pdmacca

Just Beginning...Need my UK fiance' here yesterday.....

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm very sad...

I just arrived at the Hotel in Seatle, and was anxious to see any messages from all my fans, but nothing... I was hoping for more dialogue on how to have a relationship and hopefully teach you all some more relationship stuff, but nobody here... :devil:

Ok, I'll wait.. Sweet dreams everyone...

Kenny

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone – interesting discussion!

I think there is a difference between falling in love with someone and loving them and I believe that you can love someone before you meet them. We all have our own definitions on what love is so we cannot and should not judge another person’s feelings and reasons for what they believe love is. I agree with Kristy in that during an online relationship the physical distractions are removed and you can concentrate on the mental and emotional connections.

Nathan and I met online while he was stationed in Iraq with the US Army. I can’t say that I fell in love with him online but, over time, after around six months, I definitely knew I felt something for him. At first I tried to tell myself there was no way I could feel the way I did about someone I’d never met but the feelings just wouldn’t go away and they were feelings which I hadn’t felt for anyone else, even my ex husband (I was married for 12 years). It was the same for Nathan. It was only when we met for the first time that we realised we were more than just friends and we did in fact love each other and we quickly fell in love soon after. We haven’t filed our petition (we haven’t yet decided which route to take), but we are in no rush and are really enjoying being in our relationship. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the website and reading about everyone’s own journeys. I’m flying to the USA for three weeks on 19 December and can’t wait to be back with him. :dance:

Good luck to you all!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I'm very sad...

I just arrived at the Hotel in Seatle, and was anxious to see any messages from all my fans, but nothing... I was hoping for more dialogue on how to have a relationship and hopefully teach you all some more relationship stuff, but nobody here...

Ok, I'll wait.. Sweet dreams everyone...

Kenny

In response to your other messages. THOSE made more sense and sound less judgemental.

Yes, there are butterfly relationships out there that last 5 minutes and cause divorce stastics to skyrocket. But there are also stories of the grandparents who dated for 2 weeks and were married for 60 years.

I think it is truly a matter of the individuals in the relationship.

Dang lunch time! More later. XD

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow,this thread is still alive,very well said,It boggles the mind how someone can say that they're soul mate is across the ocean,and never having met them profess true love!Just crazy,yes you may like the person,in your mind love the person,but there are hundreds of people online that you could of met and said the same thing!....Until you MEET in person establish a real relationship"AKA" person to person,and not for a few weeks at a time but being and living together will you know exactly where you stand...It is utterly foolish to think otherwise..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
It is utterly foolish to think otherwise..

In your opinion! ;)

It's completely hilarious to me how many people are sitting here saying "YES, it happened to me!!!" and there are still people saying it's not possible or irrational. When did love come with an instruction book that tells you exactly when and how it is supposed to happen? There are people on this forum right now saying that good things happened to them, and there have been people around who have said they made a mistake and it didn't work for them!

The divorce rates in the U.S. are at 50% I'll take those odds and hope that 10 years from now it works out, the 20 years from now it works out, and so forth. Nothing is a guarantee when it comes to the actions of another. All ANY of us can do is HOPE that our initial feelings last a lifetime or the we grow and change to make it last a lifetime.

I loved Rob nearly from day 1 without meeting him. Meeting him in person almost a year later just confirmed what I knew! Believe me, I have been asked OVER and OVER "how do you know you love someone you met online?" My answer: The same way you love someone you met in a bar, at church, a party, at work, or any of the other hundreads of ways you meet people!!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

In your opinion! ;)

It's completely hilarious to me how many people are sitting here saying "YES, it happened to me!!!" and there are still people saying it's not possible or irrational. When did love come with an instruction book that tells you exactly when and how it is supposed to happen? There are people on this forum right now saying that good things happened to them, and there have been people around who have said they made a mistake and it didn't work for them!

im one of those who said its irrational,you know why?because i think as much as you might trust you fiance or partner,you never know what the future holds.

i have seen one too many people who fell " in love" online,filed for a visa or did a drastic life change and then later on regretted it because the partner didnt turn out to be what they thought would be to believe you can fall in love without meeting your mate.

i dk,call me heartless,call me cold,but i have thought about what i would do if my USC fiance turned out to be abusive or something that could cause permanent damages.in a situation like this,the commitment goes well beyond just marriage or a long term relationship,therefor i think people have GOT TO BE extra careful and double check everything before making a decision

Timeline

Wow,this thread is still alive,very well said,It boggles the mind how someone can say that they're soul mate is across the ocean,and never having met them profess true love!Just crazy,yes you may like the person,in your mind love the person,but there are hundreds of people online that you could of met and said the same thing!....Until you MEET in person establish a real relationship"AKA" person to person,and not for a few weeks at a time but being and living together will you know exactly where you stand...It is utterly foolish to think otherwise..

