47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My heart went out to those who were in Egypt the second they closed the consulate. I don't know how you guys stay so strong in the fact of so much uncertainty. IT must be really hard. Truly, I feel like I have no right to complain when I hear about delays that must be much more nerve-wracking than a run-of-the-mill delay that everyone is experiencing.

But I have to say, I never really understand why people always say "oh, the VSC and the CSC flip back and forth, you'll see, it all evens out..." Because the fact is, the average time at either center has NEVER been as long as it is now - and VSC is way longer at this particularly brutal time. Before, when VSC was "ahead" everyone was still getting approved in about 3 months!

Before 5 months, this was bearable. I waited and I honestly didn't complain. It's only been after 5 months that I basically lost my sanity. So, the difference between the 5 months average that it is taking the CSC and the 6 + months it is now taking the VSC is HUGE. The bottom line is that if you get your NOA2 in less than 5 months, you really can't complain.

Thank you for your words. I just got home from a 2 month stay in Egypt, when I originally went beginning of January Ahmed and I both truly believed he would have his interview date before I left. Then the revolution started, it became a double edged sword for all of us waitng. We celebrated the victory the Egyptian people won, yet our hearts ached with the newfound knowledge of the Embassy closure. I really didnt mean to be rude to the OP (SORRY), but really it is upsetting to see so many complain of waiting the 5 months, I could understand if after 5 months they hadn't recieved NOA2, but come on 3 months??? We waited for 6 months for NOA2, then another month for NVC, now we wait with no timeframe for an interview and the real possibility of the much dreaded AP, as I said many of you here complaining of the wait time may in fact be on U.S. soil before my husband and other Egyptians awaiting the visa will even have an interview. SO CHEER UP FOLKS ATLEAST YOUR NOT IN THE SHOES OF THE EGYPTIAN PEOPLE AND THEIR SPOUSES! I wish you all a speedy journey and best wishs for you and your SO.

Amber

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Here's my speculation. Government office has been given a mission to maintain a specified processing time. Government office struggles to meet mission. Government office processes newer applications to "massage" office performance.

I personaly don't buy the theory that well prepared applications will be processed faster (as has been eluded to in these forums). How can one application be processed in 25 or 50 days when another application that has no RFE's can take 200 + days. The rule may be "first come first serve" but that rule ain't hard and fast.

Yes thats a good guess ... from the Adjudicators Manual:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-1067/0-0-0-1749.html#0-0-0-292

I suppose that the following covers that possibility?

"USCIS -wide policy pertaining to the type of application or petition being filed, such as The USCIS Director's fiscal year priority that backlogs in a given type of application or petition be reduced to a specified level;"

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I received my NOA 1 since the end of Nov and waiting for NOA 2. I've check the status every SINGLE day but they obviously haven't even touch my file yet I assumed. I do worried as much as you V & J but let's say you are not the only one and I pray for everybody to get theirs and to be with their loved one :) Chin up

Hang in there good folks,,,imagine if they made you wait twice,,,like they did me and my wife....Our first petition was k-1...

Noa1-2010-01-06 Noa2-2010-27-10

Nvc recieve 2010-02-11

Ds-3032 e-mailed 2010-03-11

Recieved Aos bill 2010-05-11

Paid Aos bill 2010-05-11

Sent Aos -n- IV 2010-07-11

Aos accepted 2010-17-11

Paid IV bill 2010-11-11

RFD 2010-??-12 They want the green NBI police clearance

not the one from the local municipal

Nvc received RFD response and avr back to review 2010-16-12 (Some reason it now says received RFD 2010-30-12)

Sif 2010-N/a

Sif 2011-04-01

Case complete 2011-05-01 Wow a real Journey

Interview date notification Feb 20th,,2011

Interview Feb 4th,,,2011 8:30 a.m. Only two weeks from Notification Date

Medical Jan 31st

Approved Feb 4th Only three questions!!!

Visa recieved Feb 10th

Landed on American soil Feb 12th

VSC pls. hurry up... lots of people here are waiting.... we are in our 140 days today since NOA1.... and still no NOA2.... :(:crying::crying:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am December 2010 too and not complaining on my timeline yet but have had two of the ten in my fiancee visa group in Bangkok who applied in January 2011 and February 2011 after us already received their NOA2. All are from CSC.

SammyD, we never see you in the Dec 2010 K1 Thread? How come? Here's the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287508-december-filers/page__st__615

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Yes thats a good guess ... from the Adjudicators Manual:

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-1067/0-0-0-1749.html#0-0-0-292

I suppose that the following covers that possibility?

"USCIS -wide policy pertaining to the type of application or petition being filed, such as The USCIS Director's fiscal year priority that backlogs in a given type of application or petition be reduced to a specified level;"

I don't think approving new applicants right away will reduced your backlog. The backlog will still be there because your not approving them. It will however reduce the averages, which your not really solving the backlog problem but skewing the averages to show the the timeline to review and approve petitions is within specified level.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

All, I guess thats just another perc from this site---the chance to vent! We all know that in a perfect world, the applications would be processed in order. Of course you need to know that some of the files expedited may be more than justified. Medical conditions, military personnel, etc...... The waiting definitely SUCKS none the less. I look at some timelines where couples have been waiting since August! Hopefully we will not have to wait as long. Good luck to all!

