dhsplease

I-751 Waiver Filers Timeline

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi Folks: I am too an I751 divorce good-faith waiver filer. Following is my timeline. Can you please add me to the list?

01/07/2010—Application sent to VSC

02/09/2010—Biometric done

No update yet since I had my biometric done.

Welcome to the waiver thread I751. I see that its been 6 months since you applied. I dont know why they are so slow on the waiver cases... All the joint ones are getting approved so fast.

By the way oklaian's case looks like an exception. He was just lucky. Hang in there... Our turn will come soon.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yurika,

I751's I-751 date is 01/07/10 and not 01/07/09

Oops:blush: Thanks for pointing out;)

Correcting I751's dates:)

(BTW, I don't know why, but Emoticons doesn't work today...)

California Service Center

VJName............I-751 Date....NOA1 Date.....Biometrics..Interview...Approved

BASKETBALLHEAD....01/25/10......02/03/10......02/24/10................03/08/10..(Divorce)

JUSTMENOW.........05/18/10......05/20/10......--/--/10................--/--/10..(Death)

Vermont Service Center

MR2100............12/23/09......12/28/09......01/25/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

I751..............01/07/10......01/13/10......02/09/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

OKALIAN...........01/22/10......01/26/10......02/19/10................04/30/10..(Divorce)

GOLDFEE111........02/02/10......02/08/10......04/15/10....07/26/10....--/--/10..(Divorce)

IAMWHATIAM80......03/11/10......03/17/10......04/12/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

LATOSLATOS........03/18/10......03/22/10......04/16/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

CHIPSAHOY.........05/07/10......05/10/10......06/17/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

DHSPLEASE.........06/01/10......--/--/--......--/--/--................--/--/10..(Divorce)

Welcome to the waiver thread I751. I see that its been 6 months since you applied. I dont know why they are so slow on the waiver cases... All the joint ones are getting approved so fast.

By the way oklaian's case looks like an exception. He was just lucky. Hang in there... Our turn will come soon.

Looks like USCIS want to scrutinize "Waiver I-751" thoroughly. I guess we are presumed fraudsters in their view. However, looks like CA service center has higher rate of approvals than VSC.

I was wondering if OKAIAN is willing to share his story, so we can benchmark ourselves against his case.

Thanks Much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Looks like USCIS want to scrutinize "Waiver I-751" thoroughly. I guess we are presumed fraudsters in their view. However, looks like CA service center has higher rate of approvals than VSC.

I was wondering if OKAIAN is willing to share his story, so we can benchmark ourselves against his case.

Thanks Much.

Sorry I just saw this now. Please don't assume I see this thread everyday! If you want to bring something to my attention, you may PM me and I'll post to this thread :)

I wrote up this post previously that includes the setup of my evidence package. Please read it and if you have any questions I'll be happy to assist!

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__3947165

p.s Luck doesn't exist. Fate does :)

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Sorry I just saw this now. Please don't assume I see this thread everyday! If you want to bring something to my attention, you may PM me and I'll post to this thread :)

I wrote up this post previously that includes the setup of my evidence package. Please read it and if you have any questions I'll be happy to assist!

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__3947165

p.s Luck doesn't exist. Fate does :)

Thank you, OKALIAN...This is helpful. My pakcage has almost all things what you had. However, every case is diiferent. Let's see what happenes.

Timeline

Thank you, OKALIAN...This is helpful. My pakcage has almost all things what you had. However, every case is diiferent. Let's see what happenes.

I751, Okalian,

Rightly said I751. Every case is different. okalian did a good job with his evidence. His marriage lasted for 3 years and he had a lot of evidence. however marriages dont last that long in different cases but that does not mean we should lose hope.

I am positive about my case. I am always. I dont have that much evidence which okalian had because my marriage didnt last that long and my ex destroyed a lot of evidence. The burden to prove that we married for green card is with immigration and not with us. We only have to prove our marriage was genuine and not fraud, thats it and we are through. We have done what we had to do. Lets hope for the best and keep each other updated.

Timeline

Yesterday I got an e-mail from USCIS: Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 17, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I was really anxious because a lot of people got approved and I didn't. I was a waiver case.

