32 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you guys for replying.. I went over your replies and I decided just to send it to the PO box address.. I'm gonna give you an update what will happen.. I really appreciate your help. ;)

It'll work fine one way or the other.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I got confused because I want to send my AOS package via USPS express mail.. Can someone give me a quick response which filing address to send the AOS package.. Is it the P.O. box address or in 131 South Dearborn, 3rd Floor? Thank you for the help!

If you are using USPS you always want a use P.O BOX. Even you are sending this vis USPS express mail it does not consider as courier service.

I hope this helps.

K-1 Visa
Service Center:California Service Center
Consulate:Mumbai, India
I-129F sent:04/08/2009
I-129F NOA1:04/23/2009
I-129F NOA2:08/06/2009
Packet 3 received:08/28/2009
Packet 3 sent:09/02/2009
Interview Date:10/08/09
Visa Received on 10/08/2009
US Entry:01/17/2010
Marriage:02/05/2010
Comment:AOS
I-485 sent:03/20/2010
I-485 NOA1:04/03/2010
I-131 Approved:06/04/2010
I-765 Approved:06/04/2010

I-485 Interview:07/12/2010
I-485 Approved:07/12/2010
Comment: Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence
I-751 sent:04/16/2012
I-751 payment was cleared on 04/25/2012
I-751 NOA1: receipt date 04/18/2012, received date 04/28/2012
ASC appointment(BIO) schedule on 05/16/2012
I-751 Approved:10/19/2012
I-551 received on 10/25/2012

Comment: Application of Naturalization

N-400 sent:07/15/2013
N-400 payment was cleared on 07/19/2013
N-400 NOA1: receipt date 07/18/2013, received date 07/20/2013

Biometrics on 08/08/2013

N-400 Interview:10/08/2013

N-400 Approved:10/08/2013

Oath Ceremony:10/29/2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And if you don't believe me just ask payxibka. He's an expert. :D

I am glad you finally recognized that I am more informed than you...

YMMV

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Here's the update.. I decided just to send my AOS package thru Express mail via USPS.. And it all worked out.. I sent my AOS package thru the Express/courier mailing address. :)

Thanks for the update Randy! I see some members keep on saying that USPS Express mail deliveries should be addressed to PO Box address and that the USPS Express mail is not considered as courier. But \

I have sent my AOS package via Express mail of USPS on June 18th 2010 using the address for Express Mail/Courier services on the USCIS website. I have got a delivery confirmation signed for by L BOX. I am little worried reading some threads in this forum esp from payxibka . But I will let y'all know about my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You guys are overthinking this. They will accept it, regardless of whether you send it to the PO box or the physical address. I sent my package using USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED. I sent it to the Dearborn street address. It was accepted and processed without any problems, and I got the NOA emails and text messages from USCIS about a week later.

They prefer you to send to the PO box because it's equipped to handle a large volume of mail. They provide the physical mailing address because some private couriers (UPS, for example) refuse to deliver to a PO box.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You guys are overthinking this. They will accept it, regardless of whether you send it to the PO box or the physical address. I sent my package using USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED. I sent it to the Dearborn street address. It was accepted and processed without any problems, and I got the NOA emails and text messages from USCIS about a week later.

They prefer you to send to the PO box because it's equipped to handle a large volume of mail. They provide the physical mailing address because some private couriers (UPS, for example) refuse to deliver to a PO box.

Makes sense! Thanks..

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I had this same dilemma before mailing out my stuff yesterday, and all this thread accomplished was to make me paranoid. So, I took a minute to read the instructions for all the forms I was sending out, until I found one (I-131) where the wording was less ambiguous:

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

It's clear from this statement that the physical address is recommended for both private couriers and USPS Express Mail.

I shipped my one-pound packet via Express Mail to the Chicago lockbox, and it was delivered this morning. B-)

Ultimately, as JimVaPhuong said, applications will be accepted no matter how and where they're sent, but for those OCD folks who want to do the "right" thing, I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I guess I can help answer this as I was reading this yesterday freaking out that I might've sent my package to the wrong address. I used Express Mail and sent it to the physical S Dearborn address. The package was sent yesterday by me at 3:30pm and got to the destination the next day at 11:30am signed for and delivered. I do think you should probably waive the signature required since it doesn't really do anything and god forbid something happens where absolutely no one is there that USPS would have to bring the package back to the office. As for the direct time difference between express to the PO box or street address is unknown as no one here probably knows about USCIS box pickup times or where these packages go after pickup. All I'm saying is both work

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

NO!

It does NOT work that way. I sent my package on 4/25/2011 using USPS Express Mail to the 131 Dearborn 3rd Floor address. It was delivered the next day and was signed by J C .

After ONE month, I have NOT received any receipt from them neither my package returned nor my checks have been cashed. I called them today and was told by officer Gonzalez that I had sent to the wrong address AND my last name is not showing up in the system. It was supposed to be the P.O. Box address.

But as my basic common sense told me. "J C" has signed and received the package on the 3rd floor of 131 Dearborn meaning that the package is INSIDE the office. But it is apparently LOST.

The officer told me to refile the whole thing and send to them again. According to what officer Gonzalez said: USPS (even Express mail) -> PO BOX. UPS/FedEx -> 131 Dearborn 3rd Floor

My wife is on her Student Visa which expires in 3 months and now I have to start filing EVERYTHING again. I am going to call them again to hear from a different officer to see if there is any other solution.

I hope this can help some one out there looking for the "right" address to send to.

3/24/2011 sent the forms

4/27/2011 got the texts and emails with the receipt numbers

4/30/2011 received 4 receipts in the mail. - Case Status: Initial Review

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

fast_jet, please don't generalize and spread misinformation. A lot of people, me included, shipped our applications via USPS Express Mail to the physical address as per the instructions on the form and had no issues whatsoever.

It took over four weeks for me to even get my receipt notices, so your packet may not even be lost yet. And if it has been misplaced, trust me--it definitely wasn't because of where you mailed it.

Timeline

fast_jet, please don't generalize and spread misinformation. A lot of people, me included, shipped our applications via USPS Express Mail to the physical address as per the instructions on the form and had no issues whatsoever.

It took over four weeks for me to even get my receipt notices, so your packet may not even be lost yet. And if it has been misplaced, trust me--it definitely wasn't because of where you mailed it.

hi basteagow,

Thanks for you input but that's exactly what the officer i called in earlier told me. But it's good to hear that you got your receipt notices over four weeks.

Basteagow, would you say i should wait for another week before starting to re-filing everything again? how many weeks did you have to wait until you received your receipt actually?

Thanks

jet

3/24/2011 sent the forms

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just FYI - I sent my package via USPS express mail with delivery confirmation (not signature) to the street address and had no issues. It honestly doesn't matter which address you use UNLESS it's a courier service that won't deliver to PO Boxes.

Personally our street does not have USPS street mail delivery so ALL my mail must be sent to the PO Box address unless it's FedEx or UPS who only deliver to street addresses. If I buy stuff online and I can't see what service they're using I need to write both my PO Box and street address on the package so that I'm sure I get it. It's annoying as heck for sure but it's certainly made me more aware of the postal "system".

This is why I just went with a courier.. lol.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

This is why I just went with a courier.. lol.

It doesn't really matter how you send it. As long as it gets to the office OR the po box "lol". I got my receipt numbers yesterday.

Jet

3/24/2011 sent the forms

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.