Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We were orignally planning for a mid august wedding but yeah.... plans have changed due to processing rates

So at the moment we are planning for a mid-september to late october wedding.

Think I still have a chance to get to USA by end of August to start college?

NOA was 30th of Dec 2011...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We were orignally planning for a mid august wedding but yeah.... plans have changed due to processing rates

So at the moment we are planning for a mid-september to late october wedding.

Think I still have a chance to get to USA by end of August to start college?

NOA was 30th of Dec 2011...

I don't know, I think it might be kinda close. (but I'm hoping for the both of us for our fall weddings)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't know, I think it might be kinda close. (but I'm hoping for the both of us for our fall weddings)

If your wedding isn't till November then I don't see why you wouldn't have your visa approved by then.

I think the visa times are going to either stay the way they are or speed up, they can't keep going on with people going over 5 months like this.

But yeah if I have calculated correctly I should hopefully have visa approved by mid august, thats if I do everything I can to speed things up (have forms ready, have everything complete and done so I can send straight back after receiving it, and lots of prayer :P)

But yeah I have already had to push the wedding back a few months, I dont mind as much if I miss college but if the visa isn't complete by mid september I am in trouble...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I love your date!! very cute. I also hope we are done by then so my fiance can help me with the last 2 months of wedding planning before our 1/14/12 wedding. :thumbs:

(I might have him licking envelopes or something..)

LOL Wendie............ exercise Sam lol... before the wedding! LOL :P

PS: just fyi--- the human tongue is a muscle.

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Hi All!

I'm around, but I update now in the evenings too (like Mrs Loxxxxxxxy). Trying to get work stuff completed before a deadline, amongst other things... Move house!

Hope all is well and Miss you all!

(L) (L) (L) (L) Reminder: VALENTINE's DAY IS COMIN'.... Are you ready? (L) (L) (L) (L)

Mari

PS: Kadir gets to come back from USAF base - Iraq in 16 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please pray he returns home safely, it's been crazy over there.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We have actual solid wedding plans right now for 11-11-11. I'm praying I will be approved in time, because we don't really have a backup. :(

Same as Christine we have solid 11-11-11 plans outdoors at a State Park, I do have a back up fall plan though. Our caterer has a on-site business as well that we can move to if need be so the only thing that will change is the location. I still am voting for Plan A at the park though!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Updated Feb 11. 2010

Hey guys!!! <3

5v7mm0.png

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

We have plans for 10/1/11 but I'm biting my nails about it. We will have to see how things go. Got my senator and congressman on speed dial lol. Either way, we will all be ok <3

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We have plans for 10/1/11 but I'm biting my nails about it. We will have to see how things go. Got my senator and congressman on speed dial lol. Either way, we will all be ok <3

Am I the only one not planning a big affair? Dipu and I just plan to throw together a small affair for just immediate family and a few friends (OK, more like 50 people) at a church and then at a nice restaurant for dinner. No decorations or photographer or band, just getting together for good food and drinks and the opportunity for everyone to meet him. If we choose not to do it on a Saturday, it seems like all facilities have openings and reduced rates because it's a non-traditional day.

I feel too overwhelmed to try to plan a big traditional wedding and deal with all of the visa stress, preparing my closets to accommodate a second person and job stress too. Besides, I'd rather use my wedding budget for a super-awesome honeymoon :)

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Timeline

Oh how much I love to read all the posts when I get the chance! I'm not sure how to multi-reply, but here is all I have to say!

For Lise & Christine: I love that 11-11-11 wedding date.

Mrs. Loxxxxxy: OK I LOL'd when I read you have your Senator and Congressman on speed dial. GREAT IDEA btw lol

Bec: No you're not the only one planning sm. intimate wedding. We are also planning small. However, I can see now that my list has increased as people are starting to call us (me), and telling us they'll be there! LOL I have not sent out Save the Dates, Invites and I do not have anything booked! I do know that even if you invite 200 guests, at least 50 don't show up. So..... lol ... we'll see.

