trillium13

This is a hero?

174 posts in this topic

OKLAHOMA CITY -- For the first time in a year, the mother of 16-year-old Antwun Parker, who was shot and killed by pharmacist Jerome Ersland, is speaking publicly.

According to police, Parker and a friend tried to rob the pharmacist at gunpoint in May 2009. Investigators said Ersland knocked Parker to the ground with one shot to the head, grabbed a different weapon and fired five more shots into his chest and abdomen.

"A coward is someone who will kill someone when they're done," said Parker's mother, Cleta Jennings. "That's not a hero. The real hero here is Antwun."

Jennings said that while her son did go into the pharmacy with a gun, she believes other people put him up to it.

"I know he was scared to death," she said. "I know Antwun was scared to death when he had to go into that pharmacy not under his own will."

In an exclusive interview with KOCO, Jennings said she was angry when she found out two pathologists with the Oklahoma County Medical Examiner's Office filed conflicting statements, potentially overturning the former chief's decision that Parker's cause of death was homicide.

"That man literally shot my son down, had no remorse, went back, got another gun, reloaded it and came back and shot him five more times," Jennings said.

The interim chief said he's still reviewing the case. District Attorney David Prater said he's not prepared to drop the case against Jerome Ersland, but said it is his duty to listen to all evidence that's brought forth in every case.

Jennings said her son will never have a chance to prove his innocence.

"He still should have had a chance to go to court and defend himself," she said. "He's just like everybody else, innocent until proven guilty."

She said she will continue to share his story and remember his achievements as she carries the pain inside her.

"He was not a masked robber. His name was Antwun Parker. He was a human."

She said she may file a civil lawsuit against Ersland if she's not happy with the course of action in the criminal case.

http://www.koco.com/r/24703285/detail.html

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmmm...

While that is definitely overkill, can't say the kid didn't have it coming...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Geez...I really don't understand how some people think.

A hero? I think not. To me, a hero dies for a cause...not a crime.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Before a criminal starts shooting at an innocent citizen, he should think that maybe...just maybe, that citizen will shoot back.

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Paul, this may not ever happen again...but...I agree with you.

Jennings said that while her son did go into the pharmacy with a gun, she believes other people put him up to it.

"I know he was scared to death," she said. "I know Antwun was scared to death when he had to go into that pharmacy not under his own will."

She did not know that. He chose to go in there with that gun. I have to figure the first head shot killed him, I don't understand the pharmacist getting another gun and shooting him more. Still, you pays your money, you take your chances. Armed robbery is armed robbery. Stupid and a high chance of getting dead.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

"He was not a masked robber. His name was Antwun Parker. He was a human."

So it's OK as long as you're not wearing a mask?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Thug that got what he deserved. I will say a prayer for the Pharmacist.

No one has the right to grab another weapon, reload, and shoot a man on the ground. That is murder.

While I understand he was probably acting out of fear, it doesn't change the fact that what he did was wrong.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This sounds like the difference between "killing someone" and "killing someone dead." In both senses of the latter term, perhaps.

Some will consider it extremely important to determine whether the presumably white pharmacist had hate in his mind when he killed the presumably black criminal. If this was the case, then the criminal is even more dead than he would be otherwise, according to "hate crime" logic.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

ahem... well, like we like to say in the country "he needed killing".

definitely going to reload is going to count against him...

always have a fully loaded gun and nail them in head and heart. two shots is all necessary. unless of course it's someone you really hate and want to suffer :devil: then a couple in the kneecaps before the head and heart is good.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

ahem... well, like we like to say in the country "he needed killing".

definitely going to reload is going to count against him...

always have a fully loaded gun and nail them in head and heart. two shots is all necessary. unless of course it's someone you really hate and want to suffer :devil: then a couple in the kneecaps before the head and heart is good.

The reloading part comes from the dead kid's mother, not the report itself. I'll wait to see it that part is true, or not.

As for getting another weapon, the storekeeper was not smart having a single shot primary, when he evidently had a multiple shot backup. But firing into the body sounds suspiciously like they had some military-type training, as it's standard practice to put two rounds into the body of a prone target/body to "make sure they stay down" (Quote courtesy of the RAF Regiment). Five more is a bit much.

The details here are sketchy at best, so drawing conclusions without all the facts is dangerous.

One thing is clear, though. Antwun Parker is no hero.

Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No such thing as "shoot and release" The pharmacist did good. Next time though, he ought to use enough gun the first time or something with a larger magazine capacity, no need to bother getting a second one. whatever you do though...make sure they are dead.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The bottom line is, the pharmacist, who was minding his own business, went home to his family ALIVE. The kid pulling an armed robbery went home to his family DEAD. The more armed robbers that come home DEAD, the less armed robberies there will be...and that is a good thing.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla