Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Oh yay! Riverdance! I saw them once.... Pretty impressive. :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there Sister :luv:

Seems like you've been pretty good from your posts. Did you see the thread with VSC filer's pushing for a move via Tweet? If not, please ask Dizzy!!! If you don't know how to Tweet TWITTER (Tweeker? lol what is the name!?), she can point you to her post that teaches you how (I had no clue).

Hope you have a very peaceful day today!

Mari

No, I hadn't heard about that! I tweet frequently already so I'd love to know the details! DIZZYYYYY fill a girl in!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

I keep trying to add a link, but it won't take (either the link or my entire post)...does anyone know why?

Well it took that post, so must be the link. Was trying to post a link to livingsocial, which will donate $5 if you donate $5, to Japan. Thought it was a worthwhile link (I never post links like that, to facebook or anywhere...but was impressed with how much money livingsocial had already donated).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Where do we add to the recipes?

I'll share one!

Moroccan style meatball and egg tagine (stew) (Mkarwa)

(If you don't have a tagine pot, I'd do it in a large frying pan with a lid. It's not quite the same, but it works...

(Also, measurements? WHO NEEDS MEASUREMENTS???)

Ingredients:

For sauce:

3-4 tomatoes

Small can of tomato paste

1/2 large onion, diced

2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped

Olive oil

Handful of chopped fresh coriander/cilantro

Handful of chopped fresh parsley

Cumin, Paprika, Cinnamon, Salt

For meatballs:

Ground Beef (or lamb, or even turkey if you want to be healthier but unauthentic) For 4 people, I'd say about a pound.

1/2 large onion, finely chopped

Handful of chopped fresh coriander/cilantro

Handful of chopped fresh parsley

Salt, your favorite ground chili powder, cumin

At the end:

2-3 eggs

(Shredded cheese is not traditional, but is DELICIOUS if you really want to make this unhealthy but amazing)

Start with the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a tagine or in a large saucepan that has a lid. Sautee the onions until translucent. Peel tomatoes (this is easy if you drop them in boiling water for 30 seconds or so), seed them unless you are lazy like me, chop, and add to onions. Add tomato paste and spices; simmer until tomato is all broken up. Add water as needed-- sauce should be thick, but should not burn.

While sauce is simmering, make your meatballs. These can also be made ahead of time and frozen. Mix all ingredients together, and form small-to-medium balls.

Cook meatballs in sauce until done, covering saucepan with a lid or with the tagine top on.

Just before serving, while heat is still on, crack 2-3 raw eggs over the top, and cover and cook for 5-10 minutes-- enough for the egg whites to cook, but leaving the yolks a bit runny still. If desired, add the unauthentic cheese.

Serve immediately.

SUPER YUMMY. Not super healthy, but if you use low-fat ground turkey, it's not so bad. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

ugh... what a day. I type up a quick response and instead of click "post," I click "add reply" and what happens? Here I am again. TAKE 2! ACTION!

Now I'm even more hungry because combined with reading about it, typing about it, and now further thinking about it.. I'm hungrier! I'm also exhausted, espcially mentally from work and I just don't want to workout but I know I need to (I HAVE TO). I hope everyone's workouts are going great and as planned!

So a coworker who also has a K-1 pending at the CSC called yesterday because he sent it in around the end of October. They told him it should be soon that he gets reviewed because they are in the mid-October petitions right now (with a few from Jan/Feb/Mar mixed in there it seems). So, they are moving along and we're getting closer in line!!! Every time I check my e-mail it is like the lottery. I get excited anticipating that big win, and then I check and realize I got nothing! But soon, I will win... and it will be big (I'm talking about the NOA2, not the lottery!)

Well, off to make myself workout. Legs and back tonight... "yay"

-Shawn

*hit post this time, hit post this time, hit post this time!*

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

LOL yeah...Am Flip. Dad is Ret. Army Officer.. Born in So. Calif moved to Nor Cal later. Family in PI are mostly from Northern part. Kinda mixed in the bloodline; Castillian (Conquistadors) & Greek (Spartan)... no wonder I have a little temper when you mix that with an Islander!!!! ha ha.:lol: I tried to warn Kadir about this.

Cool! My fiance is Filipino also, but grew up in the States. And what do you know, he's from the Northern part of the Philippines as well.

