Brijhen

I am so NERVOUS NOW PLS HELP ME

33 posts in this topic

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just going to look at this the way an immigration officer might. Ok? :blush:

You've only been in the US for a few months. You married within the 90 day window, which is good. But now, only a few short months later, you're living with your mom and sister. An immigration officer is likely to think that you got a K1 primarily to reunite with your family, and not to be with your husband. This suspicion will be even stronger if you happen to be from a country with a very long wait for a family preference visa, like Mexico or the Philippines.

Your future life in America with your husband is at stake. You and your husband need to get this situation straightened out. If you are in the same boat when it comes time for the AOS interview then you will probably not be getting a green card.

Guess I need to correct that..

We're both living here with my family. He asked permission if we can stay here for the mean time because we can't afford to have our own yet. He's still the one paying for his mom's apartment since his mom is kinda old as she claims she is and doesnt work. Now since his mom doesnt like me at all, I cannot live with his mom in their house which my husband's is still paying. I don't want my husband to choose between me and his mom. I will jsut wait for the time his mom will like me and his family and until I can work already and help him to get our own place. He visits his mom often but usually he goes home here to me. He drives everyday from here to his work. Driving 1 hour minimum. He has that burden after we got married just because his family don't like me for him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did you state that you are not living together in the forms? That will make it difficult to AOS... if you did not state so, could it be one of your husband's difficult relatives let ICE know, and now they are following up, hence requesting new forms?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your religous seek marriage counseling from your church and/or also professional marriage counselors.

What does your husbands family have to do with this. HE Married you and YOU married him. Tell him to grow up and if doesn't want to live together because of his family--well that may be just excuses too... but yet he wants to be married?? Make up his mind.

If he can't or won't just tell the truth on your paperwork and if you have to file a waiver to be able to file for adjustment of status on your own. Might be difficult but if its the truth and your husband is willing to give you email evidence or any kind of evidence of his 'less than a man' actions based on his family then it could make it easier.

Tell the boy to "Man-Up"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We're both living here with my family. He asked permission if we can stay here for the mean time because we can't afford to have our own yet. He's still the one paying for his mom's apartment since his mom is kinda old as she claims she is and doesnt work. Now since his mom doesnt like me at all, I cannot live with his mom in their house which my husband's is still paying. I don't want my husband to choose between me and his mom. I will jsut wait for the time his mom will like me and his family and until I can work already and help him to get our own place. He visits his mom often but usually he goes home here to me. He drives everyday from here to his work. Driving 1 hour minimum. He has that burden after we got married just because his family don't like me for him.

Earlier u said the two of you do not live together, then you say he only comes to visit, then you say the two of you live together. If the two of you live together you shouldn't have to much of a problem. You may need to have things like bills in common and people noterize something stateing you are living together. Joint bank accounts. Hope everything works out for ya. You also may need a change of address with USCIS or somthing.

Some reasons I've seen for the USCIS wanting anoyher I-864 are:

non sifficent income to cover 125% of poverty level.(How many tax exemptions were on the 2009 1040?) + 1 for you.

beneficiary signed the petition instead of US Citizen

Look over your xerox copies of the two I-864 forms you have submitted already for mistakes.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Earlier u said the two of you do not live together, then you say he only comes to visit, then you say the two of you live together. If the two of you live together you shouldn't have to much of a problem. You may need to have things like bills in common and people noterize something stateing you are living together. Joint bank accounts. Hope everything works out for ya. You also may need a change of address with USCIS or somthing.

They better get their stories straight before the interview.....

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

OK... lets say he DOEs stay with u and your family... DO you have to probe that? does he received mail there? or does he have any bills there any cable phone internet water or whatev? if the answer is yes GREAT... if not back to ZERO... what im telling you is... tell him to quick put u in his bank account until proses pass and tell him to get a phone line to your house or a cell phone bill.. and

GET YOUR HISTORY TOGETHER... IF YOU CANT MAKE US BELIEVE YOU THE OFFICER FOR SURE IS NOT GONNA TRUST U.

feliX0051-1-1-1-1.jpg

MY AOS

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

05/19/07 - Met in her house, first date

06/15/09 - Our wedding

03/07/10 - Filed I-130, I-485 and I-765, (day 01)

03/10/10 - USCIS received I-130/I-485/I-765 package (day 03)

03/17/10 - NOA1 issued I-130/I-485/I-765 (day 10)

03/18/10 - USCIS cashed checks, (I-130, I-485, I-765) (day 11)

03/20/10 - Received NOA1 letters(day 13 )

03/22/10 - Issued biometrics letter, scheduled for 04/12/10 (day 15)

03/25/10 - RFE Issued (18)

03/29/10 - RFE letter received (day 22)

04/12/10 - Biometrics appointment - done (day 36)

06/22/10 - RFE respond sent ( day 109) IM SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!! my COUNTRY embassy sucks bad!!!!

