mylovemyheart

Taking a break from Igor's list of XXXX

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

:rolleyes: Igors list is based on the VJ approvals. Maybe there are like 1000 approvals every day, and not everybody has joined VJ, so they can't update their profile, so no more approvals on Igors List. So not accurate at all...

; Anyways, although it's a fact that Igors list isn't showing every single approval, I'm checking Igors list at least 98725 times a day, it's like I'm watching a movie..

& I'm waiting for a happy end, so me, yall live happily ever after <3 :dancing:

:pop: want some??

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree with you, I'm upset that the process is so long but not at the individuals who are doing the work. Every hard working individual should know what it feels like to have so much work you don't think you can get through it, I know I certainly have felt like that before.

It does help me to know that my love will be here with me soon and we won't be apart for the next four years like we have been for the last four years. And since we've made it work for this long... I know we can do it for another six or eight or however many months because we love each other. We know what it's like to miss one and other, but the time we spend together is so intense and fulfilling that even the memories of that time keep me happy when I'm not with him.

I can completely understand people who are upset because their world is upside down without their loved one, but think of how much happier you'll be when they'll finally be here and won't have to leave you.

I disagree with them doing their best. First of all, this isn't our "tax" dollars at work. We pay, UP FRONT, the fee in which to process the application. They sure can cash your check within 2 days of getting it. The technology behind "criminal background check" is at the government's disposal within seconds. They can tell you when, where, and what you have spent your money on up to the minute because of the incredible technology called check/credit card.

Our tax records are a SSN# click away for them. The hardest part is to actually go over the application and check for clerical errors. They are trained for spotting errors. They do not have to see "bonafide relation". They have to see that A.. the applicants have met face to face within past 2 years. B. the sponsor is legally able to marry. C. they do a criminal background check. D. a US citizen E. 2 letters of intent to marry.......... Etc.... This isn't a lot of "investigational" work to be done.

If they are indeed "overworked" then they should hire more people. They surely have the money that we pay them for the service. If this were a mainstream business, there would be thousands of complaints to the Better Business Bureau. But, because we do not have any legal ramifications, they can say what they want over the phone, take their time approving applications, and in general, not providing a service for which (again I reiterate) we, the US citizen, pays for.

But, I do not think it is "one" individual, but a severely flawed bureaucratic process that needs to be examined by whoever is in charge of overseeing the system. We are attempting to do things "legally" and by the Laws set forth by our lawmakers. Why would anyone that has come here illegally get priority of one of our petitions? I am not against those individuals, I am just saying that maybe they should take a backseat to our petitions rather than ours taking a backseat to theirs. If we meet the criteria, then approve the application. If not, send the RFE and we either correct it... or forget about it. If they want to slow immigration down, (and let's face it... WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS TO THIS COUNTRY) then change the laws to establish a different procedure. But, the truth is, we are such a minority that we do not have a true voice and there isn't much we can do about it except vent a little on VJ.

Just my humble and probably aggravated opinion......

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

But, the truth is, we are such a minority that we do not have a true voice and there isn't much we can do about it except vent a little on VJ.

I agree with everything you said; but this last part especially. I don't mind people venting on VJ at all. We are the only one's who understand how each other feels. So go ahead and complain. Be irrational; be sarcastic; do whatever helps you get through this process. Nobody else is even aware of this problem. I wasn't aware of how awful this was until I started this. So we should be able to rely on each other during these bad times and then be happy for each of us when progress is made.

I check it daily. For some reason, I am not upset with VSC like most of you are. They are doing the best they can to do their work. I am pretty sure they are not sitting down playing solitaire... They are human, just like us.

Positive attitude is the trick to happiness. If you don't have it, find it.

This is what I did. You just have to wait. There is really nothing you can do, but that powerlessness shouldn't make you sad. Just chill, relax, and find hobbies to make the days go quicker. I got an 11 hour a day job, it helped a lot :D.

Aug 20 2010 - NOA1 received.
Feb 08 2011 - NOA2 email received.
Apr 27 2011 - Interview attended at US Embassy, visa approved :D!
May 26 2011 - Arrived in the USA
Aug 02 2011 - Married!
Aug 24 2011 - Diagnosed with cancer
Aug 26 2011 - Applied for IR1/CR1 visa
Aug 31 2011 - NOA1!
Sep 03 2011 - Moved back to the UK
Feb 20 2012 - Wife flew back to the USA
Mar 03 2012 - NOA2!
Mar 23 2012 - NVC received file
Jul 15 2012 - NVC approved, sent to embassy

2012 - Approved, flew back to USA!