Sidenote: Bec are you sure you're not doing the photographer? Would be good to have for at least your 2yr interview before he gets the 10yr GC (proof of marriage relationship, etc). Well, at least get disposable cameras! LOL

OK that's it for now, I'm supposed to be writing reports and I had to get on here to say hello!

Hope everyone has great weekend!!!

Mari

Timeline

If your wedding isn't till November then I don't see why you wouldn't have your visa approved by then.

That's what I keep telling myself (since I am doing all the same things as you in regard to trying to be as prepared in advance as possible to speed things up) but I am terrible for worrying.

I was really freaking out the last few days about making the wedding date on time, but seeing other people here with concrete plans for around the same time as me is reassuring. I sent away for my long form birth certificate today, so it was also satisfying to be doing something.

Bec_Dipu: You're totally right - planning a wedding on top of immigration stress and moving (I'm even the one moving!) and everything is really overwhelming. I really wanted to have my wedding on the day I legally get married though, even though I know it doesn't really matter, and I've always really dreamed of a 'big' wedding (it'll be under 70 guests) so we're trying to make it all work. I feel like I'm in the minority though, a lot of people I know/speak to seem to be doing a courthouse marriage/very small wedding rather than the whole big thing.

EVERYONE: We're well on our way to being halfway there! (or at least those of us with early December NOA1 dates, and the rest of you are not far behind!) Chin up, everybody!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's what I keep telling myself (since I am doing all the same things as you in regard to trying to be as prepared in advance as possible to speed things up) but I am terrible for worrying.

I was really freaking out the last few days about making the wedding date on time, but seeing other people here with concrete plans for around the same time as me is reassuring. I sent away for my long form birth certificate today, so it was also satisfying to be doing something.

I know the feeling about being reassured by other people's plans. I thought I was crazy to plan the wedding in January and to invite 150+ people..but I'm comforted by hearing what others have planned. I'm glad I'm not the only one on VJ who has a church wedding planned and is already looking at vendors, etc.

Next week I'm headed to Cali to see my family, my bridesmaids and venues! I'm so excited but also worried about the costs of a large wedding in California. :wacko: Hope I come back with my dress ordered, bridesmaid dresses selected, and a reception venue in my budget! I'll keep you gals informed!

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Timeline

Next week I'm headed to Cali to see my family, my bridesmaids and venues! I'm so excited but also worried about the costs of a large wedding in California. :wacko: Hope I come back with my dress ordered, bridesmaid dresses selected, and a reception venue in my budget! I'll keep you gals informed!

Good luck! In two weeks I'm heading to Atlanta for 3 weeks to see Blake and hopefully we'll get settled on our caterer, photographer, and hotel recommendations for the guests (and anything else I can manage! haha)

Whats everyone up to for Valentines day?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Am I the only one not planning a big affair? Dipu and I just plan to throw together a small affair for just immediate family and a few friends (OK, more like 50 people) at a church and then at a nice restaurant for dinner. No decorations or photographer or band, just getting together for good food and drinks and the opportunity for everyone to meet him. If we choose not to do it on a Saturday, it seems like all facilities have openings and reduced rates because it's a non-traditional day.

I feel too overwhelmed to try to plan a big traditional wedding and deal with all of the visa stress, preparing my closets to accommodate a second person and job stress too. Besides, I'd rather use my wedding budget for a super-awesome honeymoon :)

That is what Michael and I are doing, family and friends, no more than 50 people at a State Park and I can vouch that small intimate weddings can be as stressful as large traditional weddings, making a decison big or small is all the same. I try very hard to keep in mind it really is all about our love and spending the rest of our lives together and if something material doesnt' work out in terms of wedding 'stuff'..oh well, we will still be Mr & Mrs Lee. So with all our arrangements to plan the wedding all I really need now is that little piece of paper allowing me to live in the USA!

Have an awesome day everyone!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.