06/24/10 - RFE respond received WOW!!!! just on time day (111)

06/25/10 - all cases touched case resumed (day 113)

07/02/10 - E-mail EAD production ordered TD approved and sent (day 120)

07/09/10 - TD received... Almost buy a ticket hehe (day 127)

07/15/10 - interview letter received for 08/16/10

07/15/10 - E-mail EAD sent WAITING... (day 113)

08/16/10 - Interviewed AND APPROVED!!!! (Day 144)

08/20/10 - Email and Text telling card was send

08/26/10 - Green Card Recieved!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Triplicate identical threads in 3 separate forums all merged into one thread here in the correct AOS forum and duplicate posts removed. It is not necessary to ask the same question in three separate places.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You said twice before, quite clearly, that you do NOT live together. You said your marriage is "on the rocks" because you don't live together. You said he lives with his mother, and only comes to visit you. If you were living in the same house then the fact that his mother doesn't approve of the marriage would be a non-issue, and I doubt you would have started this topic. It sounds like you didn't like the answers you got before, so you're changing your story in hopes of getting better answers. It also sounds like I might have touched a raw nerve with the "family reunification" comment.

The bottom line is that there is a very real chance that you and your husband will be interviewed. The odds vary, depending on your local USCIS office, but the numbers I've heard kicked around are about 50%. You will be expected to provide some physical evidence that you actually live together - bank accounts, utility bills, lease or deed, insurance policies, whatever you've got. In addition to the required "Are you a terrorist or criminal" type of questions, you may be asked some personal questions about your relationship. If the IO determines you don't actually live together, and figures out that you are living with your mother and sister, then I seriously doubt your green card application will be approved.

If you actually ARE living together (which you previously said you were not) and your marriage is viable (which you previously said it was "on the rocks") then you need to be prepared to prove this to an immigration officer at your interview.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If your marriage is "REAL" then there's no reason to be afraid of any interview.

I read this thread from your first post to the last comment. Your conflicting stories spells one word... FRAUD.

11/05/09 - Sent I-130 for mother via snail mail

11/13/09 - Received NOA1

03/05/10 - Received NOA2

03/11/10 - Case entered into NVC system, MNL case # assigned

03/18/10 - Sent DS3032 via E-mail

03/24/10 - DS3032 entered into NVC system

03/25/10 - Received IV Fee bill by E-mail, PAID both IV and AOS Fees on-line

03/26/10 - AOS Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for 2009 Tax Transcript from IRS)

03/29/10 - IV Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for mother's documents from the Philippines)

04/09/10 - Sent AOS Package by snail mail

04/12/10 - NVC received AOS package

04/19/10 - Sent IV Package by snail mail

04/21/10 - NVC received IV package

04/28/10 - AOS accepted (received checklist re:IV package even if NVC received it already)

05/03/10 - Sign In FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

05/05/10 - AVR message: "CASE COMPLETED ON 05/04/10"

05/12/10 - Received interview letter via e-mail

05/17-18/10 - Medical Exam

06/16/10 - Interview Appointment @ the Embassy (Canceled because of sputum and culture test, 2 months waiting)

08/05/10 - New Interview Appointment

08/07/10 - Visa delivered 2 days after interview

08/27/10 - LAX P.O.E.

I have a question..

Is it necessary to request a transcript from IRS for the tax returns? Because the docs that I and my husband used before were from the HR & Block. He said it's all the same. And he's telling me no need to order or request a transcript of this from IRS for our Affidavit of Support. PLease enlighten me with this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a question..

Is it necessary to request a transcript from IRS for the tax returns? Because the docs that I and my husband used before were from the HR & Block. He said it's all the same. And he's telling me no need to order or request a transcript of this from IRS for our Affidavit of Support. PLease enlighten me with this.

No, it's not necessary, but it does make things simpler. If you submit a copy of a tax return then it must be complete - every form and supporting document that would be submitted to the IRS. If the IO thinks there's something missing from the tax return documents then they'll refuse to accept the affidavit of support. You've already gotten an RFE for the affidavit of support. If they refuse to accept the next one you send then you may not get another chance - they may just deny the AOS application.

Sending a transcript eliminates the guesswork. You don't need to send any supporting documents. You simply send a copy of every page you receive from the IRS. Transcripts also tend to be accepted by USCIS without question because they prove a tax return was actually filed with the IRS, and they show the numbers that were submitted on all the forms. They take less than two weeks to obtain, and they are free.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

No, it's not necessary, but it does make things simpler. If you submit a copy of a tax return then it must be complete - every form and supporting document that would be submitted to the IRS. If the IO thinks there's something missing from the tax return documents then they'll refuse to accept the affidavit of support. You've already gotten an RFE for the affidavit of support. If they refuse to accept the next one you send then you may not get another chance - they may just deny the AOS application.

Sending a transcript eliminates the guesswork. You don't need to send any supporting documents. You simply send a copy of every page you receive from the IRS. Transcripts also tend to be accepted by USCIS without question because they prove a tax return was actually filed with the IRS, and they show the numbers that were submitted on all the forms. They take less than two weeks to obtain, and they are free.

Thank you so much.. we're working on the other docs..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
:reading: i would say just submit the documents they ask you and wait to see what happens next...

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.