Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

can anyone answer my question????

So i may be a little slow buttt..... with this 5 months wait...Is it 5 months until we get our NOA 2 ? or is that final approval? how long is it approx until I will be allowed to see my fiance again??? :(

Thanks for your help!!!

Kiria

Kiria,

The 5+ month goal is the approximation time the CSC or VSC (service centers) . They use this as a timeline, if you will, to have your petition approved or RFE'd. As it goes, the Service Center reports from those VJ'er before us (filers from July - Aug - Sept) have still not been completed. Thus, the service centers are backlogged. Don't lose hope though, they are moving along! You just might be surprised and get that NOA2 in the mailbox on or about the 5 month mark!

So let's clarify:

5+ mos = Approx. date of service centers to complete your petition and give you NOA2 or RFE

Final Approval .... hmmm, if you get the NOA2, then your petition is approved to move onto the National Visa Center (NVC). Things move faster from that point and your fiance will get a letter of Embassy appointment (the interview date)sent to him. This is where we are already prepared with the NOA2 list on this thread. They go to their medical exam just before their interview.

If he / she passes the medical & interview at Embassy, then they take his passport and they put his US VISA in it; send it back to him, UPS to his home!

I hope that helps and if I have it wrong, somebody please correct me.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

I've been reading up a little bit in this threat, but I couldn't find one thing that i am actually trying to get myself.

I have a vaccination record from my home country. But the problem that I have is that the medical papers that I do have are in Swedish.

My guess would be that I would have to get them translated and notarized. I guess I should just spare all that hassle and just take new vaccine shots in my current country.. *Ireland*

What do you guys think?

I have already requested my birth certificate and Police records from Sweden. So that is done ! Then the only thing I really need to sort out would be my medical.

I have also emailed the certified doctor that does the medical here in Dublin to see if he does shots as well. and if so, how much would it cost me. Since I know the medical is already 350 euros !

Any one else out there that's currently residing in another country other than your homeland that is doing twice the work?

Hey! How are you today?

Re: Vaccinations. I think its a very good idea you have yours translated and see which ones you have had. I tend to use Tetanus as an example as it is only given every 10 years. So, just getting random ones that are on the USCIS list really wouldn't be prudent.

Also, the criteria would be very important, specifically: (See post #341 Advisory Committee of Immunization Practices link)

*ACIP recommends vaccines for a certain age range in the general U.S. public. These ACIP recommendations will be used to decide which vaccines are age-appropriate for the general immigrant population.

Basically, you need to see your Physician to help determine which ones would be appropriate using the CDC / ACIP criteria for immigration. Be sure to keep all your records updated and make extra copies or scan them into your pc so you can always have them on hand. I would want to know if the Consulate General / Civil Surgeon would approve your private physician's treatment and concur which ones you'll need for your vaccinations & immigration purposes; Be sure to mention "if you had them done months prior to the medical examination". I think it's great you will call the Civil Surgeon in Dublin to find out more! That's a head's start!

This is something you might want to research out before you get a few shots of anything (aside an Irish Whiskey!) lol. I'd hate to have any kind of problems that could be prevented with a few fone calls to them.

Let us know how it goes when you find out and please keep us posted!

Mari

Timeline

Hello, just want to say thank you for inviting Me & Jen to this thread, the information here is really great!!

:energy: Welcome Lee & Jen to the Thread!!!:energy:

Glad you like the info and hope to see your posts in the future!

Mari

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys! Mari and Kadir invited me in this forum, but I am a January filer (or a November 2010, not really sure).

We sent our petition in Nov 25, but was rejected due to incorrect fee (oh well... *sigh*)

Anyway, we sent it back on Jan 12, and got NOA1 on Jan 13.

Good luck to all of us! Let's hold on because it's going to be quite a wait... :-)

Timeline

Hey guys! Mari and Kadir invited me in this forum, but I am a January filer (or a November 2010, not really sure).

We sent our petition in Nov 25, but was rejected due to incorrect fee (oh well... *sigh*)

Anyway, we sent it back on Jan 12, and got NOA1 on Jan 13.

Good luck to all of us! Let's hold on because it's going to be quite a wait... :-)

Yes that would make you a January Filer, but thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

I nearly did that same thing with the incorrect fee! I was ready to send ours in Nov 23rd the day the fee went into effect! Was lucky enough to find out & have bank check reissued for correct amount, even if I didn't end up sending that until Nov 30th. All is well :innocent: . Curious how soon it was after you sent in your Nov petition before they sent you an RFE?

Best of luck to you and no worries about the wait... there's so much other stuff to complete before they get here.

