Up in the Sky

Posting comment and deleting option

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tech help,

If I made a post or a comment on VJ, can I delete it or is it permanent on VJ forum?

04/06/11 Automatic recorder on the NVC machine stated that my package was received this date and have to wait 6-8 weeks for next responds

04/16/11 RFE issing my spouse passport biopage

04/18/11 Email back the missing paperwork for NVC

04/19/11 Email from NVC they recieved the RFE I sent.

04/20/11 Spoke with NVC they say have to wait 20days for change

05/16/11 Spoke with NVC they say "case is complete, and that their interview appointment is full for June- to call back in June 17 for a interview appointment time for July most likely."

05/16/11 SIF on the payment portal website

05/20/11 Interview letter arrived via email for June 15 interview date in Guz

06/13/11 Medical Test today

06/15/11 Doc intake

06/16/11 Interview day waited for my wife at the embassy

06/16/11 APPROVE

06/18/11 Visa in her hand at China post office

6/23/11 Land in US at San Francisco airport

7/11/11 Waiting for her SSN card, received her Green Card Already

No, you cannot delete, but only edit your comments. You can, however, request that the comment be removed by a Moderator.

Usually, they will remove a post at its author's request.

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

A member may request his/her post(s) be removed if they choose. Simply report the post in question or (if multiple posts) report one and ask one of us to contact you for further details.

For more information, see Nuking and Archiving. in our Terms of Service.

** Topic may be more appropriate in Site Discussion (rather than IR1 Procedures); moving thread there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just as a further clarification - you can edit any of your own posts for up to 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes have passed, what is there, remains there :) - unless, of course, you request a moderator to remove the post.

If, during those 5 minutes, you change your mind and delete the content of the thread, just write 'nm' which means 'never mind' - the post will remain with your name but the contents will be gone and it won't show up as an empty post. If you are starting a thread and decide to remove the contents of your post within the 5 minutes, you are still stuck with the title you have chosen as the topic for the thread. A moderator can address that situation as well.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Just as a further clarification - you can edit any of your own posts for up to 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes have passed, what is there, remains there :) - unless, of course, you request a moderator to remove the post.

If, during those 5 minutes, you change your mind and delete the content of the thread, just write 'nm' which means 'never mind' - the post will remain with your name but the contents will be gone and it won't show up as an empty post. If you are starting a thread and decide to remove the contents of your post within the 5 minutes, you are still stuck with the title you have chosen as the topic for the thread. A moderator can address that situation as well.

Also, can't organizers edit their posts with no time limit at all?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know Moderators are not limited to the 5 minute edit restriction as we often need to go and update a post related to our moderation responsibilities (eg. thread closed for review . . . thread re-opened after review and TOS offending posts removed, etc.). I don't recall whether Organizers have the 5 minute editing limitation or not. Regardless, the OP was asking a general membership related question and I responded to that question.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yes

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Oh, the 5 minutes is good to know, thanks for the info! :)

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

There was an organizer who has since been stripped of that job who notoriously would go back and change her posts to avoid looking foolish. :whistle:

Timeline

There was an organizer who has since been stripped of that job who notoriously would go back and change her posts to avoid looking foolish. :whistle:

There is a poster on VJ who deliberately and notoriously utters mendacity after mendacity and then notoriously claims to be the victim of some nefarious plot to have him banned. Of course, if he told the truth instead of making notoriously bald assertions that have no basis in fact he might not be the notorious pariah he is today. whistling.gif

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

UFmXi.jpg

tumbleweed.gif

ZIVQL.gif

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Nice try at trolling there. You seem to have an aversion to the truth, you should get that looked at.

I humbly defer to your seniority in this respect. You are the master of trolling while I am a mere amateur. Perhaps, one day, if I emulate you, I too can be the head of my own troll army of sycophants. I suppose that I will have to change my avatar to one that gives fair warning to all of my prowess in that regard. Eventually my idle speculations and pejorations will be seen in the light of day by all fair-minded individuals for what they are and I will be forced to live under bridges and visit my odium on others in the few obscure forums from which I have not been banished.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif