florinaRO

I couldn't sleep because of this possible Government shutdown !

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You are exactly wrong.

A shutdown would occur if there were no budget passed. Obama is saying he will veto the budget that is proposed from the House; therefore resulting in a shutdown. Of course, we're not at that point now, but it won't hurt for people to pay attention to what's going on.

they dont have to pass a new budget, they can just agree to run the govt for next 3 months based on the last passed budget, basically an extension for the budget, and then govt runs fine till that date arrives.

and yes even though uscis/nvc are self funded they still need the federal budget to run. For instance even if they receive a billion dollars in fees, if their budget to run is a few million dollars the federal govt has to approve it, they cant dig into their billion dollars. Hence govt shut down will cease all uscis/nvc activity.

basically hopefully everything goes fine....or we all have a loooong wait

they dont have to pass a new budget, they can just agree to run the govt for next 3 months based on the last passed budget, basically an extension for the budget, and then govt runs fine till that date arrives.

basically hopefully everything goes fine....or we all have a loooong wait

Yeah.. they can do an extension while they (hopefully) come to an agreement. But to think that if Obama vetoes the budget it solves the problem is wrong information.

And I'm with you, I hope they work things out because too many people have already waited too long.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No matter what they do, it still requires a majority vote in both houses and Obama's signature, and right now the Rep and Dem are having a pissing contest on what to cut, a dangerous game of chicken as they gamble with our country.

What do they care?

1. They still get their fat salaries and mondo benefits.

2. They don't have fiances exiled in other countries.

You mean the shutdown hasn't happened yet? :o

You would never know it by the lack of activity at the Vermont Disservice Center.

It looks to me like they abandoned that place 5 months ago. :yes:

And 5 months ago was the last time I had a good night's sleep anyway.

Thats funny Al - They have not shut down the place as yet :lol: --they are on a ''Go-Slow'' . :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

How can a veto by Obama stop the shutdown? It requires a budget passed by both chambers and signed by Obama to stop it.

Blocked huh?

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

The Office of Management and Budget on Tuesday issued a statement indicating that Mr. Obama will veto the CR bill as it stands, saying that the bill "proposes cuts that would sharply undermine core government functions and investments key to economic growth and job creation, and would reduce funding for the Department of Defense to a level that would leave the Department without the resources and flexibility needed to meet vital military requirements."

Republicans seem to be taking the message to heart. House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) said yesterday that if Democrats and Republicans can't come to some sort of agreement, Congress will resort to passing temporary funding measures rather than allow for a government shutdown.

I see you guys do A LOT of research.

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Do people only read and post things to stir up the hive? President Obama has already officially stated that he will veto this proposal that would in fact cause the shutdown. Therefor... no shutdown.

You are reading wrong. An Obama VETO of the bill will CAUSE the shut down. Obama is actually promising to CAUSE a government shut down if he does not get his way. In order to AVOID a government shut down, BOTH house of congress must approve a spending bill and Obama must SIGN the bill to make it law. A VETO is a refusl to sign it.

The Democrats (Obama) have every intent in shutting down the government.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Wait a minute...

If the government shuts down, couldn't you just go ahead and have your SO fly over here? I mean, there wouldn't be anybody to check status, control the airplanes, nothing. The govt. would not exist anymore, right?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Wait a minute...

If the government shuts down, couldn't you just go ahead and have your SO fly over here? I mean, there wouldn't be anybody to check status, control the airplanes, nothing. The govt. would not exist anymore, right?

ha ha ha !!!!

That is very funny , you made my day !!!

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Government shutdown? That's not what would happen

WASHINGTON (AP) - There's a lot of talk about a potential government shutdown if the budget impasse continues between Republicans and Democrats.

But here's the little secret. The government doesn't shut down. Not most of it, anyway.

Social Security checks would go out, and the troops would remain at post. Furloughed federal workers probably would get paid, though not until later. And virtually every essential government agency, like the FBI, the border patrol and the Coast Guard, would remain open.

Fewer than half of the 2.1 million federal workers subject to a shutdown would be forced off the job if the Obama administration followed the path taken by his predecessors. And that's not counting 600,000 Postal Service employees or 1.6 million uniformed military personnel exempt from a shutdown.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9LJB91O0&show_article=1

Timeline

You are reading wrong. An Obama VETO of the bill will CAUSE the shut down. Obama is actually promising to CAUSE a government shut down if he does not get his way. In order to AVOID a government shut down, BOTH house of congress must approve a spending bill and Obama must SIGN the bill to make it law. A VETO is a refusl to sign it.

The Democrats (Obama) have every intent in shutting down the government.

Where have you been? I haven't seen you in forever.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!