ERAMOS2.............01/06/10.........01/11/10.......02/03/10........06/17/10.... (WAIVER)

Adding Eramos2 from Jan filers thread to VSC list:)

California Service Center

BASKETBALLHEAD....01/25/10......02/03/10......02/24/10................03/08/10..(Divorce)

JUSTMENOW.........05/18/10......05/20/10......--/--/10................--/--/10..(Death)

Vermont Service Center

MR2100............12/23/09......12/28/09......01/25/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

ERAMOS2...........01/06/10......01/11/10......02/03/10................06/17/10..(Divorce)I751..............01/07/10......01/13/10......02/09/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

OKALIAN...........01/22/10......01/26/10......02/19/10................04/30/10..(Divorce)

GOLDFEE111........02/02/10......02/08/10......04/15/10....07/26/10....--/--/10..(Divorce)

IAMWHATIAM80......03/11/10......03/17/10......04/12/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

LATOSLATOS........03/18/10......03/22/10......04/16/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

CHIPSAHOY.........05/07/10......05/10/10......06/17/10................--/--/10..(Divorce)

DHSPLEASE.........06/01/10......--/--/--......--/--/--................--/--/10..(Divorce)

Edited by Yurika & Jim

Timeline

Congrats to Eramos!

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

Timeline

Congrats to Eramos!

I have a little piece of advice for those waiting on Waiver decisions:

When I filed for divorce, I was very worried (ofcourse) about alot of things including my immigration status. And as the divorce process progressed, I went on forums trying to study waiver cases based on divorce like mine. Trust me, this is one of the most useless things ever! I worried for no reason whatsoever.. I literally googled "I-751 denied" to see those who were denied and understand what they did wrong. I tended to worry too much, but honestly i see alot of people here worried, too. I know this is a very normal way to feel, but it really doesn't help. I've read tonnnssss of posts relevant to I-751 Waivers. You know what I've found out? There's 3 different categories for those filing waivers:

1. Those with good terms with their ex-spouse: Usually these cases go very smooth, as long as the immigrant has enough evidence the relationship was real.

2. Those with bad terms with their ex-spouse, Usually causing the ex to report the immigrant as a fraudster. USCIS isn't stupid, they know people hold grudges against one another expecially following a divorce, so it's not unusual to expect the USC spouse to accuse the immigrant of marrying him/her only for the GC. In such cases, it has to do primarily with the evidence presented by the immigrant, but due to the nature of the accusation, the case also passes through Immigration fraud department. This causes it to take a much longer time than usual, but all the cases (except for 1) that I've read have been approved, atleast by filing N400 application, which forces USCIS to adjudicate (i.e approve or deny) the I-751 on file.

3. Those who really ARE fraudsters: Obviously no one will post online saying they're a fraud, so I've never came across this kind of case (Atleast online). Mostly posts which talk about fraud are posted by their USC ex-spouse, so it's hard to judge whether or not the case is real. However, these cases are usually accompanied by the accusation of fraud by the USC spouse and will certainly take much longer times.

I know you think this is crazy, but I actually wanted to have an interview! I was so worried they were gonna deny my case without interviewing me even though (praise be to God) I've had more than 300 pages of evidence. And I thought an interview is my chance to prove my marriage was real.

If you're worried, sad, etc, please keep the following in mind:

1. You're a permanent resident.

2. You're authorized to live in the US

3. You're authorized to work.

4. You're authorized to travel.

5. The time you're spending at the moment is counting towards your citizenship.

Besides the little piece of plastic's expiration date, are you any different than a permanent resident whose conditions are removed?!

What's the worst case scenario?

Assuming your marriage is real ( I have no pity for fraudsters), you have the following outcomes (and God knows best). You either will:

1. Get approved (no RFE, no interview)

2. Get RFE, then approved

3. Get RFE, interview, then approved

4. Get RFE, interview, then denied

5. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, get approved.

6. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, then appear infront of an immigration judge for a hearing. Then defend your case, in which the burden of evidence to show that your marriage was a fraud is on USCIS. I havent heard of a hearing that didn't end up with an approval.

Above all, keep your trust in God, not your evidence. God can do magic far beyond your reasoning.

SO...ARE YOU STILL WORRIED? biggrin.gif

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

Congrats to Eramos!

I have a little piece of advice for those waiting on Waiver decisions:

When I filed for divorce, I was very worried (ofcourse) about alot of things including my immigration status. And as the divorce process progressed, I went on forums trying to study waiver cases based on divorce like mine. Trust me, this is one of the most useless things ever! I worried for no reason whatsoever.. I literally googled "I-751 denied" to see those who were denied and understand what they did wrong. I tended to worry too much, but honestly i see alot of people here worried, too. I know this is a very normal way to feel, but it really doesn't help. I've read tonnnssss of posts relevant to I-751 Waivers. You know what I've found out? There's 3 different categories for those filing waivers:

1. Those with good terms with their ex-spouse: Usually these cases go very smooth, as long as the immigrant has enough evidence the relationship was real.

