mylovemyheart

Taking a break from Igor's list of XXXX

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am so happy to have found a forum like this. cuz I know, people here will understand me.

for the last couple of weeks I got really crazy about Igor's list. I checked it several times a day. but now, seeing VSC at its best again, I think I have to take a break.

This is just so dissaponting. I mean, ever morning I chek this damn list. Hoping, praying. After so many disappointing days u start to think "well, it can't be helped. If this is how it goes...".

But then, VSC has some really good days and u think " wait a minute, this looks good! maybe it won't take that long after all"

You get all excited, hope is coming back, and then.. BANG! A punsh right into ur face! Only 5,4 or 3 approved! and the great final... NONE or just ONE!

I am frustrated and sad. I miss my fiance so much. I hate that I am at the mercy of incompetence! :help:

This is not the first time I got a visa. Due to my job I have been here and there in the past. And I have NEVER been confronted with something like this before! Never! Not even in Japan (which is famous for it's strict rules on visa).

All these coasts, this inconvenience, separation, unfriendly service which gives u WRONG information! :wow:

I know it's not the VSC's officers fault. They just do their job. And I don't think it is an easy one. Having people calling all day long and complain. But they also have to understand that we are frustrated.

What do u guys do to cheer up? :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have not found a way. This visa is my entire world, the beginning, the end, and everything in between. Everything else in the universe is just one big amorphous blur.

I don't feel sorry for the phone boys. I know the culture of incompetence that has saturated the Vermont Disservice Center is not their fault, but when you knowingly take a job that puts you on the front lines of an organization as hideously incompetent as this one, you have to expect it.

Take a break from my entire world? Not a chance! I don't live from day to day in the amorphous blur. I need a real world, and the visa is it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I check it daily. For some reason, I am not upset with VSC like most of you are. They are doing the best they can to do their work. I am pretty sure they are not sitting down playing solitaire... They are human, just like us.

Positive attitude is the trick to happiness. If you don't have it, find it.

Edited by jrmejia

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I check it daily. For some reason, I am not upset with VSC like most of you are. They are doing the best they can to do their work. I am pretty sure they are not sitting down playing solitaire... They are human, just like us.

I agree with you, I'm upset that the process is so long but not at the individuals who are doing the work. Every hard working individual should know what it feels like to have so much work you don't think you can get through it, I know I certainly have felt like that before.

It does help me to know that my love will be here with me soon and we won't be apart for the next four years like we have been for the last four years. And since we've made it work for this long... I know we can do it for another six or eight or however many months because we love each other. We know what it's like to miss one and other, but the time we spend together is so intense and fulfilling that even the memories of that time keep me happy when I'm not with him.

I can completely understand people who are upset because their world is upside down without their loved one, but think of how much happier you'll be when they'll finally be here and won't have to leave you.

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

I lose track of how many times I check "The List". I know I'm not close to being approved yet; I'm just looking to see if progress is being made.

And I wish I knew what to do to cheer up. At around the 3 month mark is when people started noticing the difference in me. I've had people ask what's wrong; saying I look tired and unhappy. I don't know how to explain to anybody what this is like so I just tell them it's stress. I'm not lying. This is definitely stress.

I spent six of the happiest weeks of my life with her this summer. I won't see her again or be happy again until she's finally here. I just wish I knew there was real progress being made.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am so happy to have found a forum like this. cuz I know, people here will understand me.

for the last couple of weeks I got really crazy about Igor's list. I checked it several times a day. but now, seeing VSC at its best again, I think I have to take a break.

This is just so dissaponting. I mean, ever morning I chek this damn list. Hoping, praying. After so many disappointing days u start to think "well, it can't be helped. If this is how it goes...".

But then, VSC has some really good days and u think " wait a minute, this looks good! maybe it won't take that long after all"

You get all excited, hope is coming back, and then.. BANG! A punsh right into ur face! Only 5,4 or 3 approved! and the great final... NONE or just ONE!

I am frustrated and sad. I miss my fiance so much. I hate that I am at the mercy of incompetence! :help:

This is not the first time I got a visa. Due to my job I have been here and there in the past. And I have NEVER been confronted with something like this before! Never! Not even in Japan (which is famous for it's strict rules on visa).

All these coasts, this inconvenience, separation, unfriendly service which gives u WRONG information! :wow:

I know it's not the VSC's officers fault. They just do their job. And I don't think it is an easy one. Having people calling all day long and complain. But they also have to understand that we are frustrated.

What do u guys do to cheer up? :(

I started going to the gym to get in shape for my love :D And also, I do some volunteering...I just try to keep busy as much as I can, go out, have fun with my friends and enjoy some time with my family :) It's a tough process, but at the end of the day, you're one day closer to being with the person you love :luv:

0041ss.jpg

event.png

K1 Visa
Nov 16, 2010 - I 129f sent
May 25, 2010 - NOA 2
June 6, 2011 - NVC received our petition
June 7, 2011 - case number assigned, petition sent to US consulate in Bucharest
June 27, 2011 - interview - approved
June 30, 2011 - POE Boston
August 14, 2011 - married

AOS journey
September 30, 2011 - filled for AOS and EAD
October 4, 2011 - NOA1
October 26, 2011 - Biometrics
October 26, 2011 - Case moved to CSC
November 23, 2011 -Email from USCIS - card production
November 28, 2011 - Email from USCIS - I485 approved!!!
November 29, 2011 - Welcome letter in the mail
December 5, 2011 - Green card in the mail - date issued 11/16/2011

Lifting Conditions

September 17, 2013 - Sent application

September 20, 2013 - NOA1

October 11, 2013 - Case moved to CSC

October 18, 2013 - Biometrics

January 3, 2014 - Approved

I started going to the gym to get in shape for my love :D And also, I do some volunteering...I just try to keep busy as much as I can, go out, have fun with my friends and enjoy some time with my family :) It's a tough process, but at the end of the day, you're one day closer to being with the person you love :luv:

You know, that's really the best advice... do something to keep busy. But here's my problem. I go to work and then when I get home from work we talk on Skype until it's time for me to go to bed. So basically my time is either work or time with her. There's really not much spare time.

