dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have been watching closely all the cases going on right now. As for me, my lawyer will send my I751(waiver)on Monday 07/19/10 Will someone please INCLUDE ME on the list for the Vermont office.

Here are some Q's:

- when should I receive my first NOA

- when should I receive my BIO NOA

- how long to expect for approval

any inputs would be very appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance

AR

As my case is still in "Initial Review" phase and outside of USCIS's target window(6 months), today I called 1800 number and opened a service request. I was told over phone that I would hear a response from USCIS in next 30 days based on today's service request. Hence, I would encourage to the people who are outside of target window to give try on 1800 number.

Mr.2100: Have you heard anything on your case?

I751 I did same thing called to 1800 number and they told me same, also I made infopass appointment for 28 june to my local uscis office. lets see..........

As I said b4 INSHALLAH we will get Good News very soon!!!!!

Edited by mr2100

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Updating timeline

California Service Center

VJName............I-751 Date....NOA1 Date.....Biometrics..Interview...Approved

BASKETBALLHEAD....01/25/10......02/03/10......02/24/10................03/08/10..(Divorce)

JUSTMENOW.........05/18/10......05/20/10......--/--/10................--/--/10..(Death)

Vermont Service Center

VJName............I-751 Date....NOA1 Date.....Biometrics..Interview...Approved

MR2100............12/23/09......12/28/09......01/25/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

I751..............01/07/10......01/13/10......02/09/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

OKALIAN...........01/22/10......01/26/10......02/19/10................04/30/10..(Divorce)

GOLDFEE111........02/02/10......02/08/10......04/15/10....07/26/10....--/--/10..(Divorce)

IAMWHATIAM80......03/11/10......03/17/10......04/12/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

LATOSLATOS........03/18/10......03/22/10......04/16/10................06/22/10..(Divorce)

CHIPSAHOY.........05/07/10......05/10/10......06/17/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

DHSPLEASE.........06/01/10......06/11/10......--/--/--................--/--/10..(Divorce)

ANDRES0603........07/19/10......--/--/--......--/--/--................--/--/10..(Divorce)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Hi All:

I received following response to my service request

“The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is complete, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefits you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.”

I have following questions, if you have some more info about these

1) Does that mean that USCIS has not examined the facts of my case?

2) Is this purely a criminal background check like—finger print, name check, Interagency Border Inspection Services (IBIS) check?

Also wondering if someone has received a similar kind of response to their service request? My understanding is that USCIS sent all these responses based on typical templates, but not based on individual case.

Hi All:

I received following response to my service request

“The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is complete, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefits you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.”

I have following questions, if you have some more info about these

1) Does that mean that USCIS has not examined the facts of my case?

2) Is this purely a criminal background check like—finger print, name check, Interagency Border Inspection Services (IBIS) check?

Also wondering if someone has received a similar kind of response to their service request? My understanding is that USCIS sent all these responses based on typical templates, but not based on individual case.

Hmm. Sheesh, I do hope that they will make it a speedy decision for your sake. I've never received a letter like this during AOS and ROC. The letter is at least very clear which isn't really much comfort because the window limit is 6-months; not very convenient at all! :crying: I would just revel right now that you are still a permanent resident and wait it out. I know it's easier to say that than anything, especially since mine went smoothly. But, with respect to the timeline, there isn't much you can do to speed it up. I' praying it hastens for you! Be positive and we're here for you.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Hmm. Sheesh, I do hope that they will make it a speedy decision for your sake. I've never received a letter like this during AOS and ROC. The letter is at least very clear which isn't really much comfort because the window limit is 6-months; not very convenient at all! :crying: I would just revel right now that you are still a permanent resident and wait it out. I know it's easier to say that than anything, especially since mine went smoothly. But, with respect to the timeline, there isn't much you can do to speed it up. I' praying it hastens for you! Be positive and we're here for you.

My guess is that it's not only the background check but they also evaluating the facts of my case.

Thanks for your best wishes.

Will keep you updated.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

GOLDFEE111, you have an interview on Monday 26th.

I wish the best of the lucks.

please describe to us how the procedure was and what kind of questions the adjudicator asked you. :thumbs:

GOLDFEE111, you have an interview on Monday 26th.

