brucelene

got denied after 3 yrs and 8 months of waiting..

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day guys. We are under AWA. and after 3 yrs and 8 months of waiting, both i129f and i130 denied.

Guys, they send as denial letter and we have till March 10 to appeal. Hubby will going to take the polygraph test and will gather the paperwork. Guys, please we need your opinions and advise.

The main question we would like to ask is ,

Do we need to appeal both i130 and i129f or just one petition? Please guys need your help badly. :help: :help:

Brucelene

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day guys. We are under AWA. and after 3 yrs and 8 months of waiting, both i129f and i130 denied.

Guys, they send as denial letter and we have till March 10 to appeal. Hubby will going to take the polygraph test and will gather the paperwork. Guys, please we need your opinions and advise.

Do we need to appeal both i130 and i129f or just one petition? Please guys need your help badly. :help: :help:

Brucelene

So sorry to hear that. I am assuming you went for the K-3 visa. What was the reason you were denied? You should get your congresspersons involved right away.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to the I-601 AP forum... This is not a K-1 IMBRA topic...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Brucelene

What is AWA? What did the first denial letter say?

What did the 2nd denial letter say?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What is AWA? What did the first denial letter say?

What did the 2nd denial letter say?

Adam Walsh Act.

http://en.wikipedia...._and_Safety_Act

Has to do with protecting spouse or step child from potential abuse by US citizen petitioner if the US Citizen has a record of abuse, or sex offenses.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Outrageous of USCIS to make you wait almost 4 years before telling you they wanted more evidence. What really needs to be done is a class action lawsuit, if 2 adults make a decision to marry they should have the right to be together.

If a sex offender marries someone in his /her own country, its not like it has to be pre-approved by any government organization or anyone for that matter.

Edited by Adam and Thet

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Tell that to your senator, it was the US government that passed this law, it has good intentions to protect unsuspecting immigrants from US citizen sexual preditors. Do the crime then suffer the consequences. I have no sympathy for sexual predators

Example of what could happen before the law.

http://candleforlove...showtopic=18398 (Did the visa so that can continue their sex habit on the step child.)

Do keep in mind not everyone on AWA is a sexual predator. I can understand if a Man or Women molested a child, and they try to petition a spouse that has a small child over , I could understand having to show extra proof etc.

But when 2 adults near the same age with no children get married and file , I don't see any reason to discriminate against them.

In the usa , no laws or rules discriminate against any Sex Offender marrying a usa citizen, no checks , or anything.

So this rule only hurts the spouses and families of AWA filers.

I dont think many other countries of the world would treat its citizens this way

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Tell that to your senator, it was the US government that passed this law, it has good intentions to protect unsuspecting immigrants from US citizen sexual preditors. Do the crime then suffer the consequences. I have no sympathy for sexual predators

Example of what could happen before the law.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18398 (Did the visa so that can continue their sex habit on the step child.)

That is some story!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

That is some story!

If peeing behind a dumpster or on a tree gets you on the list, since I lived in the Philippines for 19 years, I am definitely in trouble.

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

And you think that AWA and the Registries only affect Sexual Predators?

If only it were that simple.

Did you realize that the following have got people on the Registry:

• Peeing in your own backyard at 1 in the morning
  • Mooning another adult
  • Grabbing the arm of a kid who ran in front of your car (as you were moving in traffic).
  • Skinny Dipping
  • Walking from your bathroom to your bedroom naked after a shower (neighbor kid looking in your window)
  • 18 year old boy having sex with 16 or 17 year old girlfriend
  • Drunk, peeing behind a dumpster in an alley

Further, some states are putting kids as young as 10 on the list!

Don't equate AWA with punishing Sexual Predators because it casts a wide net that ensnares more who shouldn't be that who should. Why aren't sex crime rates dropping if the List and other such bogus laws are working?

The one part they got right was the Disclosure of petitioner's past criminal record and that's not even part of AWA, it's part of IMBRA! If you want to get around that just marry her and IMBRA doesn't apply!

The intent of the law is good but it obviously needs to be refined! I am glad our government seeks to avoid subjecting anyone to the brutalities potentially inflicted by sexual predators!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There have been people that have AWA issues that have been approved. So it isn't an automatic denial. As a woman that is a child molestation survivor I think that having to totally prove that you will no long harm anyone is a small thing to ask of the animals that fall under this act. I am sure any of the tree/dumpster peeing people could get the wavier ( if they are truly on the sex offender list and not some urban legend ) If having every person go through this would save one child from having the same happen to them then I think every person should have to go through the same process, however the US government has chosen to only apply this process to those with an abusive history.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Do keep in mind not everyone on AWA is a sexual predator. I can understand if a Man or Women molested a child, and they try to petition a spouse that has a small child over , I could understand having to show extra proof etc.

But when 2 adults near the same age with no children get married and file , I don't see any reason to discriminate against them.

Really? You don't think that your sister, or neighbour has the right to have THEIR children protected from a sex offender?

In the usa , no laws or rules discriminate against any Sex Offender marrying a usa citizen, no checks , or anything.

You are correct but they already live in the US. They are already (likely) registered sex offenders in the US. You are asking for the special privilege of the immigration of a criminal... stop thinking about it as just "marriage". It's immigration. You want to marry them and move to their country, the US doesn't care. It isn't about the marriage, it's immigration.

So this rule only hurts the spouses and families of AWA filers.

Wrong. This rule HELPS many millions of people and protects them from the stupid narrow minded decisions of someone who thinks they know someone better than they do. The person might be changed, but if they're not, you are wanting to import a criminal and subject them to your family/friends and that person you walked past down the street.

I dont think many other countries of the world would treat its citizens this way

The US isn't stopping you from MARRYING this person, it's stopping you from immigrating them.. and yes, MANY other countries all over the world WOULD care and stop the immigration of a criminal.

The problem is you're only thinking about YOU and YOUR family. How about the kids in your neighbourhood? Or the girl down at the country store who closes late at night? Sure there are evil people in the US but you're asking for permission to allow said evil person immigrate to another country. Fresh new "victims" for them.

As someone else said it could be peeing outside (exposure) and so the waiver would be pretty easy, but I sure hope sex offenders are given a hard time and not allowed to immigrate and on the off-chance they ARE permitted to immigrate they should be registered in the US as well as sex offenders. It doesn't matter that the immigrant and their spouse don't have kids, other people in the US do, and you're asking for permission to expose THOSE families to a sex offender.

And just out of interest, there ARE rules about someone marrying a sex offender when they have children. Nothing stops them from marrying but the spouse can be sued/charged for endangerment of a child. There are also rules for the sex offenders to stay a certain distance from children and if they breach it they can go back to jail.

I understand how you feel upset at US immigration for not permitting your loved one to immigrate, but really, you should be angry at your loved one for breaking the law and stop blaming the US for protecting itself and its people. I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your post is very all about you and your needs. There are many posts where people thought they knew the person they were importing and it turns out they didn't. One hopes that it's not them and their relationship that will turn out the same but especially when a KNOWN criminal is trying to immigrate it only makes sense that the government requires more proof than just your word, and your love to let that happen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.