pdmacca

Just Beginning...Need my UK fiance' here yesterday.....

97 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone! My name is Dawn my fiance's name is Paul. I'm in the US and he is in the UK. Our ultimate goal is for him to move here. We know I have to file the 129 petition but would love for someone to let us know time-lines etc. We met online almost 4 mths ago and have not met in person; airfare tickets and knowing it would crush us to separate again. I suppose my question is, how much weight is put on meeting in person? Also, can he come here before the process is completed? Should he come on a tourist visa first to meet? Thank you so much for helping.

Dawn

Paul & Dawn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It is required that you meet in person when you file your I-129F. You must show pictures of the two of you together.

Good luck on your journey. My fiance is also from England. We filed our petition on Oct. 22. We expect that he will be here around July 1st if that gives you any idea of a timeline.

Read the guides, the timelines and use Visa Journey. It's a huge help!!!

Consulate.............London

I-129F sent...........10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1........10/27/2010

I-129F NOA2.........04/06/2011 (161 days)

Interview date.........6/27/2011

Interview result.......Approved!!!

Visa rec....................7/11/11

POE .........................8/5/111

Marriage..................9/10/11 (finally <3)

AOS

Sent.................9/29/2011

NOA1...............10/5/2011

Biometrics.......12/7/2011

Transferred to CSC...........12/15/2011

RFE :( ...................3/16/2012

Approved/Card Production.......4/11/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A lot of weight is put on meeting in person, as in you MUST meet in person before you petition for your fiance. If you do not, your petition will be rejected (as you must show proof of having met in person) and they keep the filing fee

he may visit, admittance and duration of stay is up to the border agent at the time of crossing.

Look at 8 - 12 months for a total from petitioning to visa

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Meet first, you go and see him, he comes and sees you, whatever works best.

Then take it from there, you are jumping too far ahead.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

See below taken from the fiance(e) petition instructions:

Who May File Form I-129F

You may file this petition if:

1. You are a U.S. citizen, and

2. You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States, and are both free to marry, and have met in person within two years before your filing of this petition

I suggest that you read through the K1 Guide here on VisaJourney. It's a great introduction to the process.

Welcome to VJ

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It is required that you meet in person when you file your I-129F. You must show pictures of the two of you together.

Good luck on your journey. My fiance is also from England. We filed our petition on Oct. 22. We expect that he will be here around July 1st if that gives you any idea of a timeline.

Read the guides, the timelines and use Visa Journey. It's a huge help!!!

Thank you Lori for your help. It is great to know you are in a similar process. Perhaps we can stay in touch on here. Thanks again.

Paul & Dawn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

* Moved from K1 Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports to the K1 Process & Procedure forum *

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Thank you Lori for your help. It is great to know you are in a similar process. Perhaps we can stay in touch on here. Thanks again.

it's always nice to have someone else in the same position. I'd love to keep in touch!!! Best of luck

I-129F sent...........10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1........10/27/2010

I-129F NOA2.........04/06/2011 (161 days)

Interview date.........6/27/2011

Interview result.......Approved!!!

Visa rec....................7/11/11

POE .........................8/5/111

Marriage..................9/10/11 (finally <3)

AOS

Sent.................9/29/2011

NOA1...............10/5/2011

Biometrics.......12/7/2011

Transferred to CSC...........12/15/2011

RFE :( ...................3/16/2012

Approved/Card Production.......4/11/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You should also take into consideration that moving to the UK will be a much quicker process than moving to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

i would have to agree with boiler about moving over there, if i didn't have 3 kids i would definitely have done just that. my fiance is from the uk as well, our receipt date is july 6th, and at this point looking like he'll be here around mid february if we're lucky.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My Fiance is also from the UK. You have to meet in person, and it sounds like you're thinking a bit ahead at this point. Meet in person first, and go from there. He can come here and you can go there during the process. My fiance has come to visit twice since we applied.

Service Center ....California

I-129F sent...........06/15/10

I-129F NOA1........06/22/10

Check Cashed.........06/25/10

Touch ...................06/30/10

I-129F RFE...........

I-129F NOA2.........

NVC Received......

NVC left..................

Consulate rec.......

Packet 3 rec...........

Packet 3 sent.........

Packet 4 rec...........

Interview date.........

Interview result.......

Visa rec....................

POE .........................

Marriage..................

*********Patiently (or not so patiently) Waiting*****************

Timeline

Hi Guys

Permanent Resident living now in the USA original from UK.

Ye you have to defo meet in person, the more the better with loads

of pictures and confirmation of contact between you both, keep everything.

We started our process back in Dec 2008 and from start to finish it took 12 months

roughly....as previously said it would be quicker moving to the UK lol although

there are in my case anyway more benefits for moving here.

Good luck to you both keep strong it is all worth it in the end.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is absolutely no one's business what you decide to do, however since you started a topic that everyone can see, most people ate going to comment before they address the question that you're asking.

How in the world do you decide to marry someone you have never met, too fairy tale. He is allowed to visit the US just as much as you are allowed to visit the UK. I would suggest you two visit each other at least ONCE, meet his family, have him meet yours and then decide where to go from there. The k1 is meant to be a quicker process than the cr1, however it can be a major headache dealing with uscis, the cost is never ending, even after he comes. So decide if you really want to go through with this for someone you have never met.

The only way uscis accepts you two jot ever meeting, is unless its an arranged marriage and you have to show proof that its an arranged marriage.

Welcome to vj and best of luck on your journey!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.