Al422

MY COMPLAINT TO HOUSE APPROPRIATIONS ABOUT VSC

61 posts in this topic

I respectfully disagree 100% with you on the bold part of your statement. I yelled and screamed and tugged and pulled sooooo hard, that they approved my petition shortly after I started complaining. I was persistent and I slammed them very hard. I said before that a few friends of my fiance petitioned right around the same time as I did and they waited over 6 months each to get their NOA2. As of today, they are still waiting for an interview to be scheduled while my wife had her interview last month. Complaining does work.....if you do it right.

Right, you complained for yourself. This letter is demanding an overhaul of the system.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Let me share MY personal thought with you. You accuse me of jumping thousands in front of me in line. How about the Haitian petitions that jump everybody else in line? What is the justice in that? I don't want to hear about how they are suffering because my fiance suffered too. She lived in fear all her life in Vietnam. Poverty, crime, rape you name it. But somehow everybody else gets thrown to the back while the Haitian petitions get expedited. You tell me how fair it is for those that unwillingly give up their spot in line.

Please don't judge me because you are a stranger on the internet and you don't know me and I don't know you.

BTW, I can't get screwed because since you didn't bother to read my post, my wife already passed her interview and lives with me in the US :)

Nice response :thumbs:

Everyone has a right to complain. Depending on how people look at it: The squeakiest wheel either gets fixed or the nail that sticks out the most gets hammered down. Either way, everyone has to decide what risk to take. It worked for you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't fault anyone for grabbing what they can for themselves and their fiances. They are not the ones who decided to neglect thousands of fiances petitions and let them sit and rot. They are innocent victims of the service centers' failures to do what they are paid to do. If the service centers were not so totally incompetent, none of this would be necessary.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

You also have to remember that VJ only covers a small percentage of people filing cases so the

centres have thousands of others applying every month!

Not so sure now, when looking how VSC "is gathering dust" on Igor's list and CSC making so much progress.

Even more certain they dont actually work on family based petitions since everyone who called now/week/month ago keeps saying they "work on July 24"....

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Vermont has made its new policy quite clear by the Z-E-R-O progress it has made: If you do not force them and force them really hard, they will not process your petition, not now, not next month, not next year, not in 10 years, NOT EVER.

Z-E-R-O. That does not mean they will get to you eventually. Z-E-R-O means they will never get to you EVER. As in NEVER!!!!!!

Z-E-R-O means that patience is not an option.

Z-E-R-O. Get it? Not 5 a week or 2 or 1. Z-E-R-O.

They need to be forced on each and every petition, otherwise Z-E-R-O.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am moving this thread as the topic is not about discussing the process & procedure in getting a K-1 visa but rather more general in nature about the status of the USCIS

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It says on the site for USCIS its a 5 month waiting time for your NOA2 so maybe before complaining wait till this alotted time is over. I had to wait 147 days for mines to be approved after the NOA1! You also have to remember that VJ only covers a small percentage of people filing cases so the

centres have thousands of others applying every month! I understand the wait is terrible and makes things difficult but thats just the way it is due to the amount of applications.

Seriously? You are going to go there? I think anyone who uses this site knows that our time lines and Igor's list is only a small percentage of what gets processed through USCIS. (perhaps even as small as 1%) So repeating that fact over and over makes no difference and brings no comfort. What we do know is that 25 K-1 petitions were reported approved through CSC this past week by registered VJ'ers and in that same time frame only 1 reported K-1 approval coming from VSC. I currently have a K-1 petition at VSC and I am at 173 days of waiting along with many others there in the same situation...THAT is why the OP is preparing now and getting his letter ready.

K-1

8/5/2010 - NOA1

10/3/2010 - Touch

3/2/2011 - Touch, RFE :-(

3/11/2011 - Touch, RFE response Ack

4/13/2011 - Your I-129f was approved in 251 days from your NOA1 date

5/16-17/2011 - Medical

6/1/2011 - Visa Interview at USEM

6/18/2011 - POE (Las Vegas)

9/1/2011 - Marriage!

- - - - - - - - - - -

AOS

9/22/2011 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

This letter (about four pages) is far to long for anybody in congress who has anything to do to read. While I feel for the OP's situation, efforts would have a higher chance of return with a one pager written to an individual with a plea for help. I am not saying it does not contain good information or is not heartfelt, but it is asking for a group to act on what will take an increase in budget. These people, both Democrat and Republican, have their own agenda on what is most important, and increasing the budget for USCIS is the last thing they would want to do when they are being pressured to cut spending. Unfortunately few Americans care about the immigration of a foreign fiancée or spouse other than us who are trying to get it done. In fact, if left up to the majority, they would probably want to cut USCIS spending regardless of our need.