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

08/04/2010 In Love and starting the process

10/21/2010 My first trip to Brazil, Wonderful time

11/15/2010 Sent application for K1

11/22/2010 Application received Vermont Service Center

11/24/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil. Just cannot stay away for too long

12/01/2010 Recieved NOA1 The countdown begins

12/30/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil--Spending New Years Eve with my baby :)

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

05/12/2011 NOA2 Hardcopy received

05/17/2011 NVC Received file

05/19/2011 Consulate Received

06/14/2011 Interview-----APPROVED

06/22/2011 POE Aruba, on the way to Washington DC

as1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA.gif

http://www.ticker.7910.org/dtas1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA

Timeline

I agree with you and I could understand you very much.

actually we've been waiting for NOA2 since Dec 15th.

tooooooooooooooooooo slow!!!!!

I sometimes feel that they don't check our papers that we sent completely because I'm Japanese....

Do they check the race? I'm worring about it.....

Tsuwa and Ric, Please come and join the Dec 2010 k1 Thread. Here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287508-december-filers/page__st__615

And btw, I don't think they put you aside because you're Japanese, so don't worry about that my friend.

Mari

Timeline

From the Igor's list for Vermont service centre, it seems December filers have been completely forgotten as if they are not part of the petitioners here. Looking at the graph while petitions in other months are being processed rapidly even February, December is completely dormant. :(

How fair is it that those that filed in January and February are being rapidly approved and some people are waiting for 6/7months :crying: for same approval when it only takes 10/15 mins to approve a petition.

I know my journey just began nevertheless, I have been waiting patiently and happy for those getting approval knowing fully well that its is first-come -first-serve basis till that time when I will receive my own approval. However, after seeing all these (especially Jan and Feb approval ), I couldn't help but begin to wounder what is actually going on.

I am glad that others are succeeding but shouldn't it be in order :innocent:

I guess it might be too early for me to start venting and getting anxious knowing that I still got more months ahead. All the same i wish someone with inside information would enlighten me on why this is so

Chillax ... there are still people from July and August that haven't got their NOA2 yet. They didn't forget us Decemberites, they just haven't got to the boxes yet. Look, Sept - Nov haven't completed and rightly so. December has at least 2 - 2.5 mos left on the 5 mos USCIS goal time. I can't say about the random Jan & Feb NOA2 that have come through. You know, let's just congratulate them no matter what! If it were you, wouldn't you want best wishes vs. complaints from your fellow VJ'ers? We are are in the same boat waiting patiently.

They're coming sooner or later, OK?

Keep busy and help your Beneficiary get that Packet 2 together... or you can always go to the Groom To Be Website so you're not a Groomzilla! :lol:

Mari :thumbs:

I am December 2010 too and not complaining on my timeline yet but have had two of the ten in my fiancee visa group in Bangkok who applied in January 2011 and February 2011 after us already received their NOA2. All are from CSC.

SammyD, I know one of those was a military expedite. The other I do not know if it was an expedite or not. I am a September filer and it took almost 5 months for my NOA2.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You just gotta keep telling yourself you are only waiting a short while to be together for the rest of your life!

I do know what you mean though, it's been 4 long months TODAY. I have also found there is no fairness when it comes to this process. One member *MET* his fiance online in December 2010, met in person and mailed the I129F in January, and got approved in February. There's absolutely no fairness in that.... I had already filed my application before these jokers even knew the other exisited!!!! I know the blame isn't on those people, but on the service center. If these applications only take 15 minutes, why is there such a back up??!?!

Amidst all the waiting, I find it sobering to browse through the "Major Family Changes in Immigration Benefits" section of this website.

Many of the sob stories there got me thinking that USCIS is inadvertently offering a good opportunity for many long-distance couples, especially those who've met online and known each other only for quite a short while (present company included), to spend a little more time knowing the other person. This process takes a lot out of people that we sometimes tend to get fixated on what is just a means to an end.

These months of agony is just gonna be a short blip in the relative eternity of time you're gonna be spending as a couple.That's why I don't envy those people who got their approvals within only two or three months of knowing that each other exists. Of course, they could still end up being happy ever after. Just speaking for myself.

Grace

My heart went out to those who were in Egypt the second they closed the consulate. I don't know how you guys stay so strong in the fact of so much uncertainty. IT must be really hard. Truly, I feel like I have no right to complain when I hear about delays that must be much more nerve-wracking than a run-of-the-mill delay that everyone is experiencing.

But I have to say, I never really understand why people always say "oh, the VSC and the CSC flip back and forth, you'll see, it all evens out..." Because the fact is, the average time at either center has NEVER been as long as it is now - and VSC is way longer at this particularly brutal time. Before, when VSC was "ahead" everyone was still getting approved in about 3 months!

Before 5 months, this was bearable. I waited and I honestly didn't complain. It's only been after 5 months that I basically lost my sanity. So, the difference between the 5 months average that it is taking the CSC and the 6 + months it is now taking the VSC is HUGE. The bottom line is that if you get your NOA2 in less than 5 months, you really can't complain.

I keep seeing this on here, and it's just not true. There have been plenty of times where the average wait was over 3 months. When we applied, it was taking on average about 5-6 months. We got approved really quickly for that time period--it was when things started picking up. I was at CSC, and at that time VSC was way faster. I'm not sure where people are getting this information about the max ever being 3 months, but it's just straight up not true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I keep seeing this on here, and it's just not true. There have been plenty of times where the average wait was over 3 months. When we applied, it was taking on average about 5-6 months. We got approved really quickly for that time period--it was when things started picking up. I was at CSC, and at that time VSC was way faster. I'm not sure where people are getting this information about the max ever being 3 months, but it's just straight up not true.
No kidding, si man (sigh, man).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.