2. Those with bad terms with their ex-spouse, Usually causing the ex to report the immigrant as a fraudster. USCIS isn't stupid, they know people hold grudges against one another expecially following a divorce, so it's not unusual to expect the USC spouse to accuse the immigrant of marrying him/her only for the GC. In such cases, it has to do primarily with the evidence presented by the immigrant, but due to the nature of the accusation, the case also passes through Immigration fraud department. This causes it to take a much longer time than usual, but all the cases (except for 1) that I've read have been approved, atleast by filing N400 application, which forces USCIS to adjudicate (i.e approve or deny) the I-751 on file.

3. Those who really ARE fraudsters: Obviously no one will post online saying they're a fraud, so I've never came across this kind of case (Atleast online). Mostly posts which talk about fraud are posted by their USC ex-spouse, so it's hard to judge whether or not the case is real. However, these cases are usually accompanied by the accusation of fraud by the USC spouse and will certainly take much longer times.

I know you think this is crazy, but I actually wanted to have an interview! I was so worried they were gonna deny my case without interviewing me even though (praise be to God) I've had more than 300 pages of evidence. And I thought an interview is my chance to prove my marriage was real.

If you're worried, sad, etc, please keep the following in mind:

1. You're a permanent resident.

2. You're authorized to live in the US

3. You're authorized to work.

4. You're authorized to travel.

5. The time you're spending at the moment is counting towards your citizenship.

Besides the little piece of plastic's expiration date, are you any different than a permanent resident whose conditions are removed?!

What's the worst case scenario?

Assuming your marriage is real ( I have no pity for fraudsters), you have the following outcomes (and God knows best). You either will:

1. Get approved (no RFE, no interview)

2. Get RFE, then approved

3. Get RFE, interview, then approved

4. Get RFE, interview, then denied

5. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, get approved.

6. Get RFE, interview, then denied. File motion to reopen, then appear infront of an immigration judge for a hearing. Then defend your case, in which the burden of evidence to show that your marriage was a fraud is on USCIS. I havent heard of a hearing that didn't end up with an approval.

Above all, keep your trust in God, not your evidence. God can do magic far beyond your reasoning.

SO...ARE YOU STILL WORRIED? biggrin.gif

Aslam o alikum okalian plz pray for me too.

Thanks a lot okalian for all your input. It has been very helpful for me.

I actually applied on June 5th and still have not recieved my NOA. DOes anyone here think that Waiver NOAs might take longer to arrive? Is there a chance the NOA might not arrive?

Can i still travel on my conditional GC (without NOA) which does not expire until jan 2011?

Timeline

I actually applied on June 5th and still have not recieved my NOA. DOes anyone here think that Waiver NOAs might take longer to arrive? Is there a chance the NOA might not arrive?

Almost every previous months, there were some VSC filers who never got NOA.

You might be the one too. (As I remember, they weren't waiver filers though...)

Timeline

Almost every previous months, there were some VSC filers who never got NOA.

You might be the one too. (As I remember, they weren't waiver filers though...)

Yurika& jim is right. There's a selection of people who don't get one. I see your greencard will expire jan 11, means it was approved jan 2009 and you've had your biometrics (for I-485) probably a few months before. I heard (and i definitely could be wrong) if your last biometrics were less than 15 months old, they still use it. I think this may be your case. but you never know with USCIS..

Please keep in mind that, under normal circumstances, waivers and jointly filed I-751 take the exact same timeline. I was approved just as fast as (and even faster than a few other) jointly filed applicants.

And yes, you may travel with you unexpired greencard. But make sure someone locally is checking your mailbox to see if you get a biometrics or an interview notice. Failing to appear to either one will guarantee the denial of I-751. Take your I-751 receipt notice with you.

Edited by Okalian

Wife's I-130:

Timeline

Yurika& jim is right. There's a selection of people who don't get one. I see your greencard will expire jan 11, means it was approved jan 2009 and you've had your biometrics (for I-485) probably a few months before. I heard (and i definitely could be wrong) if your last biometrics were less than 15 months old, they still use it. I think this may be your case. but you never know with USCIS..

Please keep in mind that, under normal circumstances, waivers and jointly filed I-751 take the exact same timeline. I was approved just as fast as (and even faster than a few other) jointly filed applicants.

And yes, you may travel with you unexpired greencard. But make sure someone locally is checking your mailbox to see if you get a biometrics or an interview notice. Failing to appear to either one will guarantee the denial of I-751. Take your I-751 receipt notice with you.

I really appreciate all your replies. I am hoping for Gods magic too.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.