jundp

Personal attacks

186 posts in this topic

3eT464L1YRA

:thumbs:

Hope things work out for ya! Someday!

Edited by ={Rogue}=

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's simple enough, if you do not agree with my very weird way of thinking or in my stupid opinions based on heresay, you are an idiot. Don't have to back anything up with facts, either you agree with me, or you are an idiot.

Oh, and I feel very safe hidden behind my keyboard so I can say anything I want to.

It seems like every time I go away from VJ for a while and come back I notice more and more the personal attacks that crop up in threads (especially in OT, but often in the upper forums too).

There's a whole slew of 'holier-than-thou' attitudes abounding out there. Is it just me or does it seem like common decency is being seen less and less on VJ in the last year or so? A thread will go from being about the original post to calling people out as stupid, liberal (or right wing) fanatic, dissing wives, husbands, mamas...I just don't get it people.

VJ sheesh.

Things seem to be a bit more hostile than when I first came here in 2004.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Things seem to be a bit more hostile than when I first came here in 2004.

Oh ya. the hostility just gets worse and worse on VJ. Guess thats why many just stick to their country forums. Guess the more popular VJ gets,the more hostility it attracts! Quite sad to see how some people behave and they think its normal behavior

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's simple enough, if you do not agree with my very weird way of thinking or in my stupid opinions based on heresay, you are an idiot. Don't have to back anything up with facts, either you agree with me, or you are an idiot.

Oh, and I feel very safe hidden behind my keyboard so I can say anything I want to.

QFT- You see this numerous times a day in the OT forum & the most illogical posters are almost always the most outspoken.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
It seems like every time I go away from VJ for a while and come back I notice more and more the personal attacks that crop up in threads (especially in OT, but often in the upper forums too).

There's a whole slew of 'holier-than-thou' attitudes abounding out there. Is it just me or does it seem like common decency is being seen less and less on VJ in the last year or so? A thread will go from being about the original post to calling people out as stupid, liberal (or right wing) fanatic, dissing wives, husbands, mamas...I just don't get it people.

VJ sheesh.

Yes, some people who have little to contribute of substance resort to one line name calling. I take it for what it is worth.

However I also see many times responses which are simply the truth as being considered "personal attacks" which is not true. There seems to be some sort of increased need to blow sunshine up people's @sses when they really have made some pretty stupid mistakes and should fully expect what happened and not expect success in the visa process, for example.

Earlier today was a post form a woman who's husband went for his interview without an I-134, without a birth certificate, without a police certificate and now she says it is "not fair" because she needs him here to care for her after she just had their baby. Sorry, but it is her problem, she messed up, and now he won't be here. It is from a MENA country and she is told that he will have AP for up to 5 months. Big surpise, "not fair" because why? She didn't inform herself.

My answer was how to correct the problem, clearly and succinctly but I neglected to say "sorry about your troubles" and "I will pray for you" and "God is Great" and "All things are possible with God" (AND an I-134, a birth certificate and a police certificate, I might add) some sensitive souls, quite likely from Canada, will say that is a "persoanl attack" It is not. it is the truth.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
Yes, some people who have little to contribute of substance resort to one line name calling. I take it for what it is worth.

However I also see many times responses which are simply the truth as being considered "personal attacks" which is not true. There seems to be some sort of increased need to blow sunshine up people's @sses when they really have made some pretty stupid mistakes and should fully expect what happened and not expect success in the visa process, for example.

Earlier today was a post form a woman who's husband went for his interview without an I-134, without a birth certificate, without a police certificate and now she says it is "not fair" because she needs him here to care for her after she just had their baby. Sorry, but it is her problem, she messed up, and now he won't be here. It is from a MENA country and she is told that he will have AP for up to 5 months. Big surpise, "not fair" because why? She didn't inform herself.

My answer was how to correct the problem, clearly and succinctly but I neglected to say "sorry about your troubles" and "I will pray for you" and "God is Great" and "All things are possible with God" (AND an I-134, a birth certificate and a police certificate, I might add) some sensitive souls, quite likely from Canada, will say that is a "persoanl attack" It is not. it is the truth.

FWIW - After 5 or 6 other people had already responded to her (13 previous posts) and given her some really excellent and caring advice - you had to chime in with your usual criticisms and THEN advice. At that point, it was really unnecessary for you to add anything. She had already been told to get the docs together ASAP and Darnell had advised her on how to get some help with housing, etc. She is here and already has the baby, can't undo any of that and your comment about "the government doesn't care that you chose to make a baby before you got married" - it was mean and unnecessary - IMHO

When reading various posts that you respond to, I know that if I can dig my way through the usual "you went to the interview unprepared, how could you be so stupid" - - there is always some good advice from you, in there somewhere. Maybe you could leave off the personal judgments and just hand out the advice. You give great advice, really.

Just saying.....

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Are you volunteering to leave? :devil:

:rofl:

I'm gonna stop teasing Spooky. At least for today.

He must be shell-shocked right now, just like everyone else in Boston and greater New England.

The Patriots are down 24-0 right now against the Ravens, and it's still just the first quarter!

There have been 3 NE turnovers already, and the game opened with an amazing runback by Ray Rice from the kickoff.

New England has unraveled completely and utterly. I'm shell-shocked, and I don't even like the Pats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
FWIW - After 5 or 6 other people had already responded to her (13 previous posts) and given her some really excellent and caring advice - you had to chime in with your usual criticisms and THEN advice. At that point, it was really unnecessary for you to add anything. She had already been told to get the docs together ASAP and Darnell had advised her on how to get some help with housing, etc. She is here and already has the baby, can't undo any of that and your comment about "the government doesn't care that you chose to make a baby before you got married" - it was mean and unnecessary - IMHO

When reading various posts that you respond to, I know that if I can dig my way through the usual "you went to the interview unprepared, how could you be so stupid" - - there is always some good advice from you, in there somewhere. Maybe you could leave off the personal judgments and just hand out the advice. You give great advice, really.

Just saying.....

It doesn't benefit other members who could avoid the same mistakes IF the mistakes are pointed out so they can avoid them. A person's, even my own, mistakes can be used to learn, but only if we are willing to accept them as mistakes. I do not read all the other posts before I respond, I do not need to. If my response is the same as others, it is re-inforcement, if it isn't then maybe it corrects another's mistake...the purpose of public forums.

It is absolutely true the government does not care that she made a baby out of wedlock, they will do nothing to expedite her case because she forgot to use contraceptives, it is not thier problem. I have little (if any) sympathy for people who have problems entirely of their own making and expect someone else to handle it for them. That is the truth, that is life. You make mistakes, you pay for them.

FYI, I never said in any post to any one at any time "How you could you be so stupid" NEVER Why would you feel it necessary to add something untrue to your criticism? Why? She was unprepared and I said so, I DID NOT say she was stupid. Her fiance WAS unprepared. That is her fault.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla