Macaroni

January 2011 filers

461 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We got the work authorization and advanced parole on the 28th of March, then we got a letter 2 days ago saying our AOS papers were transferred to the lock box in Oklahoma.....what does that mean? Any ideas?

Met in 2006... dated since 2008, engaged March 2010= Married January 21, 2011

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 6/28/10

I-129F NOA1 : 7/7/10

I-129F NOA2 : 10/29/10

NVC Received : 11/4/10

Packet 3 Sent : 11/29/10

Visa Received : 1/4/11 !!!!!

US Entry : 1/17/11

Marriage : 1/21/11

AOS package sent: 1/24/11

EAD and advanced parole 3/22/11

Interview date 5/16/11

APPROVED!!!!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Opps! Not Oklahoma! I was posting that from memory....to USCIS...does that mean that we will probably have an interview?

Thanks!

K1 Visa

Interview date 5/16/11

APPROVED!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Got email from USCIS stating an interview has been scheduled for May 9, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER... :)

The interview is not actually at the National Benefits Center. That is where the interview was scheduled but will be at your local USCIS office.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

The interview is not actually at the National Benefits Center. That is where the interview was scheduled but will be at your local USCIS office.

Good luck

Thanks, I got the postal mail today and got the low down on where the local USCIS office and a laundry list of many things they want to see at the interview. We sent a 6+ pound AOS package in Jan. I suspect the interview package will be of somewhat similar weight -- I am guessing it will be about 3 pounds or so.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hello All, I am new to the forum and am also awaiting AOS after filing in January. Here is my timeline and progress:

1/14/11 receipt date for AOS package

2/16/11 biometrics

3/16/11 EAD card production ordered and received within a week

no interview date yet

case update not available online

called for update and was told that case is awaiting interview in NYC

Timeline

Thanks, I got the postal mail today and got the low down on where the local USCIS office and a laundry list of many things they want to see at the interview. We sent a 6+ pound AOS package in Jan. I suspect the interview package will be of somewhat similar weight -- I am guessing it will be about 3 pounds or so.

We got our letter too, May 16th interview!

They do want a lot of information!! Many of the items needed say "unless already submitted" and I do feel like we already submitted almost everything for this LONG k1 process!

Guess its time to start to collect evidence:)

K1 Visa

Interview date 5/16/11

APPROVED!!!!

We got our letter too, May 16th interview!

They do want a lot of information!! Many of the items needed say "unless already submitted" and I do feel like we already submitted almost everything for this LONG k1 process!

Guess its time to start to collect evidence:)

Can both of you provide a list of the items that were requested so that other VJ members have an idea of what will be requested should we also need an interview!

Thanks....

229248abu3e9v4w9.gif

• AOS Status
  • 03-10-11 Day 00 = AOS FedEx overnight
  • 03-11-11 Day 01 = AOS at Chicago Lockbox FedEx Confirmation
  • 04-11-11 Day 32 = AOS Text/eMail Confirmation
  • 04-14-11 Day 35 = NOA (EAD & AOS)
  • 04-15-11 Day 36 = Bio-Metrics NOA
  • 05-10-11 Day 61 = Bio-Metrics Appointment
  • 05-17-11 Day 68 = Submitted Request to Correct Name on 485 & 765
  • 05-23-11 Day 74 = Status online shows I-765 (EAD) Approved
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = EAD arrived in the mail
  • 06-02-11 Day 84 = Went to SSA office (name wrong on Master Immigration List)
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = InfoPass to correct name
  • 06-12-11 Day 95 = SSA office again Pending name update
  • 06-??-11 Day ?? = Received Social Security Card
  • 08-03-11 Day 146 = AOS Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

My husband got his interview letter in the mail, for May 17. :( I am so stressed because that is during our honeymoon in Hawaii we cannot get our money refunded if we want to cancel or change the trip. *sigh* I knew this could possibly happen, but I was really hoping that if we had an interview it would be after our honeymoon... If the AOS interview was only a week later that would of been fine. I am researching about rescheduling AOS interviews... I was excited about finally being able to go on our honeymoon but now I feel sad and stressed out...

VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband got his interview letter in the mail, for May 17. :( I am so stressed because that is during our honeymoon in Hawaii we cannot get our money refunded if we want to cancel or change the trip. *sigh* I knew this could possibly happen, but I was really hoping that if we had an interview it would be after our honeymoon... If the AOS interview was only a week later that would of been fine. I am researching about rescheduling AOS interviews... I was excited about finally being able to go on our honeymoon but now I feel sad and stressed out...

Let us know if you are able to find a way to reschedule it. I have been worried that my husband will get an appt. letter dated for the time my daughter graduates in May. We have to drive 5 hours each way to get to our local office. It sucks that they are not more accommodating in how the scheduling goes. They must know people have lives, and sometimes life happens at the same time something else in your life is happening.

Good luck to you guys. I hope it all works out for you.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Well, when we booked our honeymoon, I was thinking this could possibly happen, but I didn't realize that rescheduling your AOS can end up so bad. (For example, people calling USCIS and rescheduling, but for some reason their local office never got that notice, and then they sent a denial notice because you didn't end up going to your original interview date) The reason we waited so long to go on our honeymoon was because we were waiting until my husband could get an Oregon Driver's License to use as ID to fly to Hawaii. We didn't want to fly with an expired I-94 in his passport. He couldn't get an Oregon Driver's License until he got his EAD. So once we got his EAD we went to the DMV to get his Driver's License. We booked the trip for as soon as next month because my husband thought he'll just look for jobs when we get back from our honeymoon, because we didn't want to book a two week long trip soon after he just got hired at a new job.

I just have no idea what will happen when we call the USCIS Customer Service number to reschedule. Our local office is also a 5 hour drive away. I am even willing to spend my next day off driving all day to Portland and back to go to an infopass appointment if that means they are willing to change our appointment, and that way I know our local office knows about the change. I just wish I could know for sure that they could do that before driving all the way to Portland, I would hate to have to drive all that way and they couldn't change the interview date for us... I just remember reading on VJ that someone recommended making an infopass appointment and reschedule your AOS interview there instead of calling that 1-800 number...

Edited by BirdyGirl85
VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you read through this thread, there were a couple people that were successful at getting theirs changed by writing their local office. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/174638-reschedule-initial-adjustment-of-status-interview/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.