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I know picking on the Haitians is risque, but I made sure that they were "safe and secure" before denying them anything. So I don't think I came off as some sort of monster.

That's precisely the point, they are not "safe and secure" until they file for TPS and their request is processed. You are not going to get anywhere complaining about refugees and asylees (which, by the way, come from a number of countries, not just Haiti). Picking on the underdog just makes you seem like an over-privileged bully. Why don't you target any of the I129 Visas that get processed in two weeks to a month?

I-129F Fiance Visa

For full details see my "About me"

USCIS

11-22-2010 Received NOA1 01-27-2011 --> NOA2 *APPROVED!!!! (email)

NVC

02-24-2011 Receive Packet 3.5 via email --> 03-18-2011 Packet 3.5 Submitted

04-05-2011 Receive Packet 4

04-08-2011 INTERVIEW *APPROVED!!!!* --> 04-18-2011 Visa in hand

05-04-2011 **POE** JFK, NYC

AOS

05-21-2011 Social Security Card

06-18-2011 MARRIED!

07-11-2011 Filed AOS - 485, EAD, AP

07-13-2011 Received Confirmation email 07-14-2011 check cashed

07-18-2011 NOA1, I-797C received for AOS, EAD, AP

07-22-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

08-15-2011 Biometrics Appointment

09-09-2011 EAD and AP Approval notices via email

09-20-2011 Receive EAD/AP Card in the mail

09-29-2011 Interview! APPROVED!!!!

10-03-2011 Receive Welcome Letter

10-08-2011 Receive Greencard

I guess I will jump in and apply my “Two Cents.” Actually, I have no great wisdom to share pertaining to the immigration crisis. Rather in this case I will have to state the obvious. The problem with immigrations is we have allowed it to get out of control. Thus, all of us needing to seek this avenue wind up in the mist of the predicament. Portions of immigration are unlike other facets of the government. In other words, our fraction (the legal segment) doesn’t build a bridge, does not provide a hospital, or better education. Therefore, the media and political eyes are most likely not focused on our tribulations. Let me give you an example, just recently an immigration reform bill was voted on called the “Dream Act.” I do not have time here to debate my opinion of this bill, but would like to point out some evident conjecture. Not only are we abundantly aware of the disordered of the current immigration process, but now they wanted to pass such a bill before mending the current immigration problems. Notice I used the word “mend” versus reform. (There is your sign.) What’s really ironic here, and in the defense of our division of immigration, we actually pay for a portion of our administrative means. This is essentially like paying for government as you go. Yes, I realize this is not a new concept, except it is not one that is being practiced now. I sadly doubt there is any likelihood that media or anyone politician will take up our strife. Please do not misunderstand me. I’m not saying do not write your congress representative. Better yet, I believe our best focus will be to push for an overall immigration resolve, and then a better chance our path will be restored to a more efficient procedure. Ensuring that legal immigration comes in the front door to the U.S. and not the illegal backdoor will be a solid course of action for all. Meanwhile, let’s work together to assist others through these grueling obstacles. Thanks to all of those that have assisted us in the past, and those that will assist in the future.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's precisely the point, they are not "safe and secure" until they file for TPS and their request is processed. You are not going to get anywhere complaining about refugees and asylees (which, by the way, come from a number of countries, not just Haiti). Picking on the underdog just makes you seem like an over-privileged bully. Why don't you target any of the I129 Visas that get processed in two weeks to a month?

Better yet, do some real research that doesn't just involve VJ. Go to your local immigration assistance places and ask to do some sort of survey. As it's been pointed out, the USCIS does not only handle K1 and CR/IR-1 visas. I would survey the recent immigrants and ask not only what their timeline was but also what their experience was. The people you are trying to reach are reached with facts, figures and the bottom line. They will not be reached with phrases like “with no end in sight.” That’s simply not a true statement, there obvioulsy would be an end, maybe not in the timeframe we would like, but there will be an end.

Do some research on six sigma or some other process improvement program of your choice and get some real information. You have basically just whined to the teacher about Billy bothering you in class but you have nothing to back up your claims. This is the way I would look at it, I would determine first if the process is in control. For this, you need a whole heck of a lot of data so start gathering it now, figure a month on either side of their goal as in control and then see where the process is.

I feel your frustration, we all do. I’ve been there, my husband and I were apart for what seemed like a very long time and it was horrible. But you also need to remember that each and every person out there with a pending case could make the exact same argument that you are making. And contrary to your belief, their arguments are also just as valid as yours and their spot in line is just as important to their “family unit” as yours was to you.

If you send this the way it is right now, be sure that you will not effectively get your point across and you’ll just lose out on the postage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.