Al422

Domodedovo Terror Attack: Expedite for Russia?

89 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Before blasting me, please read my last post in this thread in which I ate my words and apologized to the VJ community for my thoughtless outburst.

I have done all that I can do to put the firestorm that I wrongfully started to rest. If it is now going to take on a life of its own, there is nothing I can do about it.

Once more, I am sorry to the VJ community, but I can't control those members who just don't want this unfortunate thread to rest.

I, however, am done with it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Persecute? lol!

Your problem is way more serious than Al's. Good luck and good bye :thumbs:

Lovejourney,

Yes, persecute. That is exactly what you've done but that is neither here nor there. It seems you have completely missed the points that Mari was making on her posts and have thus also misunderstood the outlandish comments posted by AL. Of course people can be angry, scared etc. etc however, you stated you read through all the posts. I suggest you read through them again as it appears you have grossly failed to see why the comments made by AL have ruffled so many feathers around here.

The fact remains that he was taking a situation, yes a horrible, tragic situation, and was trying to utilize and manipulate the situation for his own personal gain. Disgusting!!!!! That is the problem here. He did not appear take into consideration the feelings of the individuals that would read his posts nor did he appear to take into consideration the magnitude of the situation occurring in Haiti vs. the situation that took place in Russia. They are completely different.

And to come back at Mari and state, " your problem is way more serious than Al's." What is the point of this comment? Is it necessary? Comment like this on this site are completely unnecessary, unfounded and unwarranted.

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Before blasting me, please read my last post in this thread in which I ate my words and apologized to the VJ community for my thoughtless outburst.

I have done all that I can do to put the firestorm that I wrongfully started to rest. If it is now going to take on a life of its own, there is nothing I can do about it.

Once more, I am sorry to the VJ community, but I can't control those members who just don't want this unfortunate thread to rest.

I, however, am done with it.

AI422 - You may want to report this thread and ask a moderator to close it. I think this has run it's course, and it sounds like you agree.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

My Fiancee is out in Sudan with the referendum going on right now, there's been talk about a war starting up again and possibility of riots in the capital. The last time a peace treaty was broken there were people being killed in the streets of khartoum. To top it all off there are riots going on in Egypt just next door that could very well be a revolution.

I submitted a request to expedite based off the above (excluding the part about Egypt) and was denied.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
AI422 - You may want to report this thread and ask a moderator to close it. I think this has run it's course, and it sounds like you agree.

:dance::dance::dance:

Edited by Rob and Jill

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Al, I never saw your apology so you are now back in the good books..Credit to you for being big enough to do that.. I look forward to reading the next episode of your adventures..

.. and again I wish you all the very best.. I know you'll still be p***d at vermont but Im looking forward to a lovely reaction when you guys get approved..

.. incidentally, as someone who HAS read Al's posts this is the first that could be seen as offensive.. to me the rest of his "rants" although occasionally a bit OTT are thought provoking and helpful.. If you don't like the guy ignore him but he's clearly in pain so why make matters worse by attacking him..

ok Ill get off my high horse now..

All the very best everyone!!

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

Al, I never saw your apology so you are now back in the good books..Credit to you for being big enough to do that.. I look forward to reading the next episode of your adventures..

.. and again I wish you all the very best.. I know you'll still be p***d at vermont but Im looking forward to a lovely reaction when you guys get approved..

.. incidentally, as someone who HAS read Al's posts this is the first that could be seen as offensive.. to me the rest of his "rants" although occasionally a bit OTT are thought provoking and helpful.. If you don't like the guy ignore him but he's clearly in pain so why make matters worse by attacking him..

ok Ill get off my high horse now..

All the very best everyone!!

Thank you for your support. I am not perfect and don't pretend to be perfect, either to myself or anybody else. And one thing I never do is try to hide my mistakes or blame them on anybody else.

I think a lot of people are just reading the first post, one that I deeply regret making, then fast forwarding to the end and blasting me for it.

There is nothing more to blast. I know I was wrong. There was five days of silence from Vermont, and I was absolutely livid, seriously wondering if I would see my NOA2 before September or October.

Seriously, folks, I am not normally like this. Until now, I have never been in a continuous state of anger for so long of a period of time.

Many people have told me to do other things and put this out of my mind. I tried it, and it doesn't work. I eat, drink, think, live and sleep this visa. It is my whole world. It is the only thing on my mind, 24/7. Everything else is just a blur.

Can we please let this thread rest? I promise: No more opinions. From now on, there will only be statements of fact. I will deal with my anger myself (and hope I don't scare my cat in the process).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Look on the bright side, thread was No 1 in the popularity charts even though it had very little really to do with Immigration.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for your support. I am not perfect and don't pretend to be perfect, either to myself or anybody else. And one thing I never do is try to hide my mistakes or blame them on anybody else.