I hope it's okay if I butt in on my thread. :ot: But....I thought that the following definition might help clear up the reasons for your assumptions:

e·go·cen·tric (emacr.giflprime.gifgomacr.gif-sebreve.gifnprime.giftribreve.gifk, ebreve.gifglprime.gifomacr.gif-)adj.1. Holding the view that the ego is the center, object, and norm of all experience.2. a. Confined in attitude or interest to one's own needs or affairs.b. Caring only about oneself; selfish.3. Philosophy a. Viewed or perceived from one's own mind as a center.b. Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves in life.....thank you again for giving me yet ANOTHER reason to love Paul. All of these responses that have nothing to do with the goal of obtaining the Visa (of course I'm not talking about my defenders either :thumbs:), are simply confirmations to all of us that have found a lasting love - that we need to be so thankful for them because there are still shallow people lurking in every corner. I love you Paul!! In fact, Paul read your responses and considers it completely silly to even entertain such fallacies with a response.

Paul & Dawn

Timeline

I just wanted to add a thank you to all of you that positively responded to my initial question. Paul will be coming here in the next month or so and we will satisfy our meeting requirement. Someone mentioned the chemistry expected the first time we meet and we both have frequently discussed that moment. I will keep this site posted with updates and questions. To all my fellow UK connections.....stay close, we will need your advice. I wanted to add....we already have the ESTA waiver and of course he has his passport, but is there anything else he should have just to travel on a tourist to the US?

Thanks

Paul & Dawn

it's always nice to have someone else in the same position. I'd love to keep in touch!!! Best of luck

*waves*

Same boat here as well. We're 4 months into our I-129F process. Hoping to get our NoA2 this month!

You must meet first. As they said.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Timeline

I hope it's okay if I butt in on my thread. :ot: But....I thought that the following definition might help clear up the reasons for your assumptions:

e·go·cen·tric (emacr.giflprime.gifgomacr.gif-sebreve.gifnprime.giftribreve.gifk, ebreve.gifglprime.gifomacr.gif-)adj.1. Holding the view that the ego is the center, object, and norm of all experience.2. a. Confined in attitude or interest to one's own needs or affairs.b. Caring only about oneself; selfish.3. Philosophy a. Viewed or perceived from one's own mind as a center.b. Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system.

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves in life.....thank you again for giving me yet ANOTHER reason to love Paul. All of these responses that have nothing to do with the goal of obtaining the Visa (of course I'm not talking about my defenders either :thumbs:), are simply confirmations to all of us that have found a lasting love - that we need to be so thankful for them because there are still shallow people lurking in every corner. I love you Paul!! In fact, Paul read your responses and considers it completely silly to even entertain such fallacies with a response.

pdmacca

I'm certainly not naive enough to think that someone who feels that they're madly in-love would take any sound advice and take the time to really get to know someone before jumping into any kinds of comitment.. It is entirely your call and for everyone else who reads these threads as well.. The results of your descision will be yours and only yours to deal with as with anyone else considering a K1 visa or any relationship, domestic or foriegn. The advise given is simply that "advise". No one will fault you for jumping in with both feet.. Millions of people do it, why not you? however, millions fail, and a few, have wonderful romantic stories to share later with thier kids..

living on cliches and hyperbolies can be romantic but not real practical and not safe.. So, we actually expect most people that feel they can fall in-love over the internet to not be open to sensible ideas and advise, and certainly, we know it's not possible they will listen to anything contrary. But our advise can reach those that still have a little rationale remaining and result in others reading this thread to be thoughtful about all the things that a relationship needs to prosper..

For you Mrs pdmacca, It's great if it works out.. and I seriously hope you and Paul have a great visit and you really turn out to be "LUCKY" like jill and her man, lucky to have found the right person over the internet... It's a one-in-a-million shot, but who knows, you guys could be that "one"..

For the rest of the people of sound mind and judgement, hopefully they will take time to meet, and get to really know someone before commiting to a K1, marriage, kids and life.. There are a lot of things at stake, especially when doing a visa.. VAWA, integrity, Future Visas, Finacial Considerations, just to name a few. So the sound thinker must evaluate all those factors before making any comitments. It's serious business.. with lots at stake and not the least of which is emotional well being..