I have tried doing more work on the weekends. Maybe that was a bad choice for things to do. Not a great stress reliever. :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I try not to check the list yet since we just filed in January but when I do I just keep in mind that not every applicant that has applied is on this list or this site... I just have to believe that for every one we see approved there are so many more we don't see. Keeps me hoping!

Have to agree with a whole lot of positive thinking and happy thoughts... and while we wait it out I skype with my perfect-for-me guy every day, even for a few minutes and email A LOT (just checked and we have an average of 500 emails a month since Nov '10) and talk on he phone when we can. It helps to keep busy... and we are fortunate to be able to have visits while we wait... after a quick trip to Japan (he's there working) next week I'll be busy while I am packing up my apartment and storing my stuff at mom's and I have quit my job so we can be together where ever he is working until I get called back for the consulate appointment and that paper that says I can go be with him forever.

Patience isn't my strongest suit and it sure is being tested with this process... but I'd wait forever for my love, just glad we don't have to! :luv:

---------------------
Oct. 22 - 25/10: Met in Hawaii and fell in love!
Jan. 3/11: Together in Seattle for New Years - officially, ENGAGED got my ring and we got matching tattoos!
Jan. 8/11: Mailed K1 forms to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX
Jan. 11/11: Check cashed.
Jan. 12/11: NOA1 - Initial Review - Petition Received
Jan. 14/11: Last Touch
Jan. 17/11: Rec'd email notification with receipt number and notice that package was received and routed to Vermont for Processing. Able to logon within a day to check case.
Feb. 24/11: Mailed additional info to VSC
May 10/11: RFE email - May 12/11: RFE hard copy received
May 27/11: RFE reply received and being processed.
July 1/11: NOA2!!!
July 14/11: NVC forwards petition to Vancouver
July 21/11: Packet 3 received via email.
Aug. 7/11: Packed 3 emailed back
Aug. 8/11: Packet 4 letter received via email
Sept. 21/11: Medical - SUCCESS!!!!
Sept. 23/11: Visa Interview = SUCCESS!!!
Sept. 28/11: Visa in hand
Sept. 29/11: POE at YVR to Seattle
Oct. 23/11: Hawaii beach wedding
Jan. 12/12: 1-485 & 1-765 NOA hard copies received
Feb. 2/12: NOA - case transferred to California
Mar. 3/12: Biometrics Done!
Mar. 14/12: Work Permit card being printed (never arrived, lost in the mail)
May. 8/12: I-485 Approved - Green Card in the mail
May. 12/12: GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Package Mailed then RFE then Interview... and finally:

Jan.21/15: 10 Year Green Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Honestly, I don't check the list too much..I know I'd drive myself crazy if I did..I just comfort myself by thinking about even though its months away, it's still relatively close to that day when my love will be living with me and united forever! thats HUGE! way more than some paperwork. Also I'm in grad school, and as previous poster am working out as well,plus planning the wedding, so I have other things besides looking at the numbers ( although it's a lil harder for my fiance since he's just back at home now, waiting). However, when I get closer to the 5 month mark I could see myself getting a bit more anxious..but really you have to make time for yourself..having other things and branching out I think makes for a healthy relationship :-) Granted, my fiance and I have been doing the long distance thing for over 6 years so we are used to it in a way by now..and he went to school in Spain, not Venezuela where he was born, so he's used to going through red tape..so that might make it easier on us..but just know that all this stress and paper work and waiting is more than worth it! :luv:

6/2004: started dating

9/2010: engaged!

11/18/2011: NOA1

4/20/2011: NOA2

7/13/2011: Interview!-Approved!

10/29/2011: Wedding :-D

Good luck on your journey everyone! :-)

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

1. You posted exactly what I had spinning in my head today seeing VSC processing 7 , 4, 3, 1 petitions / day.
  2. You are handling situation better than me : I am checking Igor's list every 5 minutes !!!!
  3. Because I am checking the list so often I got rusty and having joints problems so I am going for massage and swimming JUST to not check obsessively that problematic list .
  4. I am loosing my faith and hope each time I see the number of VSC processed petitions and then what ? .... I have to get them back because I cannot do anything else.

and:

5. I realize every lousy day spent waiting that I could never make a better choice in my life : my fiance, he is the only one who keeps me going ahead !

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Nice post gandecel. Stay busy is the key. I know I'm guilty of checking the list too much, as well as browsing the forums due to working in front of a computer 8-12 hours a day.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Find a hobby? When is this supposed to happen? I already work 50 to 60 hours a week.

The problem is that I have a computer on my desk with a live internet connection, so checking Igor's List is too easy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Are you saying that they have good intentions, but somehow do the wrong things or maybe they just don't see us as human as you say they are.

How could they hold someone's application for so long, finally approve it, then decide to change their mind and now file is waiting for further review?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's a bit like boiling an egg. When you're watching that dang egg it seems to be taking forever to get done. That's Igor's list to me in a nut.. well, eggshell. But I'm still looking hehe!

I do have two dogs and it does seem better to be out walking them for en extra hour or two and get away from the Internet and computer. The hours seem even longer when being around the computer. The last couple of days, I haven't been able to concentrate on something completely different but have been reading lots about things that bear no similarity just to get my mind tired.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.