Mari :star:

Timeline

:reading: HEY DEC K1 2010 THREAD!! GET UPDATED ON THE NEWS AROUND HERE!! :secret:

*** You're going to see this message with updates around in future posts so ALL OF US can get ready for each step of the Visa Journey! !***

Here are the previous post that will give you Thread Map for the USCIS links & information Currently, we're working on preparation of Packet #2 & Request to be Added to Timeline

• Page 17 ...............................Post # 251................................Packet #2 List ** PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS**
  • Page 7................................. Post # 98.................................. Your NOA1 Date
  • Page 23 .............................. Post # 331 ...............................Timeline By DizzyLox with Dec Filer's Daily Updated List (Updated M-F, No weekends)
  • Page 23............................... Post # 331............................... ADD ME to TIMELINE (Hit Reply for Dizzylox to Request Dizzy to Add you)
  • Page 10 ...............................Post # 142............................... Dec K1 2010 Thread's GAME PLAN
  • Page 11............................... Post #151.................................USCIS Service Center's EMAIL ADDRESSES & HEADQUARTER's SERVICE CENTER OPERATIONS
  • Page 17................................Post #251.................................CSC & VSC Processing Time (not a promise or a guarantee)
  • Page 20................................Post #294 ................................Igor's List CSC & VSC (Your place in line = approximation)
  • Page 22................................Post #316 &329......................Preparation for Medical Examination // Amendment post# 329
  • Page 23 .............................. Post# 341.................................CDC & Immigration Criteria for required vaccinations (record & history review for beneficiary)
  • Page 23................................Post #345.................................Best Wedding links by Wendie
  • Page 25................................Post#361..................................The Most Overlooked Tax Deductions Article by Kiplinger.com
  • Page 25................................Post # 362.................................Nesting for our Fiance's new home! Clean, Declutter and Organize before they get here.

Thanks Everybody You're Stupendous!

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Having some time off at work I decided to go on Visa Journey just to read a little bit on what's going on..

Apparently Vermont service centre are having major backlogs when it comes to K1 visas. and they are already 1 month behind CSC and it just keeps on getting worse.

Right now the NoA2 date is increased from 5 months to 6 months and by the looks of it.. it will just keep on increasing.

I noticed that a lot of the people in here got their K1's Sent to csc though.. so I am very happy for you. I just hope that mine won't be delayed too much.. But nothing you can do but to wait until the 5 month mark comes and see where I stand I guess :]

Also, Thanks to the information about the vaccinations!

Good mornin', gang!!

I typically update the Dec Timeline list in the mornings M - F buuut...I just started a new job today :) So it looks like I'll be updating at night instead :)

Will update and add you all soon.

Welcome to the thread!!! xo

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

Good mornin', gang!!

I typically update the Dec Timeline list in the mornings M - F buuut...I just started a new job today :) So it looks like I'll be updating at night instead :)

Will update and add you all soon.

Welcome to the thread!!! xo

:luv: Hey Mrs. Loxy! Great news about the new job and Congratulations! :luv:

You're the best at this timeline stuff! Thank you & Mr Loxy for this.

Love ya,

Mari

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Having some time off at work I decided to go on Visa Journey just to read a little bit on what's going on..

Apparently Vermont service centre are having major backlogs when it comes to K1 visas. and they are already 1 month behind CSC and it just keeps on getting worse.

Right now the NoA2 date is increased from 5 months to 6 months and by the looks of it.. it will just keep on increasing.

I noticed that a lot of the people in here got their K1's Sent to csc though.. so I am very happy for you. I just hope that mine won't be delayed too much.. But nothing you can do but to wait until the 5 month mark comes and see where I stand I guess :]

Also, Thanks to the information about the vaccinations!

Hi phyxsius, I am in the same boat as you. I am very anxious to get down to the US with my K1 and start helping and living with my fiance. I, too, am nervously watching VSC fall behind CSC. Things are not encouraging today as there seem to be zero approvals in the works and it is almost the end of the day there. I hope they squeeze out at least a couple so we know they are doing something with K1s. If not to reassure us, then to at least give all the July/August/September VSC filers some relief. I certainly hope that approvals for our VSC petitions do not take 6 months or more. 5 months or less would be ideal.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi phyxsius, I am in the same boat as you. I am very anxious to get down to the US with my K1 and start helping and living with my fiance. I, too, am nervously watching VSC fall behind CSC. Things are not encouraging today as there seem to be zero approvals in the works and it is almost the end of the day there. I hope they squeeze out at least a couple so we know they are doing something with K1s. If not to reassure us, then to at least give all the July/August/September VSC filers some relief. I certainly hope that approvals for our VSC petitions do not take 6 months or more. 5 months or less would be ideal.

If you don't mind my asking, how can you tell that they haven't processed any for the day? Are you going by Igor's list and you haven't seen anyone update today or do you have alternate way to review actual service center stats?

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It really is funny how much you collect over the years. Last October I moved out of a 3 bedroom home with a basement into a 1 bedroom apartment closer to work. I have had a head start on getting rid of things. I warned Michael that what he sees in the apartment is mostly all coming with me! I also have boxes labeled and ready for the big day that we do our 'Port of Entry'. So far 12 boxes and many more to go!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

It really is funny how much you collect over the years. Last October I moved out of a 3 bedroom home with a basement into a 1 bedroom apartment closer to work. I have had a head start on getting rid of things. I warned Michael that what he sees in the apartment is mostly all coming with me! I also have boxes labeled and ready for the big day that we do our 'Port of Entry'. So far 12 boxes and many more to go!

Ok Lise, that is way too organized for me today. lol.... ach! I am sitting in my office and writing files. Lots and lots of files! When am I going to pack? LOL and then you 'warned Michael" and I'm lol'ing here!

How's your day going?

Mari

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.