I think a lot of people are just reading the first post, one that I deeply regret making, then fast forwarding to the end and blasting me for it.

There is nothing more to blast. I know I was wrong. There was five days of silence from Vermont, and I was absolutely livid, seriously wondering if I would see my NOA2 before September or October.

Seriously, folks, I am not normally like this. Until now, I have never been in a continuous state of anger for so long of a period of time.

Many people have told me to do other things and put this out of my mind. I tried it, and it doesn't work. I eat, drink, think, live and sleep this visa. It is my whole world. It is the only thing on my mind, 24/7. Everything else is just a blur.

Can we please let this thread rest? I promise: No more opinions. From now on, there will only be statements of fact. I will deal with my anger myself (and hope I don't scare my cat in the process).

Sir, i have been a follower of your post and there has been few threads were we were all together ranting about the process and against those who does nothing but criticize our frustrations. I always love reading your post. although i try not to comment anymore as often as i used to becoz i too have my own temper (lol)

On my case (w/ fiance) we waited 6months to get approved only to find out from NVC that they messed up our case number with the wrong consulate so that will be another wait in addition with their already F**cked up delay. however i must agree that after getting the much awaited NOA2 things felt a little better. Hang in there, i hope you dont have to wait as much as we have but if it happens then you know by then you can do all that suggestions you told us back in all the threads. Goodluck

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

And the people that have already made it through the process and have their loved ones here with them should really show more compassion to the ones that are still struggling to get to that point.

I'd like to address this point - and no LisaMarie this isn't personal, all right? It's a general statement to address the issue you raised.

I'm one of those people who have my husband here. For a long time now. We've been married over five years.

Now, when I first came to VisaJourney, I was actually looking for stories of couples. I wasn't looking for immigration advice at all. I had not even met my husband in person yet. We'd been talking online and on the telephone. I was looking for evidence, I guess, that a long distance relationship can work. :lol:

Fast forward six plus years. Here I still am on VisaJourney. To be honest, I'm mostly still here because I enjoy the social company. I don't contribute to the upper forums as much as I used too, but I do still like to help people when I can.

I guess it would be nice to think that all the people who are still waiting for their dreams to come true - that they could look at people like me as some sort of proof that well, it will happen one day. That they could say "my loved one will be here with me, we will be married and have a life". That the paperwork will be done and over with, and all just be a memory.

Because that's really how it works. That's why some of us tell you to chill out and breathe deep. Because some day this will just be part of your story. It will be part of what makes your couplehood different and unique.

I hope everybody figures this out someday.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is a very difficult situation for all of us. We have been waiting for nine months now, and it will still be a few more months until we can be together "God willing"...........granted we did finally get our NOA2, but we waited for a long time for it and we still have to get through the rest of the process, so we are far from being done.

We are all at different steps, some of us breezing through for whatever reason, while others are waiting for what seems like "forever", running into all sorts of problems... I know there are many that had it easier than us, and many that are having a much more difficult time than us. But nevertheless, we are all in the same boat, trying to get the same result. We should all be trying to support each other, rather than trying to figure out who has worse than who, who has a right to be upset and who doesn't, who is trying to do what to get their loved ones here faster.....

Getting angry at each other is not going to help anything, it's only going to add even more frustration to our lives. If we read something we don't like, just ignore it. Everyone has a right to their own feelings and if we don't like a post, pass it by.....that's all.......

And the people that have already made it through the process and have their loved ones here with them should really show more compassion to the ones that are still struggling to get to that point.

That's all I have to say to this posting......good luck to everyone and may this year bring lots of approvals and happiness to everyone........;)

:thumbs::thumbs:

The most satisfying and refreshing comment on this thread. Something worth reading. Thank you.

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

I'd like to address this point - and no LisaMarie this isn't personal, all right? It's a general statement to address the issue you raised.

I'm one of those people who have my husband here. For a long time now. We've been married over five years.

Now, when I first came to VisaJourney, I was actually looking for stories of couples. I wasn't looking for immigration advice at all. I had not even met my husband in person yet. We'd been talking online and on the telephone. I was looking for evidence, I guess, that a long distance relationship can work. :lol:

Fast forward six plus years. Here I still am on VisaJourney. To be honest, I'm mostly still here because I enjoy the social company. I don't contribute to the upper forums as much as I used too, but I do still like to help people when I can.

I guess it would be nice to think that all the people who are still waiting for their dreams to come true - that they could look at people like me as some sort of proof that well, it will happen one day. That they could say "my loved one will be here with me, we will be married and have a life". That the paperwork will be done and over with, and all just be a memory.

