January 2011 filers

461 posts in this topic

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Are there any other filers from JAN still awaiting AOS, or am I the only one?

UR not the only one, I sent my AOS on Dec, on March 23 my case was trasnfered to California but i havent heard from them either.

let me know if you have news

Cheers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Yes, well as Macaroni said, my husband and I are waiting for a date for our AOS interview since we had to reschedule. (Originally it was May 17) Everyday now when I get the mail I hope there will be a letter from USCIS for the rescheduled AOS interview. I hope we get it soon.

Macaroni, congrats on your husband getting a job! My husband has been applying for a lot of jobs now that we are back from our honeymoon. I hope he gets a job soon but I think it might be hard in this area...

VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

UR not the only one, I sent my AOS on Dec, on March 23 my case was trasnfered to California but i havent heard from them either.

let me know if you have news

Cheers

My case was sent to CSC on March 4th and havent heard anything regarding the AOS. Recv the EAD and AP the first week of april, and since then notta, nothing, zilch :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are there any other filers from JAN still awaiting AOS, or am I the only one?

Don't worry, You're not the only one :) I filed my AOS (i130, i483, i131, i693, i864) application during the last week of December 2010.

-NOA Application received January 3, 2011

-Biometrics notice received Feb, 10. Scheduled for March 10, 2011

-AP received March 3, 2011

-Biometrics completed March 10th, 2011.

I have not heard anything since my Biometrics was completed. My wife called USCIS yesterday and the agent told her that it usually takes about 6-24 months to process i485, so we should essentially be counting from this month on...Kicking myself because had I known, I would've filed my EAD as well...I'm a TN holder, but my current job is really frustrating me...Based on VJ, I was hoping to have my GC within 5 months. I just filed my EAD two days ago because I just graduated with a Master's degree and have a couple of employment opportunities that I would like to pursue...Hope I get it soon!

Anyways, from what I heard the processing time for AOS takes longer for NYC applicants...Oh well, trying to stay positive :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My case was sent to CSC on March 4th and havent heard anything regarding the AOS. Recv the EAD and AP the first week of april, and since then notta, nothing, zilch :(

I am not sure what is going on, but a lot of people were already approved. Hopefully we will receive an answer soon.

I will keep you posted

Timeline

Don't worry, You're not the only one :) I filed my AOS (i130, i483, i131, i693, i864) application during the last week of December 2010.

I have not heard anything since my Biometrics was completed. My wife called USCIS yesterday and the agent told her that it usually takes about 6-24 months to process i485, so we should essentially be counting from this month on...Kicking myself because had I known, I would've filed my EAD as well...I'm a TN holder, but my current job is really frustrating me...Based on VJ, I was hoping to have my GC within 5 months. I just filed my EAD two days ago because I just graduated with a Master's degree and have a couple of employment opportunities that I would like to pursue...Hope I get it soon!

Anyways, from what I heard the processing time for AOS takes longer for NYC applicants...Oh well, trying to stay positive :)

Update:

I-765 received by DHS on June 1st. Received i-797 NOA today regarding the processing of my i765 application.

Edited by kristianw

Timeline

Still no word on a new interview date... I feel impatient and want to get the interview over with, my husband doesn't seem to care when it gets here, since he has his EAD so at least he can apply for jobs now. Funny how he is the immigrant but yet I'm the one who is checking the mail everyday hoping there is a letter from USCIS for his rescheduled interview. :P But I really, I am not complaining, I am happy we were able to reschedule. It's just kind of weird having no idea when the interview will be now.

A friend of ours is coming to visit us July 25 to 27. She is coming all the way from Australia. I really hope the interview doesn't get scheduled during one of those days. But if it does, I am not rescheduling the interview again... She's just going to have to come with us to Portland. :lol: I guess it can be a little road trip. :P I doubt the interview would be scheduled during one those days, but it can happen... We'll see. Just have to wait I guess.

Edited by BirdyGirl85
VJAvatar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I contacted USCIS and they opened up a request to find out whats going on since its been more than 5 months and online shows 4 months processing, told me it will be completed in up to 30 days and gave me a long confirmation number. That was on June 20th, and havent heard anything. Im a bit worried since my congressmans office has been trying to find the file since June 3rd and still hasnt.....

Timeline

What you said makes me wonder, when should my husband and I contact USCIS...? I know it's been a long time because we rescheduled our interview, but I have thought, when should we start contacting USCIS if I think it's been too long of a wait? I'm thinking if by the end of July we still haven't gotten a letter for our rescheduled interview date, maybe we should start calling USCIS.

I hope you get some news soon, ttown3251.

VJAvatar.jpg

Timeline

I hope you get some news soon, ttown3251.

Thanks! its funny, I just received a text and email stating her card is in production. It only took them 10 days to find our file... If you feel you are over any time limits, by all means call them, and/or get your congressmans office involved....Its the only way to get them moving

Timeline

Recieved my EAD card in the mail yesterday. That was quick as I filed it separately on June 1, 2011. Now, if only the AOS could get processed just as quick! I'm still waiting!

Edited by kristianw

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband finally got a rescheduled AOS interview date! :D August 29. :)

Yay! Great news. Good luck! :star:

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.