fran6

What to do next after K1 refusal?

18 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I don't know where to start from about my journey. I am going to be brief as possible. My fiance is a Nigerian resident in Ghana. We had our first interview in Ghana April 12th. I traveled to Ghana for the interview. At the interview, the consular was very nice, we talked about Houston weather. He said everything about our relationship is okay but he is not use to seeing Nigeria birth certificate. He gave us appointment to come back in two weeks (26th april) so he can get in touch with the Nigeria consulate about my fiance court sworn birth certificate.

On the second interview, it was somebody else that attended to us. She was very rude, she said she will not issue the visa from their office because they not familiar with Nigeria document, and will send out petition back to U.S. I started crying than she said the only thing she can do is to send out petition to Nigeria. I agreed and left for u.s 3 day later. We got e-mail from lagos that our interview been set for 6/28/2010, and to redo medical and police report.

My fiance was refused today on the grand that we've been dating for 6 years without marriage. the consulate said " why you not married after dating for 6 years? this relationship is not fake, i am refusing you the visa and sending your case back to u.s" We had every proof ( relationship and engagement pictures, telephone record, bank transfers, letters, e-mails) but she didn't want to see any our prove. I contacted my senator when I first returned from Ghana but she said fiance issue is not her priority.

What do I do now? do I wait for the refusal and appeal or go ahead to marry and file K3? please I need your advice.

I don't know what to do! I have cried my eyes swollen, I am so depressed, I can't eat, o my God i am so confuse. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Get married! You lose nothing by doing this. They'll see you are serious about your relationship and that you really want to be together. Then file for a K3. I'm shocked, if everything that you said here it's true. There must have been something else. I'm surprised anyway. But don't lose your hope. Try everything. If your relationship is for real and they see that too, they are not allowed to refuse you unless you have done something bad, like drug traffic und so weiter und so vor.

What If the Applicant Is Ineligible for a Visa?

Certain conditions and activities may make an applicant ineligible for a visa. Examples of these ineligibilities are:

Trafficking in Drugs

Having HIV/AIDS

Overstaying a previous visa

Practicing polygamy

Advocating the overthrow of the government

Submitting fraudulent documents

What If the Applicant Is Ineligible for a Visa?

Certain conditions and activities may make an applicant ineligible for a visa. Examples of these ineligibilities are:

Trafficking in Drugs

Having HIV/AIDS

Overstaying a previous visa

Practicing polygamy

Advocating the overthrow of the government

Submitting fraudulent documents

The consular officer will tell you, the applicant, if you are ineligible for a visa, whether there is a waiver of the ineligibility and what the waiver procedure is. For a complete list of ineligibilities see Classes of Aliens Ineligible to Receive Visas.

Source: The U.S. Department of State website http://travel.state.gov

Good luck and get back to us with great news! :thumbs:

P.S.: You can also talk about this with an immigration attorney if you would rather go for the K1 visa. Try one who's got K visas under his area of expertise! I will pray for you, if you really have a bone fide relationship. God bless you!

Edited by Sunshine13

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Didn't they remove the HIV/AIS clause at the beginning of the year ?

I think so.

Married - 3/12/10

AOS Filed - 5/13/10

Biometrics received - 6/5/10

Biometrics done - 6/9/10

RFE Received 6/10/10

Touched - 6/7/10, 6/16/10, 6/17,10 (all)

RFE delivered - 6/29/10

Resumed processing - 6/30/10

EAD Production Ordered - 7/2/10, 7/8/10, mailed 7/15/10

Touched - 7/6/10, 7/8/10 (485, 765)

Touched EAD - 7/16/10

EAD Received!! - 7/17/10

Interview - August 30, 8:45- Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes it was, here is the current list:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html

Not sure what actual page you were pasting from Sunshine as you link just goes to the main page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Hi everybody, I don't know where to start from about my journey. I am going to be brief as possible. My fiance is a Nigerian resident in Ghana. We had our first interview in Ghana April 12th. I traveled to Ghana for the interview. At the interview, the consular was very nice, we talked about Houston weather. He said everything about our relationship is okay but he is not use to seeing Nigeria birth certificate. He gave us appointment to come back in two weeks (26th april) so he can get in touch with the Nigeria consulate about my fiance court sworn birth certificate.

On the second interview, it was somebody else that attended to us. She was very rude, she said she will not issue the visa from their office because they not familiar with Nigeria document, and will send out petition back to U.S. I started crying than she said the only thing she can do is to send out petition to Nigeria. I agreed and left for u.s 3 day later. We got e-mail from lagos that our interview been set for 6/28/2010, and to redo medical and police report.

My fiance was refused today on the grand that we've been dating for 6 years without marriage. the consulate said " why you not married after dating for 6 years? this relationship is not fake, i am refusing you the visa and sending your case back to u.s" We had every proof ( relationship and engagement pictures, telephone record, bank transfers, letters, e-mails) but she didn't want to see any our prove. I contacted my senator when I first returned from Ghana but she said fiance issue is not her priority.

What do I do now? do I wait for the refusal and appeal or go ahead to marry and file K3? please I need your advice.

I don't know what to do! I have cried my eyes swollen, I am so depressed, I can't eat, o my God i am so confuse. :crying:

get married! apply for CR-1 as the K-3 is no longer used.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I contacted my senator when I first returned from Ghana but she said fiance issue is not her priority.
You're in Texas? Was it the vaunted #1 assistant to Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison who said this? Infuriatingly worthless, both of them. Try your Congressman -- any responsiveness is better than none.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry i have not read all and have not been active here for awhile but marrying is not a sure way to get the visa...you take a big chance to marry and still not get the visa, address whatever issues you know might be holding you back and it may take years to solve all this...

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow this is an eye opener to us! My fiance and i have been a couple " bfs and gf"s for 7 years, we have all the proofs like you do" and we never thought that they will take the length of years being together against you! I thought it should have been better coz we have a lots of proofs, Now im confused too, Because his interview is in less than 48 hours! Pls help!

Hi everybody, thanks for taking the time to respond, and I really appreciate all your input. I tried to reach senator John Cornyn throughout yesterday afternoon, I could not get anybody but left a message, and will try again today. @ TBone Tx, yes it was the lady that takes care of immigration issues (Kerry) for senator Key Hutechison. @ Sunshine 13, my fiance record is clean, never been to u.s before to overstay, we had no fraudulent document.

question: since they are sending the file back to u.s, can we still get married and file CR-1/ K3 or we have to wait for them to finish with the K1 returning process?

You're in Texas? Was it the vaunted #1 assistant to Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison who said this? Infuriatingly worthless, both of them. Try your Congressman -- any responsiveness is better than none.

Exactly! Your Congressman/woman/thing is a better choice than the Senator. Representatives must seek election every two years, so they are much more responsive to their constituents. This was a design consideration by the Framers of the Constitution. This election cycle, Representatives seem to be quite responsive.

any congressman or senator can only make an inquiry of the embassy and get a quick response, but can't change anything.

House members have the "power of the purse". They "guide" and "influence" public sector policy and action by controlling appropriations. The last thing any Ambassador wants is to have his budget "squeezed" by the House. This tends to make them quite "responsive" to inquiries from House members. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.