USCIS is a govt dept, they have their set process and procedures, they are not some private company that can make changes to work efficently.

USCIS is a govt dept, which means they have to document lot of things they do so ppl cannot come back an dsue them and also they have to do a lot of validation work, pulling your data, your spouse's data and making sure there is no fraud going on.

With number of ppl waiting in line to enter the country and way ppl come up with creative ways to go around the laws they do need some time.

Its just not your application they are working on, they got thousands and thousands of other application of ppl who have applied in all other various categories as well who has been waiting for over 7-8 years or longer, so have patience and your turn will come... :)

What actions we can take? I don't know. I really am unhappy with the situation too; but I don't know if there's anything we can do. It's frustrating.

However, on the topic of Vermont. There were some people who were approved in the last couple of days, they were just late in putting their information in. Igor's list was stuck on the 23rd for a while, but there's been more added in the last day or two.

Checking the USCIS website, Vermont had been declining in their number of approvals since June of 2010. Seriously, the number of approvals has been shrinking from June all the way to December. It is kind of depressing to look at it. However, January showed a definite increase in the number of approvals. Maybe, just maybe, Vermont is starting to turn things around.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I know we are still in the processing time, but i wasnt asking about our case. We are willing to wait for our time to come, but the processing time is getting longer and longer. Why those who have filed in September havent been approved yet (even the VJ members?). October? ... How can CSC work on January and February and Vermont is still stuck on September? Im sure that they share those files, so its not like all of them go to Vermont. So the problem is at Vermont ... CSC is doing their job, but on the other hand, Vermont isnt. People dont even get an RFE before 6 months anymore, which means, for 6 months, those files havent been even touched.

If Vermont cant do the job, then its about time they start sending files to other centers cause its really not right to see the difference between VSC and CSC, both under USCIS, and completely different in the way and the ability to do their work.

I am not sure if they share files. I was under the impression its just divided by whichever state you live in regardless of the load one center gets over the other. I am sure maybe if CSC had like 2 applications they might take some extra :hehe:

9/13/2010 I-29f sent to Texas

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

3/23/2011 Service request put in

3/30/2011 NOA2 finally!!!!

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

4/13/2011 NVC mailed packet to Guanzhou

5/5/2011 Consulate received packet

5/09/2011 Constulate mailed P3

6/15ish/2011 received P4

7/1/2011 Interview. Approved!!!

We had this problem 2 years ago when we were going for our CR-1. As you can see from my signature, it took us a long, long time to get approval. Everyone was in the same boat.

I think what might have helped USCIS decide to redistribute applications among other sites (so yes, they can move applications to other USCIS locations) were the numerous queries coming from local congressmen. So contact your local officials and ask them to please look into your case to determine the hold-up. It can't hurt though I also can't guarantee that it will help.

Edited by MsZ

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Timeline

Im not just talking about my case. We are only waiting for 3 months, and our hope for noa2 fade away when we saw all the petitioners before us who hasnt been approved yet, so we know its going to be a looong wait. But its really sad to see other members here who are waiting over 6 months and still nothing. I know they are all trying to keep their faith and hope high, but i also saw members who are being worried that they wont make it on time for their wedding.

When we were applying for this process, we went with k1 only because it was supposed to be shorter. Its one thing to get ready for 5-6 months waiting time, and its completely another when you have to wait for over 7 months, and no one has told you that before you applied.

I understand the goverment system, but if they cant handle all the cases they are receiving, maybe they should change things into their system of work. Again, how can CSC be at January ... and Vermont is stuck in time.

And its been like that for quite a while. Like one member here said, the number of approved cases has been dropping for few months now and nothing has been changed. The last approved case in Vermont is from September..... the last approved case from California is from February .... that is one big difference there.

Gjo3p2.png

Im not just talking about my case. <snip>

But since you can only inquire about your own case, as soon as you've given it sufficient time, contact your Congressman. If everyone who is waiting 6 months or more does this, you've got a chance of making a difference in *everyone's* timeline.

Good luck, all. This part is the hardest but you'll get through it. VJ makes it easier since you're not alone. But I know it is still rough.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

DS-230 sent 10/2

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

Don't they give a 6 month timeline? Back in 2008 when I applied...it took 10 months. It was awful, so they've definitely sped up the process for sure.

If after 6-7 months you don't hear a thing, then contact your Congressman.

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

And imagine if we didn't have VJ to guide us! People who do it without knowing all of the shortcuts must have taken ages for approval.<br><br>My Congressman (then in NY) made two inquiries on our case and I believe that they helped.<br>

Edited by MsZ

DS-230 sent 10/2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We had this problem 2 years ago when we were going for our CR-1. As you can see from my signature, it took us a long, long time to get approval. Everyone was in the same boat.

I think what might have helped USCIS decide to redistribute applications among other sites (so yes, they can move applications to other USCIS locations) were the numerous queries coming from local congressmen. So contact your local officials and ask them to please look into your case to determine the hold-up. It can't hurt though I also can't guarantee that it will help.

Brilliant logic if you want to slow things down to a crawl. Instead of actually processing the files and approving them you are advocating people distract workers and that USCIS now become involved full time in responding to congressional inquiries into where in the process the files are? Seems like it would be counterproductive. In fact I know it is.

Edited by Sergi9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok ...This is really getting frustrating for everyone here. I am a December filer, and we are waiting on our turn as everyone else here but come on, people who filed in September still hasnt been approved?! Whats up with that? That is just crazy. How can CSC work on January and February filers, and VSC is not working on anything right now. Did anyone saw a petition being approved here yesterday? I, for one , didnt ! VSC is getting over the edge with their slow work. Its not even slow anymore, its simply not happening.

My fiance and I did the whole tweeting thing but it looks like it didnt help at all. So, come on people ... What can we do to start putting pressure on Vermont. People here are starting to cancel their weddings because of them. An action must be taken and we must speak so we can be heard.

Please, let us find a way out from this situation that Vermont has put us all in.

Anyone who has a suggestion, anyone who has an idea ... type it down and post it, and lets find a solution for this problem.

As individuals maybe we cant make a big difference, and maybe we cant make them hear us, but as a group, we sure can!!!!

Come on , lets take come action! Its about time

Anyone who has had to "cancel a wedding" has no one to blame but themselves. Its clear on every Embassy Website not to buy tickets, make plans, quit jobs or sell personal items until the VISA has been approved. Even if VSC "speeds up" there is no garauntee the VISA will be issued by the Consulate. If you plan a wedding before you prove your bonafides to the Consular you are asking for trouble.

Its simple logic. Either the adjudicator is approving petitions or he is on the phone or in the hall or otherwise "answering" to someone who is running down a Congressional inquiry on a file which he/she happens to have checked out. Congressionals are time sensitive and they have to be responded to.

There is certainly no way that barraging the USCIS with phone calls, congressional inquiries and emails and info-pass appointments will "speed things up" for everyone. If that makes me a "troll" so be it.

I don't know. I can envision my petition sitting in a box somewhere; just gathering dust.

Then, perhaps after a phone call from a congressman to an administrator, an adjudicator is instructed to find my petition, blow away all the dust, and get to work on it. I'm not sure how that slows the process down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.