J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,301 posts in this topic

Yeah don't wait 6-8 weeks. They told me they got my file one day and said call in about 2 weeks. I called early the next morning and had a case number. I think that advice was given to skynaut too about calling in a couple weeks. He called the next day and had a case number too!

Same thing happened to me. Called a Monday, guy told me to call back next week. I called the very next day and got my case number. Their silly timeframes headbonk.gif

Guys, I have another question- I'm looking at a sample DS-230 form and I see that on question #20 that asks about addresses, the sample form doesn't have "present" as the "to" date. For my husband he has his current address dates as "08/1995" to "Present." I thought that was the correct way to fill it out...?

yeMBfha.jpg

Guys, I have another question- I'm looking at a sample DS-230 form and I see that on question #20 that asks about addresses, the sample form doesn't have "present" as the "to" date. For my husband he has his current address dates as "08/1995" to "Present." I thought that was the correct way to fill it out...?

Yeah, that'd be the correct way to put it on the DS-230. I've seen quite a few people get RFEs for not putting "present" in the first "to" date.

How do we know that our AOS and IV documents were entered into NVC system? Does AVR provide an update about that?

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1
11/02/2010 Transferred to TSC
01/13/2011 NOA2 (approved in 5 months and 2 days since NOA1)
01/21/2011 Received hard copy of NOA2

USCIS journey completed in 155 days [165 days since priority date]

02/08/2011 TSC shipped approved petition to NVC

NVC journey (after 1 months and 5 days since approval)
02/17/2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given
02/18/2011 Emailed DS-3032
02/23/2011 Paid AOS
02/24/2011 DS-3032 accepted, received confirmation email.
02/24/2011 AOS fee marked as PAID
02/25/2011 AOS package sent
02/25/2011 IV fee invoiced and paid
02/28/2011 IV marked as paid, IV package sent
03/15/2011 SIF!!!
03/16/2011 Case complete!
03/25/2011 Interview date assigned
04/11/2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

05/10/2011 Interview - approved!

05/12/2011 Visa received by courier
06/06/2011 POE Dublin
07/05/2011 Welcome letter received
07/25/2011 Received GREEN CARD!

08/01/2011 Social security by mail

11/09/2011 Driver licence in hand! Wooo hooo wink.png

ROC
15/04/2013 ROC docs sent to Vermont

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

05/10/2013 Biometrics letter received

How do we know that our AOS and IV documents were entered into NVC system? Does AVR provide an update about that?

I believe the AVR updates when it gets your IV package, but not the AOS package. The best way to find out though is through an operator. They'll see on their screens when a package has been received or not.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

dont know why the heck I cant pay my AOS yet...GRRRR this is maddening.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

If I send COA is necessary to write email address with CAPS?

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

If I send COA is necessary to write email address with CAPS?

No, I don't think it's necessary to write your email address in caps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

No, I don't think it's necessary to write your email address in caps.

Thank you, I just sent the email with COA, hope that is ok and not to early. :innocent:

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Timeline

dont understand why it is taking this long to receive a dang email from NVC..yeah im getting impatient after the hell at USCIS lol

here is some good news for all of us:

In a step to avert a government shutdown before the current funding measure expires later this week, the House has passed a two-week spending bill would cut federal spending by $4 billion.

The vote was 335-91, with six Republicans opposing the GOP-authored measure. On the other side of the aisle, 104 Democrats voted for it, while 85 voted against the bill.

The Republican-backed stopgap bill was considered palatable by many Democrats because it drew on suggestions made by President Barack Obama in his budget for this year.

The Senate is expected to approve the bill within the next two days, giving lawmakers an additional two weeks to negotiate a longer-term measure to fund the government.

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

dont understand why it is taking this long to receive a dang email from NVC..yeah im getting impatient after the hell at USCIS lol

here is some good news for all of us:

In a step to avert a government shutdown before the current funding measure expires later this week, the House has passed a two-week spending bill would cut federal spending by $4 billion.

The vote was 335-91, with six Republicans opposing the GOP-authored measure. On the other side of the aisle, 104 Democrats voted for it, while 85 voted against the bill.

The Republican-backed stopgap bill was considered palatable by many Democrats because it drew on suggestions made by President Barack Obama in his budget for this year.

The Senate is expected to approve the bill within the next two days, giving lawmakers an additional two weeks to negotiate a longer-term measure to fund the government.

That is excellent news. Hopefully they can resolve it soon, so none of us have to worry about this affecting our visa process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did you mean question # 30 ... Am i confused ?

Did you mean question # 30 ... Am i confused ?

Yeah, I think Jenny meant #30.

Timeline

it is right jenny ;]

Edited by xelance

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes and also make sure that you fill the latest form which the question

mentioned above is #30 :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.