J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You could still get it. Remember guys, NVC works from 7:30am to midnight (EST). So, there's still more than 4 hours left.

I wouldnt think the people working on cases actually work until midnight..the operators do, but that doesnt necessarily mean the rest of NVC does, right?

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

I wouldnt think the people working on cases actually work until midnight..the operators do, but that doesnt necessarily mean the rest of NVC does, right?

It does actually. I was curious about the times for those that work on cases, so I asked two operators about 2 weeks ago and they both told me that those that work on cases work from 7:30am to midnight as well. I'm guessing they do shifts, just like the operators do.

Timeline

wow, thats pretty amazing, thanks Saylin :) I figured it was another 9-5 type facility

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

wow, thats pretty amazing, thanks Saylin :) I figured it was another 9-5 type facility

Yeah, that's what I assumed as well. But I wanted to double check. But when I called I was completely surprised when I was told they work the same hours as operators. Which means they do a lot more than they would with 9-5 jobs. Now if only they can work weekends too....

Timeline

a US government facility? Good luck with them working weekends haha, 7:30- 12 AM hours are pretty incredible in itself for a government run office!

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

a US government facility? Good luck with them working weekends haha, 7:30- 12 AM hours are pretty incredible in itself for a government run office!

Oh, I know it's amazing. Just wishful thinking that they'll work on the weekend :P

Timeline

nope, no response from NVC, and I sent it the same day. I wouldnt send it again..I have heard it can take up to a week or more for them to respond.

Edited by xelance

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

nope, no response from NVC, and I sent it the same day. I wouldnt send it again..I have heard it can take up to a week or more for them to respond.

Xelance,

The reason I am thinking so is that I have sent DS-3032 friday but got the

NVC email regarding to DS-3032 creation yesterday! All original NVC documents

are mentioning that sending it before it has been generated may not work!

Of course many of those regarding to normal snail mail, so maybe I should wait

a little!

Does anybody know whether sending DS-3032 email second time may cause a problem?

Xelance,

The reason I am thinking so is that I have sent DS-3032 friday but got the

NVC email regarding to DS-3032 creation yesterday! All original NVC documents

are mentioning that sending it before it has been generated may not work!

Of course many of those regarding to normal snail mail, so maybe I should wait

a little!

Does anybody know whether sending DS-3032 email second time may cause a problem?

It shouldn't cause a problem if you send it a second time. Just don't start sending like fifty of them.

Timeline

I doubt sending it again will cause a problem...I really think your first one worked just fine, but its up to you to send it again.

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Me too brother... still waiting for NVC to remove head from A$$ and give me a case number. I'm beginning to think that NVC is just as bad as USUCKS :devil:

damn...well then looks like today is done for me. If there was any order, I would have received it today since your case was entered the day before, but was just wishful thinking I would receive any answer today.

Timeline

they are both part of an extremely broken immigration system, and a country decreasing in power. If my wife didnt live in a third world country, such as Colombia, I would be content living the rest of my life there. As it is now, the benefits outweigh the costs in US, so I just try to roll with the punches and hope this ends soon. NVC is better than USCIS, but both are part of the same system that is inefficient to say the least.

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anyone knows the content of the email NVC sends to you, when they accept the DS-3032 email from you??

I have recieved an email from NVC as a reply for my DS-3032 email, however on double checking i'm kind of not sure, if that's a normal/generic response or if they have indeed accepted it. Here's the email excerpt..

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

This petition is now eligible for further processing. The petitioner, beneficiary and/or attorney of record will receive an Instruction Package regarding further processing of the petition.

If you wish to submit a request for the expeditious processing of this petition, please provide us with more information regarding your request. For example, you may submit supporting documentation such as: medical records, letter from a medical doctor, deployment orders, etc, along with your request.

Please send your request for expeditious processing along with the supporting documentation to NVCInquiry@state.gov, or to the postal address provided below. Once this information is received, we will forward your request for review.

National Visa Center

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Case Number: MDRXXXXXXXXX

Beneficiary's Name: XXXXX,XXXXX

Preference Category: CR1

Your Priority Date: 07Jul2010

Foreign State Chargeability: INDIA

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

220 MOUNT RD

CHENNAI 600006

INDIA

Jesus

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

-Benoy

CSC - CR1

06/19/2010: Got Married

07/02/2010: I-130 mailed out

07/12/2010: I-130 received at USCIS

07/16/2010: NOA1

07/23/2010: NOA1 snail mail received in mailbox

Touches: 07/23, 07/26, 11/28, 11/29

11/2/2010: Case moved from CSC to TSC(Wife got snail mail!. No touches since 7/26. No Text/Email updates)

02/10/2011: NOA2(Thank You GOD!!)(209 days from NOA1)

02/16/2011: Petition shipped to NVC

02/16/2011: NOA2 hard copy received in mail

NVC

02/25/2011: NVC received the I-130 package, Receipt# scanned

02/25/2011: NVC Case# and IIN receipt, provided both email ids

02/25/2011: DS-3032 COA emailed to NVC

03/01/2011: DS-3032 COA accepted by NVC

03/03/2011: I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment

03/04/2011: Case shipped from NVC to US Embassy Madras for further processing.

03/10/2011: Case reached Madras US Counsulate

03/15/2011: Interview scheduled for 04/18/2011

Chennai Consulate

04/01/2011 & 04/02/2011: Medical

04/06/2011: VFS Office visit

04/18/2011: Interview - Approved!!

Anyone knows the content of the email NVC sends to you, when they accept the DS-3032 email from you??

I have recieved an email from NVC as a reply for my DS-3032 email, however on double checking i'm kind of not sure, if that's a normal/generic response or if they have indeed accepted it. Here's the email excerpt..

IMO, that looks like the acceptance to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.