Because that's really how it works. That's why some of us tell you to chill out and breathe deep. Because some day this will just be part of your story. It will be part of what makes your couplehood different and unique.

Thank you for your positive contribution to a very negative thread. (Yeah, I know I started it, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize it as negative. My apologies once more.)

And yes, I know there is a lot of anger here due to processing delays hitting 10 year highs, and sadly we often turn on each other because we are so stressed out from all of this. I am guilty of this too (probably more than a lot of other people).

People are worried, and genuinely so. They tell us 5 months at the start, but the real time back then was more like 3. Then it goes to 4, then 5, then they start moving the goal posts, and before you know it, 6, 7. Where does it end? This is not some electronic doodad we ordered online. This is people's lives. They have a right to be worried. When will I get there? Will I get there? Will my SO give up on me by then?

I know that last worry close up and personal. The last time I did this, back in 2004, my SO did give up on me. And back then, you got the whole magilla done in 3 months, embassy and all. She threw in the towel 3 days before her Moscow interview but never told me that she was giving up. She just postponed the interview two times, over my objection, and happily pocketed the money I sent her for things like English lessons, travel expenses, and the fee for her medical exam.

So in case anyone was wondering why I am in such a mad rush to get this done, now you know. Elena is a much different person than my prior SO and someone who I trust and love very much, but I trusted the one from 2004 as well. And while I refuse to consider any possibility that Elena would do such a thing, an experience as bad as the last one is a memory that just refuses to go away.

LOVE this post.

Thank you for your positive contribution to a very negative thread. (Yeah, I know I started it, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize it as negative. My apologies once more.)

And yes, I know there is a lot of anger here due to processing delays hitting 10 year highs, and sadly we often turn on each other because we are so stressed out from all of this. I am guilty of this too (probably more than a lot of other people).

People are worried, and genuinely so. They tell us 5 months at the start, but the real time back then was more like 3. Then it goes to 4, then 5, then they start moving the goal posts, and before you know it, 6, 7. Where does it end? This is not some electronic doodad we ordered online. This is people's lives. They have a right to be worried. When will I get there? Will I get there? Will my SO give up on me by then?

I know that last worry close up and personal. The last time I did this, back in 2004, my SO did give up on me. And back then, you got the whole magilla done in 3 months, embassy and all. She threw in the towel 3 days before her Moscow interview but never told me that she was giving up. She just postponed the interview two times, over my objection, and happily pocketed the money I sent her for things like English lessons, travel expenses, and the fee for her medical exam.

So in case anyone was wondering why I am in such a mad rush to get this done, now you know. Elena is a much different person than my prior SO and someone who I trust and love very much, but I trusted the one from 2004 as well. And while I refuse to consider any possibility that Elena would do such a thing, an experience as bad as the last one is a memory that just refuses to go away.

Al422, it sounds like you had a bad experience. I'm kind of surprised you are trying again, to be honest. I've always said I'd never go down this road again (although I do have a fondness for British men and their sweet ways :lol: )

I just hope you aren't one of those guys who remembers every bad thing a woman ever did to him and then worries his present lady to death with all that bad karma. It can be pretty frustrating for a woman to have to convince a man about her character. I think that can do a lot more damage than being apart. That's my opinion anyway. I had a ####### first marriage and I have to really hold myself sometimes when I have a "flashback". It's gotten a lot better mostly though because I've come to realize I've got nothing to worry over with my husband now. He's not EVEN like the first one.

That's why I picked him............ :lol:

Oh lol edited to add - I don't think the present wait times are the slowest in 10 years. I know when I first came to Vj the Texas and Nebraska Service Centers were running 8 to 10 months. You might have a new record for Vermont, so you may be right there. The flip side of that is they have a pretty good track record of "recovery".

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I say that and think that everyday (in the bold). I have personal knowledge of success stories. I don't ever wonder if our relationship will make it, or not. I just wonder when he will be here........

Nothing personal taken.....

I only meant that sometimes people that have already been through this and are living their lives forget what it's like for the people that are still in this struggle, who are trying to learn the process, asking questions because they need to feel confident about what they're doing and want advice from people that have already "been there", only to be answered with comments that make them feel like they don't know anything.....or that they should know everything. But I'm pretty certain those people were also learning and asking questions at one time. I'm not talking about me personally but I read a lot on the forums. That's all I was trying to get across in that statement.

Congratulations on your successful marriage. I enjoy reading about the positive outcomes in all of this, it takes away from the frustration and stress.

Thank you ;)

:thumbs::thumbs:

The most satisfying and refreshing comment on this thread. Something worth reading. Thank you.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.