Sep 29 2014 - Applied for removal of conditions.

Apr 20 2015 - RFE1 on removal of conditions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have not found a way. This visa is my entire world, the beginning, the end, and everything in between. Everything else in the universe is just one big amorphous blur.

I don't feel sorry for the phone boys. I know the culture of incompetence that has saturated the Vermont Disservice Center is not their fault, but when you knowingly take a job that puts you on the front lines of an organization as hideously incompetent as this one, you have to expect it.

Take a break from my entire world? Not a chance! I don't live from day to day in the amorphous blur. I need a real world, and the visa is it.

I feel for you! I got my NOA2 and still no relieve. You still wait for interview date... I feel the same way.. since I submitted I-129F visa consumed me completely. Checking every day 100 times a day Igor's list.. Work is a blur... Then wait until she wakes up to call her... drinking at night because I do not want to do anything else or see my friends. I have not seen my friends in 6 months... or went to the bar or restaurant... then wake up in the morning talk to her over the phone on the way to work and still a blur.. I thought things will change once I got NOA2. NO!! Now you seat and wait again. I got NOA2 on January 21st. First this is a relieve. Then you call NVA.. They tell you: we have sent your package to the moscow embassy on January 31st. You start calling embassy and they still do not have anything. This is bad.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel for you! I got my NOA2 and still no relieve. You still wait for interview date... I feel the same way.. since I submitted I-129F visa consumed me completely. Checking every day 100 times a day Igor's list.. Work is a blur... Then wait until she wakes up to call her... drinking at night because I do not want to do anything else or see my friends. I have not seen my friends in 6 months... or went to the bar or restaurant... then wake up in the morning talk to her over the phone on the way to work and still a blur.. I thought things will change once I got NOA2. NO!! Now you seat and wait again. I got NOA2 on January 21st. First this is a relieve. Then you call NVA.. They tell you: we have sent your package to the moscow embassy on January 31st. You start calling embassy and they still do not have anything. This is bad.

A few questions to put the timing in perspective:

1. Is Jan 21 your e-mail NOA2 date or the date you got your paper NOA2? Nothing goes to NVC until your paper NOA2 goes out.

2. As of now, February 11, does the Embassy still claim to have nothing? It has only been 11 days since NVC says they sent it out, which is cutting it a bit close. Did you check the Moscow website to see if your EAC number is there? The phone person at the Embassy may just not want to deal with you and may not even have access to the records, so the fastest way to get rid of you is to tell you NO.

If nothing on the Moscow web site, try again in about a week. 11 days is a bit tight.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If nothing on the Moscow web site, try again in about a week. 11 days is a bit tight.

:ot:

Al, do you know if there is an updated list on the Moscow Embassy website that displays interview dates? Neither of the old links work anymore. I'm thinking they took it down completely but I hope I'm wrong.

:ot2:

waiting sucks.

Edited by dogspot

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you saying that they have good intentions, but somehow do the wrong things or maybe they just don't see us as human as you say they are.

How could they hold someone's application for so long, finally approve it, then decide to change their mind and now file is waiting for further review?

I really don't know what is going on @VSC. SO I really opt not to call them names. I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are doing the best they can to get through their work.

That is my point. One man opinion.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

As for not having time for hobbies; trust me I work a lot for grad school/job I know how overwhelming and time sucking work is..but it's about scheduling things in, time with friends, even just doing something you enjoy like watching a favorite show. I've found saying "I don't have time" is just an excuse, I've said that soo much in the past. It has become clear to me that having a balanced life will lead to a happier life and happier marriage, something my fiance and I talk a lot about :)

Edited by Ab44

6/2004: started dating

9/2010: engaged!

11/18/2011: NOA1

4/20/2011: NOA2

7/13/2011: Interview!-Approved!

10/29/2011: Wedding :-D

Good luck on your journey everyone! :-)

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with you, I'm upset that the process is so long but not at the individuals who are doing the work. Every hard working individual should know what it feels like to have so much work you don't think you can get through it, I know I certainly have felt like that before.

It does help me to know that my love will be here with me soon and we won't be apart for the next four years like we have been for the last four years. And since we've made it work for this long... I know we can do it for another six or eight or however many months because we love each other. We know what it's like to miss one and other, but the time we spend together is so intense and fulfilling that even the memories of that time keep me happy when I'm not with him.