Kenny

Timeline

pdmacca

I'm certainly not naive enough to think that someone who feels that they're madly in-love would take any sound advice and take the time to really get to know someone before jumping into any kinds of comitment.. It is entirely your call and for everyone else who reads these threads as well.. The results of your descision will be yours and only yours to deal with as with anyone else considering a K1 visa or any relationship, domestic or foriegn. The advise given is simply that "advise". No one will fault you for jumping in with both feet.. Millions of people do it, why not you? however, millions fail, and a few, have wonderful romantic stories to share later with thier kids..

living on cliches and hyperbolies can be romantic but not real practical and not safe.. So, we actually expect most people that feel they can fall in-love over the internet to not be open to sensible ideas and advise, and certainly, we know it's not possible they will listen to anything contrary. But our advise can reach those that still have a little rationale remaining and result in others reading this thread to be thoughtful about all the things that a relationship needs to prosper..

For you Mrs pdmacca, It's great if it works out.. and I seriously hope you and Paul have a great visit and you really turn out to be "LUCKY" like jill and her man, lucky to have found the right person over the internet... It's a one-in-a-million shot, but who knows, you guys could be that "one"..

For the rest of the people of sound mind and judgement, hopefully they will take time to meet, and get to really know someone before commiting to a K1, marriage, kids and life.. There are a lot of things at stake, especially when doing a visa.. VAWA, integrity, Future Visas, Finacial Considerations, just to name a few. So the sound thinker must evaluate all those factors before making any comitments. It's serious business.. with lots at stake and not the least of which is emotional well being..

Kenny

Really?? Wow...such insight, such encouragement, such wisdom.....There Kenny, is that what you are after? It sure seems like it. I'm not too sure why you keep repeating yourself like no one has ever thought of any of the things you've mentioned nor couples haven't weighed out all the 'irrational' dreams (as you lay them out to be). I speak for myself; I'm a 43 year-old woman that was married 20 years. I know what love feels like. I'm not a giddy teenager living in the clouds. What annoys me is your pathetic posts of repetition gain all the attention and the main reason I'm on here....to get sound advice to avoid mistakes - gets lost with posts by others equally frustrated at your mission to create doubt, when NO ONE in their right mind would pursue this difficult process without FIRST asking everything you think is ground-breaking 'Kenny' knowledge. I'm sure there is another 'newbie' out there that you could sprinkle with your compassionate approach - I think we've all heard enough. In other words....point made, and it's grown dull.

Paul & Dawn

Timeline

Really?? Wow...such insight, such encouragement, such wisdom.....There Kenny, is that what you are after? It sure seems like it. I'm not too sure why you keep repeating yourself like no one has ever thought of any of the things you've mentioned nor couples haven't weighed out all the 'irrational' dreams (as you lay them out to be). I speak for myself; I'm a 43 year-old woman that was married 20 years. I know what love feels like. I'm not a giddy teenager living in the clouds. What annoys me is your pathetic posts of repetition gain all the attention and the main reason I'm on here....to get sound advice to avoid mistakes - gets lost with posts by others equally frustrated at your mission to create doubt, when NO ONE in their right mind would pursue this difficult process without FIRST asking everything you think is ground-breaking 'Kenny' knowledge. I'm sure there is another 'newbie' out there that you could sprinkle with your compassionate approach - I think we've all heard enough. In other words....point made, and it's grown dull.

It seems like everyone felt this was absolute rubbish pdmacca.. Thanks for the acknowledgment.. But as I said, this advise is clearly not for you since your not open to it, it's for others... And the fact is, you were willing to commit to someone you never met.. My point is for those who had considered that a good idea, and clearly you are angry because now it's starting to make sense and rather than accepting it, you're putting your devilish spin.. Nice Tactic...

Look PDMACCA, you are getting very defensive for someone who is simply offering some advice, not to just you but to anyone who would consider making a bad move.. And, you continued to re-inforce your feelings that is the thing to do and tell me how stupid I was for offering sensible advise..

You don't have to like it, you did post your question on a "public internet forum" or did you not realize that? Others will read this beside you, or did you not realize that? the intent is for others to learn from this as well, or did you not realize that?

"Really?? Wow...such insight, such encouragement, such wisdom..." seems like a childish response to someone else trying to make a point as well...

If you dont want to hear other opinions then don't, but you do realize this is the internet dont you?

Kenny

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.