natasha/willem

Could it be bad for the application, if you send too much information?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hi I just discovered this site, after 4 months of preparing the K-1 visa application with my fiance, carefuly reviwing the USCIS site, and even bying a fiance visa kit online, and gather up all the documents. I send my fiance ( he is the american, I am Macedonian) all the sighned forms in febuary, and we even gathered the necesary documents for the I-134 affidavit of support. in the application that we would hopefully send today, at the end there are copies even of the afidavit of support, and plus there are some documents like, my visa to the states from my stay at the us ( I was on a scholarship there when we met) my international birth certificate, and copy of my passport. Is that bad or good for the application? I really need to know this, cuz yesterday when I checked the necessary doc for the a starting application, I realised we might have a little bit too much of irrelevant documents for the uscis. But considering, that that application goes to the US embassy in my country if its aprooved, I figured out that having a little bit of additional info, wouldnt be that bad, or would it? Anyways I have one more question to all of you here that you have already been through all this, does everyone gets NOA1 and if not, after which time aproximately does the NOA2 arrives, considering we are sending the docs at the California service center. Please I need answers asap, cuz my fiance is about to send the app today? Thanks?

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

wouldn't be bad if you sent the documents required to the application (see checklist)

we got the first notification (NOA1) after 2 days of submitting the application. The NOA2 took 106 days, but could take less o more time, each case is different.

best wishes on your Visajourney :star:

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

... some documents like, my visa to the states from my stay at the us ( I was on a scholarship there when we met) ...

Does the scholarship mean you were here in the USA on a J-1 Visa? If so, does that J-1 Visa have a 2 year HRR (Home Residency Requirement)? A scholarship from the US Government or Home Government is the normal reason for issuing the 2 year HRR with a J-1.

If so are you still inside that 2 year period, when did you leave the USA? If you are still in that 2 year window, did you apply to the DOS (Department of State) for the Waiver of the 2 year HRR?

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

in the application that we would hopefully send today, ... there are copies

- of the afidavit of support, - I wouldn't include this. It will be a few months until you get P3 and by then they will want a new one because it's not close enough to the P3 date

- my visa to the states from my stay at the us ( I was on a scholarship there when we met) - A copy of your visa is fine. This is what would be called "secondary evidence" of you having met, or rather at least having the ABILITY to have met

- my international birth certificate, - not really needed but if you want to send a copy that's up to you. Right now you're kinda irrelevant to the process, they're judging to see if HE is eligible to bring you over, the Visa part (in your country) is making sure YOU are eligible

- and copy of my passport. - As above, not really needed but I did include it because I photocopied the entry stamp in my passport for evidence of meeting.

Is that bad or good for the application? considering, that that application goes to the US embassy in my country if its aprooved, I figured out that having a little bit of additional info, wouldnt be that bad, or would it?

Does everyone gets NOA1 and if not, after which time aproximately does the NOA2 arrives, considering we are sending the docs at the California service center. Please I need answers asap, cuz my fiance is about to send the app today? Thanks? - Yes. Everyone gets NOA1 as it is the receipt of payment (as well as telling you they have your file)

What you're doing is called "front-loading" which some people like to do just to strengthen their case, for exactly the reason you stated, that when it gets to your home country they have some evidence there.

The only issue I see is the I-134. The document is handed over with P3 typically, and sending it now when it's not needed will just mean that you need to submit it again (most likely) because the information would be a few months old.

My NOA2 date was 3 months from NOA1. Some have been quicker (not often) and some have been longer. Most are 3 months or longer.

Good luck.

p.s. Don't forget to include evidence of meeting such as ticket stubs, travel itineraries and photos together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I am glad you found this site and WELCOME!

The NOA 1 & 2 are both variable. You can go to the USCIS website and see that the average National timeline for the California Service Center is running about 5 months total.

Good luck on your journey!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

I'm a firm believer in "front loading"... it lessens the chances of a dreaded RFE... Welcome to VJ and may your journey be a smooth and short one!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm a firm believer in "front loading"... it lessens the chances of a dreaded RFE... Welcome to VJ and may your journey be a smooth and short one!

I am too but generally don't include an I-134 with a petition as it will just need to be provided again later with current date and documentation. The employment information on the G325a is generally sufficient to get the Conoff thinking appropriately about any financial issues.

A photocopy of your birth certificate won't hurt anything but you'll be expected to carry the original to the interview, so don't send originals of such documents. What should be original are the cover letter, check, petition, G325a and letters of intent.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

About the J1, send a copy of your DS2019. I was RFEd at NVC because they wanted proof that I didn't have the 2HRR and a copy of the visa was apparently not enough.

I know your case won't be processed at NVC but it might help to add it anyway.