I can completely understand people who are upset because their world is upside down without their loved one, but think of how much happier you'll be when they'll finally be here and won't have to leave you.

Agree, same goes with me. We all work hard. I am always at my office around 6.30am and get out around 5.30pm (M-F). And sometimes I feel like I am not putting enough hours and when I come home I work from home (weekends and after hours). That is why I give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they do have so much work that they can barely keep up.

Again one man opinion.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I lose track of how many times I check "The List". I know I'm not close to being approved yet; I'm just looking to see if progress is being made.

And I wish I knew what to do to cheer up. At around the 3 month mark is when people started noticing the difference in me. I've had people ask what's wrong; saying I look tired and unhappy. I don't know how to explain to anybody what this is like so I just tell them it's stress. I'm not lying. This is definitely stress.

I spent six of the happiest weeks of my life with her this summer. I won't see her again or be happy again until she's finally here. I just wish I knew there was real progress being made.

Hey B_J we are in the same boat! looks like we sent on same day...got our NOA1 on same day and same day touch....yes the stress of someone else deciding our happiness is very stressful! glad we all have each other....no one in the everyday world seems not to understand...

Hey B_J we are in the same boat! looks like we sent on same day...got our NOA1 on same day and same day touch....

Okay.. I'll race you to NOA2 :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't think we are on opposite sides of this issue, a you described below, it's the process you are frustrated with...not the individuals. And I never said I thought they were "doing their best". I was simply saying, it's easy for us to assume they aren't from the outside but we have no clue how hard those people are or aren't working. It's just easier for us to assume they aren't working at all. And that isn't necessarily going to help our loved ones get here any faster.

As I said in another post, hiring more workers is very difficult in the federal system and isn't dependent on how much we pay in fees, when the government is cutting money the way it is right now and limiting the number of workers each agency has...paying more in fees isn't going to get us as many workers as we'd all like to process our applications in a week or whatever timeline we would be satisfied with.

I agree with you, the technology is there and the capability to move petitions out the door faster could be a lot better if the process was improved. As far as us doing things legally, I'm sure there are those who are abusing the same process we are using for "illegal" immigration too, otherwise all these checks wouldn't be "necessary". :ot2:

I disagree with them doing their best. First of all, this isn't our "tax" dollars at work. We pay, UP FRONT, the fee in which to process the application. They sure can cash your check within 2 days of getting it. The technology behind "criminal background check" is at the government's disposal within seconds. They can tell you when, where, and what you have spent your money on up to the minute because of the incredible technology called check/credit card.

Our tax records are a SSN# click away for them. The hardest part is to actually go over the application and check for clerical errors. They are trained for spotting errors. They do not have to see "bonafide relation". They have to see that A.. the applicants have met face to face within past 2 years. B. the sponsor is legally able to marry. C. they do a criminal background check. D. a US citizen E. 2 letters of intent to marry.......... Etc.... This isn't a lot of "investigational" work to be done.

If they are indeed "overworked" then they should hire more people. They surely have the money that we pay them for the service. If this were a mainstream business, there would be thousands of complaints to the Better Business Bureau. But, because we do not have any legal ramifications, they can say what they want over the phone, take their time approving applications, and in general, not providing a service for which (again I reiterate) we, the US citizen, pays for.

But, I do not think it is "one" individual, but a severely flawed bureaucratic process that needs to be examined by whoever is in charge of overseeing the system. We are attempting to do things "legally" and by the Laws set forth by our lawmakers. Why would anyone that has come here illegally get priority of one of our petitions? I am not against those individuals, I am just saying that maybe they should take a backseat to our petitions rather than ours taking a backseat to theirs. If we meet the criteria, then approve the application. If not, send the RFE and we either correct it... or forget about it. If they want to slow immigration down, (and let's face it... WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS TO THIS COUNTRY) then change the laws to establish a different procedure. But, the truth is, we are such a minority that we do not have a true voice and there isn't much we can do about it except vent a little on VJ.

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wish I knew what to do to pass the time. I'm the same with CSC. I see them gain 2 days one day then no days for 3. They went from 151 to 147 days. I went whoopeee! Now they've lost two. My fiancee said he's sick of talking to a phone. He hates talking in general, but it was a substitute for me for a while, but it is wearing thin. I think we are just getting overly neurotic. I'm checking all the time. He's working and pubbing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.