tulum

Divorce and Deportation...Help!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello and good luck to all on VJ. Unfortunately, I didnt have good luck and although we tried hard for a long hard year, my marriage is headed for divorce. There is no need to get into who is to blame- it just didnt work out. Part of the blame could be age and cultural differences. Anyway, my question is since she has only been in the country for a year and and a few months, about the same amount of time we have been married, and we didnt stay married for two years, can my soon to be ex-wfie still be deported? I dont want her to stay in the USA- i think she will make my life miserable if she stays and since our marriage was the reason she came here, if that no longer exists, can i have her deported? any ccurate information will be appreciated. I hope and pray all on here have wonderful lasting relationships. i wasnt so lucky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello and good luck to all on VJ. Unfortunately, I didnt have good luck and although we tried hard for a long hard year, my marriage is headed for divorce. There is no need to get into who is to blame- it just didnt work out. Part of the blame could be age and cultural differences. Anyway, my question is since she has only been in the country for a year and and a few months, about the same amount of time we have been married, and we didnt stay married for two years, can my soon to be ex-wfie still be deported? I dont want her to stay in the USA- i think she will make my life miserable if she stays and since our marriage was the reason she came here, if that no longer exists, can i have her deported? any ccurate information will be appreciated. I hope and pray all on here have wonderful lasting relationships. i wasnt so lucky

you cannot have her deported... she will be given due process and if she entered the marriage in good faith then there is a very good chance she can remain if that is her choice....

YMMV

Timeline

you cannot have her deported... she will be given due process and if she entered the marriage in good faith then there is a very good chance she can remain if that is her choice....

maybe i shouldve given more details- wounds are still kinda fresh, - i have reason to believe she married me under false pretense. if she just married me to get here and then divorce me, cant she be deported? where do you get your info- just asking so i can check it out

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

maybe i shouldve given more details- wounds are still kinda fresh, - i have reason to believe she married me under false pretense. if she just married me to get here and then divorce me, cant she be deported? where do you get your info- just asking so i can check it out

If she is a resident then she is afforded due process. If she is found to have entered the marriage solely for immigration benefits then it is possible to lose her residency status and be asked to leave. But actually having this happen appears to be the exception rather than the rule.

Google is a good starting point... USCIS website is another.... VJ's "Effects of change..." forum is yet another

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can't have her departed; that decision is the government's. If you believe she committed immigration fraud, then contact ICE (contact info at the bottom of the page) with all your evidence (and yes, you will need evidence for them to take you seriously)

***** moved from AOS to Effects of Major Family Change as OP is discussing divorce and deportation *****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

If she is a resident then she is afforded due process. If she is found to have entered the marriage solely for immigration benefits then it is possible to lose her residency status and be asked to leave. But actually having this happen appears to be the exception rather than the rule.

Google is a good starting point... USCIS website is another.... VJ's "Effects of change..." forum is yet another

thanks,i'll check that out............ i really hate feeling used, thats why i want her deported. otherwise i wouldnt care what she did or where she lived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Look in the: "Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits"

If she entered this in good faith, and provides evidence, she can remove conditions with a waiver of the joint filing requirement after divorce.

That forum you will find this question asked often..

EX:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289680-deportation/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289508-i-want-my-ex-spouse-deported

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

dont renew the greencard

Bill n Arlette Nehring

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2008-04-23

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-25

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-30

I-130 Approved : 2008-09-22

NVC Received : 2008-10-02

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-10-12

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-10-15

Receive I-864 Package : ???

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-11-12

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-10-30

Receive IV Bill : 2008-10-31

Pay IV Bill : 2008-11-3

11-21-2008. nvc operator says papers in system as of 11-17-2008 pending 2 to 4 week review

11-23-2008 nvc sends request for nbi clearance not just the local police clearance. found out from call on 12-1-2008

12-15-2008 case complete but interview date will be after january and is not set yet

1-4-2009 Interview is scheduled for Feb 13th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

dont renew the greencard

He doesn't need to "renew" the card. She has a 2 year conditional card that she needs to remove conditions (ROC) on. She can do this by still being married to the USC OR if she can prove she entered the marriage in good faith (evidence of joint bank accounts etc) then she ROC on her own.

If he has proof of her marrying him for fraudulent reasons (emails or something) then he should contact ICE with his evidence. He can still call ICE if he wants to, to at least talk to them and see what they say and what they need, but typically without evidence, they won't take any notice of it because he could just be a scorned lover.

thanks,i'll check that out............ i really hate feeling used, thats why i want her deported. otherwise i wouldnt care what she did or where she lived.

Sorry that you went thru the long, costly process only to find out her heart wasn't true.

How does she feel about getting on a plane and going home voluntarily? Could you smooze her into letting you buy her a one-way ticket home?

You said it yourself, that she came here to marry you, so what is here in the US for? You are on the hook for 10 years if she becomes a public charge.

Does she have family or another man here? THat would be a red flag.

Wish you the best!

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Sorry that you went thru the long, costly process only to find out her heart wasn't true.

How does she feel about getting on a plane and going home voluntarily? Could you smooze her into letting you buy her a one-way ticket home?

You said it yourself, that she came here to marry you, so what is here in the US for? You are on the hook for 10 years if she becomes a public charge.

Does she have family or another man here? THat would be a red flag.

Wish you the best!

The OP said he believes his wife married him under false pretenses...not necessarily that this is indeed the case. We have no more information that what was provided by the OP...at this point he fears his marriage is headed for divorce, but we dont know that this has materialized yet. Recommending that he dupe her into a one-way ticket home, as you put it is entirely premature. They are married you know...should he dupe her into a divorce as well...before or after he schmoozes her into that one way ticket?:blink:

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

The OP said he believes his wife married him under false pretenses...not necessarily that this is indeed the case. We have no more information that what was provided by the OP...at this point he fears his marriage is headed for divorce, but we dont know that this has materialized yet. Recommending that he dupe her into a one-way ticket home, as you put it is entirely premature. They are married you know...should he dupe her into a divorce as well...before or after he schmoozes her into that one way ticket?:blink:

That is another of YOUR four-letter-words, not mine.

Offensive Avatar Club Member long?

BOING!

Edited by Boing!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I moved to the US in order to marry and live with my husband. I also moved my 10 year old daughter. I sold all my worldly belongings, gave up my job and am starting to retrain to get US-based qualifications.

If, heaven forbid, anything should happen to our relationship I would be livid if I had to move back to the UK. We made a decision to start our lives here and I made a commitment to that decision by giving up everything back in England.

To the OP, I'm sorry to read that your marriage has failed, whatever the reason. I can also empathize with wanting to make as clean a break imaginable with a measure of revenge thrown in. But she is human too. You cited age and cultural differences, and you're probably right. Had you married a US citizen, no matter how difficult she was going to make your life post-divorce, you wouldn't have any such 'get rid of' process. I'm sure you didn't enter the marriage with the thought of 'oh well, if it doesn't work out, I'll just try and get her deported' so don't enter into divorce with that attitude.

Change the locks, change your number, advise security at work, get a restraining order against her if she starts being malicious but please don't sink to the low level of objectifying her through attempted deportation.

:yes::yes: .....Perfect post....I could not agree more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes,if you can show the evidence of your marriage was not the reason she came,she has to leave when her 2-year-green card ends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.