I wish the best of the lucks.

please describe to us how the procedure was and what kind of questions the adjudicator asked you. :thumbs:

Best of luck! I am hoping it will all go well.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

hey guys

thanks for crossing thumbs

i dont knnow what to say....i have a wierd feeling about it...

first i waited over an hour until i got called in..then the officer finally called me and swore me in and went over my adress and dates and so on..then he asked me that iam not together with my husband anymore and why..so i told him the hole story and started twice crying because it still hurts a lot..so after that he asked me how long we knew each other before we got married and i told him 3 month ..i said i know it was short but i was so in love and i really thought i found my soulmate...and he said well ur marriage was really not that long and i said yes but what am i suppose to do with a guy who beat me...and he said then yes the removal would be simpler if u file together and i said u know i know that a lot people stay married on the paper to get the greencard but iam not a lyer iam a honest person and the truth set u free..so i go the right and legal way here..

i said i know iam here to prove that my marriage was in good faith but how should i prove love...i can just tell u that i loved my husband from my hole heart and iam still sad that it not worked out...so he said u will hear from us in 30 days and i asked him if he can tell me how it looks for me and he said well he needs to look over this case and he will give then the reccomandation..and i asked how will this reccomandation look like and he said he can not say that yet because he needs to look over the file,that was it..now i can wait and pray...

hope everything will work out..what are ur thoughts to that guys?

AOS Timeline

08/13/08 AOS sent
08/18/08 NOA1
08/22/08 Appointment Biomentrics
09/10/08 Biometrics done
09/11/08 RFE
09/18/08 Case transfered to NBC
10/16/08 EAD approved
10/24/08 EAD approved again
10/27/08 EAD in Mail
10/28/08 applied for SSN (not verified)still waiting:-(
12/18/08 got my SSN today YEAHHHHH
12/30/08 passed my TX DL today YIPPIEEEEEEE
03/03/09 Interview ,approved...thanks god:-)
03/09/09 Welcome letter in Mail.Juhuuuuuuuu
03/16/09 Green Card in Mail:-)))))

02/02/10 I-751 Waiver to VSC
02/08/10 NOA1
02/17/10 Check cashed
04/15/10 Biometrics
07/26/10 Interview
08/06/10 Approved ,thanks god juhuuuuuuuuuuuu
08/16/10 Greencard in Mail,done for ten years:-))

N-400 here we go in the last round

12/09/2013 N-400 to Dallas

12/13/2013 NOA1

12/18/2013 check cashed

01/03/2014 Biometrics

02/04/2014 in line for Interview

04/11/2014 Interview& Oath

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

hey guys

thanks for crossing thumbs

i dont knnow what to say....i have a wierd feeling about it...

first i waited over an hour until i got called in..then the officer finally called me and swore me in and went over my adress and dates and so on..then he asked me that iam not together with my husband anymore and why..so i told him the hole story and started twice crying because it still hurts a lot..so after that he asked me how long we knew each other before we got married and i told him 3 month ..i said i know it was short but i was so in love and i really thought i found my soulmate...and he said well ur marriage was really not that long and i said yes but what am i suppose to do with a guy who beat me...and he said then yes the removal would be simpler if u file together and i said u know i know that a lot people stay married on the paper to get the greencard but iam not a lyer iam a honest person and the truth set u free..so i go the right and legal way here..

i said i know iam here to prove that my marriage was in good faith but how should i prove love...i can just tell u that i loved my husband from my hole heart and iam still sad that it not worked out...so he said u will hear from us in 30 days and i asked him if he can tell me how it looks for me and he said well he needs to look over this case and he will give then the reccomandation..and i asked how will this reccomandation look like and he said he can not say that yet because he needs to look over the file,that was it..now i can wait and pray...

hope everything will work out..what are ur thoughts to that guys?

To me it looks like you got it. Because if you don't get it, they will tell you outright. I think he just needs to do some more processing before he can get your green card sent for production. Didn't he go over with the evidence that you submitted? best of luck.

Filed: Timeline

Please add my name to the list.

* Got married in August 2008

* initial interview in March 2009

* Green card received in May 2009

* Divorce January 2010

* I-751 filed April 27 of 2010

* Biometrics was supposed to be July 1st but I did a walk-in June 16 2010

* I don't know what's next

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Please add my name to the list.

Hi Machita, when is the Receipt Date on your NOA? You need the date for the list :)

To me it looks like you got it. Because if you don't get it, they will tell you outright. I think he just needs to do some more processing before he can get your green card sent for production. Didn't he go over with the evidence that you submitted? best of luck.

I agree. Usually they like to deliver bad news quickly - they get a kick out of it. However, good news, they try to hold back so they appear to be doing a lot of investigative work and that your tears did not mean anything to them. Although we like to say bad things about them, but trust me, that a lot of them are good and can read people without getting verbal answers. Body motion as well as verbal tones are indications of lying and if you were honest, which I am sure you were, he would've detected it.

Now, the second part of my comments is that some of these questions were trick questions - especially regarding the one with the joint filing just because it is simpler. In a situation where immigration is the intention and not actual marriage, someone would answer differently and behave differently.

I would say just don't worry about it now.... and you will hear soon from them and good news.

keeping fingers crossed!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.