Good luck!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Timeline

Thanks so much people. Just I have a problem. I misplaced my DS2019 and I hope that wont delay the whole process.But if it helps I have an official transcript from the university where I got the scholarship, I also have a letter of admission coppied and added to the K-1 app. Is that relevant?There is like almost 25 pages and photos for proof of relationship, Itinerary (for both of us, when I went to the states and when he came back to visit),and everything included in details. Me and my fiance, are so frustrated, and trying to make this thing work out cuz, you see by june we will be separated for a year, and as you all probably know, it is very frustrating to do the online chating calling, and not seeing eachoter.It makes me be in a status quo position,for almost a year now. I cant find a steady job, cuz I dont know when I am gonna suppose to leave, and I want it to be sooner. Its so very frustrating as I said and sometimes, the only thing we have to hold on is to eachother. I saw, on this site that the processing time for macedonia is almost a year and there have only been a couple of casses, and Im worried. And at the end I am not really stoked that I am gonna live in the US, just I want to be with my fiance, and due to thefact that he is bound to live in the states for a couple of years he cant move to my country. I hate all the paperwork.:( and I red and I read and could someone please tell me in short words like with arrows, how is the path of a normal application like:

sent the I-129f>noa1>noa2> what happens to the application later? thanks.

and I know that by the time I will have to present the affidavit I will have to get new docs, but I thought it was ok to send coppies since we tried to get them. or is it? Sorry for complaining. And thank you soo much you cleared up things a lot for me.

Edited by natasha/willem

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Thanks so much people. Just I have a problem. I misplaced my DS2019 and I hope that wont delay the whole process.But if it helps I have an official transcript from the university where I got the scholarship, I also have a letter of admission coppied and added to the K-1 app. Is that relevant?There is like almost 25 pages and photos for proof of relationship, Itinerary (for both of us, when I went to the states and when he came back to visit),and everything included in details. Me and my fiance, are so frustrated, and trying to make this thing work out cuz, you see by june we will be separated for a year, and as you all probably know, it is very frustrating to do the online chating calling, and not seeing eachoter.It makes me be in a status quo position,for almost a year now. I cant find a steady job, cuz I dont know when I am gonna suppose to leave, and I want it to be sooner. Its so very frustrating as I said and sometimes, the only thing we have to hold on is to eachother. I saw, on this site that the processing time for macedonia is almost a year and there have only been a couple of casses, and Im worried. And at the end I am not really stoked that I am gonna live in the US, just I want to be with my fiance, and due to thefact that he is bound to live in the states for a couple of years he cant move to my country. I hate all the paperwork.:( and I red and I read and could someone please tell me in short words like with arrows, how is the path of a normal application like:

sent the I-129f>noa1>noa2> what happens to the application later? thanks.

and I know that by the time I will have to present the affidavit I will have to get new docs, but I thought it was ok to send coppies since we tried to get them. or is it? Sorry for complaining. And thank you soo much you cleared up things a lot for me.

Basic Summary - can vary some at different consulates

USC (petitioner) sends I-129f packet to USCIS

USCIS sends NOA1 to petitioner acknowledging receipt (usually a week or two)

USCIS sends NOA2 to petitioner upon approval of I129f petition (typical 3-5 months, depends on service center, may be shorter, can be longer)

USCIS sends approved petition to the NVC (National Visa Center) for background check

NVC assigns new case number and forwards approved petition to the Consulate

Consulate sends packet 3 to beneficiary (letter with instructions how to file visa application and things that will be needed for interview)

After receipt of packet 3 - consulate will process and send packet 4 to beneficiary (interview apointment letter with instructions for medical exam and documents required for interview)

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

About the J1, send a copy of your DS2019. I was RFEd at NVC because they wanted proof that I didn't have the 2HRR and a copy of the visa was apparently not enough.

I know your case won't be processed at NVC but it might help to add it anyway.

Good luck!

Hi,

I actually just send my petition on April 21st and my fiance was here on a J1 visa over the summer.. he was not subject to the 2yr thing either, but actually I found out after sending the I-129f in that there was such thing as 2yr rule :unsure: .. I mean I included a copy of his J1 visa as proof of our relationship and that he was in Chicago with me for 5 months this past year, but nothing about 2yr rule not being applicable to him.

How did the RFE work? Was this a letter they sent you? and how far along??

Sorry but I am really bad with the acronyms like NVC :\\

I;m just worried and don't want any complications :o

Thank you so much!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello thanks for all the advices on my questions, my application is now send, got the NOA1 on 10th of may, and waiting for the NOA 2. based on the timelines I checked from april, should get my NOA2 in the next couple of weeks ( hopefully).Only things that worries me is that havent been "touched since may 12) BUMMER!!! Does that means something?

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.