Hahahaha!! I know! Me too, my temper and frustration shows, but my guy already knows that cause he's almost always on the receiving line.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ok so I'm home now.... :yes:

After work I had an hour or so massage. I needed it. Then a quick grocery run, some homemade Turkish food, and here I am! Yeah!!

Alrighty, I see we have a link so we can donate to Japan. Thanks for that Jennifer & Byron.

And we have our first recipe!!!!! Thank you Kristen, I love Moroccan food and its one of my favourites next to Turkish (of course). I'll post one soon.

Am I the only one who can't get used to this time change (daylight savings)? Seriously it's 8:31pm now and I want to get in the bed. lol

Mari

PS: Shawn, what were you typing about and getting hungry about?

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

We should put together a VJ Recipe Book. Everyone can submit their favorite ethnic and traditional dishes. All proceeds will go to hiring new USCIS petition adjucators!

Who is with me?? :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Ok, I am sharing a recipe from Switzerland:

Älplermagronen is a very typical Swiss „Pasta-Dish“ with lots of cheese and potatoes and onions. Instead of eating Raclette or Fondue on a cold winter night, Älplermagronen are a great alternative. It is a heavy meal, not the best for loosing weight :-)

Recipe is valid for 4 eaters

500 grs Makkaroni or Hörnli

3 baking potatoes

2 large onions diced

2 tablespoons butter

4 dl cream or milk (you can mix half half of it)

400 grs grated cheese (i.e. Sbrinz, Gruyere, Bergkäse = a older, stronger hard cheese)

a touch of nutmeg and salt and pepper

Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 – 3 cm big pieces.

Cook the potatoes “al-dente”.

Cook the Makkaronis al-dente.

In the meantime, melt the butter and sauté the onions, until gold-brown (you can also add some honey)

Boil up the crème-and-milk mix, add the nutmeg and some pepper. Towards the end, add about 100 gr. of the cheese.

In a casserole, mix the potatoes with the Makkaronis, 200 grs cheese and half of the browned onions.

Pour over the creme-and-milk-and cheese mix.

Stir up well.

Top it with the remaining cheese and the onions.

Put it in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes (at 200°) until the cheese melted.

Serve with “Apfelmus” (applesauce) and enjoy.

And as we say: e Guete (enjoy your meal)

Edited by swissmiss2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Ok, I am sharing a recipe from Switzerland:

Put it in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes (at 200°) until the cheese melted.

Serve with “Apfelmus” (applesauce) and enjoy.

And as we say: e Guete (enjoy your meal)

Is that 200 C or F? :lol:

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Timeline

We should put together a VJ Recipe Book. Everyone can submit their favorite ethnic and traditional dishes. All proceeds will go to hiring new USCIS petition adjucators!

Who is with me?? :)

LOL KiwiBirdy this is what happens when you don't get in here more often to say hello and give us a hug! See post #758.... you're a day late and a dollar short. LOL LOL LOL :rofl:

I'm so happy you're here. But I still get you and KiwiJen mixed up! WAaaaaaaaaaaay mixed up. Hey, curious here. Are you still packing house and all that good stuff that comes with moving? Truly and I cannot lie, I hate moving. I'm great at packing but omg, if I have to unpack, I'm cranky. LOL Mostly because everything has to be put in perfect order. Strangely, I love decluttering (I have joy in giving, throwing out, and organizing what I keep), but for some reason... :whistle: it grows back to original size! I am now studying how to be a minimalist. It's a challenge. One show that makes me sick is that channel ,TLC -- "extreme hoarders. buried alive" ... omg they're pack rats and pigs! LOL That alone is motivational I can assure you. It's so ... unhealthy! *you can google that show online if you're curious*

Anyway, Good Morning Miss Ki- Weeeee-Neeeee! :luv:

Love ya,

Mari

Timeline

Dear Decemberites:

For recipes that use the metric system, here is a converter (link).

For grams to ounces: http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/grams-to-ounces-table.htm

You can print this format from the above chart if you like:

http://www.metric-conversions.org/cgi-bin/util/conversion-table.cgi?type=5&from=15&to=3&start=0&res=1

Here is the website which also offers different types of conversions: http://www.metric-conversions.org/

Bon Appetit Decemberites! (F)

Mari

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.